Limited Approach Stoppies

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 08:04 AM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold
Re: Limited Approach Stoppies

directions for any stoppies- go practice!!!

yeah wut teach said, pin & grab + ur susp is compressing on deceleration
Old 05-04-2009, 08:19 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

i am stuck at 100-150 feet. ever since i put the clip ons back under the triple i can not see where i am going after getting up right under balance point. i hope it gets better when i get the full throttle fork extensions
Old 05-04-2009, 12:18 PM
A.M STOPPIE SCHOOL

ROWDY is a decent person

Originally Posted by Danger_Dave
Hi. I'm really obsessed with stoppies. I don't know why. But i've been practicing limited approach and man is it fun. The progress really increases alot that way too. I have "heard" you should be able to double your approach. 150/300 club ya know? But my problem with that is all bikes vary. engine performance, sprocket ratios, tire pressure, brakes, road surface, and wind also vary with 2 same model bikes. My other thing I wanted to discuss is little tricks and teqniques that come into play. Like if you fry your clutch off the line and mash the gas all the way up until the marker you get alot more speed to work with, but at the cost of having to rush launching the stoppie and it can be unpredictable as well as make the tire wash out. But if you get off the gas 15 feet before the marker, then you can have a split second of time you need to get your body position ready and get slightly on the brakes to let the nose sink, and then launch it properly and it results in a much smoother and more controlled stoppie. Not really sure what my question is, just wanna discuss the **** out of limited approach stoppies and for some of the high rollers to chime in. Thanks.
I use a drag race approach ( 5,000-5,800rpm) for my tecnique, slipping the clutch most of the way through 1st gear to leep the nose down. Then just pin it all the way till the line and grab the brake. With this much speed it will allow u to go over the BP off the inital pickup. Sometimes u have to make a height adjustment, sometimes u dont. That is usually what seperates the big boys from the little one is the inital pickup. Putting the bike at BP in the first 50ft takes *****, but u get used to it if thats the goal ur shooting for. As long as ur confident in ur equipment (i.e ur tire, ur steering damper) then u can just focus on height. Height + Speed = Distance
Another thing is keeping ur visor down while rolling. It blocks out wind and sound and allows u to focus more. Hearing the sound of ur brakes pulse is very important while up in the air believe it or not.

AM STOPPIE SCHOOL FOR LIFE

Originally Posted by da Liks
i try and get as much speed as i can get and try to go as high as possible as fast as i dare.just not in 1 fast ,motion to bp. i'll snap it up high and then get that extra height about a second later. that way i can easily double my approach. and, being smoooooth on the brake, not going updownupdownupdown just to take a high stoppie picture like some folks do...

Originally Posted by Lyttals
Hey wheelie king, if your having trouble with your bike drifting to the left you should grab a gpr stabilizer it will help alot that way you can adjust it to lower and lower settings as you get use to balancing it out.
U have ZERO clue what ur talking about do u?

Originally Posted by Suicidl
i am stuck at 100-150 feet. ever since i put the clip ons back under the triple i can not see where i am going after getting up right under balance point. i hope it gets better when i get the full throttle fork extensions
We are talking about stoppies here *****... Not wheelies
Old 05-04-2009, 12:48 PM
houstons tard

white bandito is a decent person

Originally Posted by ROWDY

U have ZERO clue what ur talking about do u?

+1 if its going sideways unintentionally its cause your arms arent locked. you steer with your shoulder not your arms
Old 05-04-2009, 01:00 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

We are talking about stoppies here *****... Not wheelies
my bad
Old 05-04-2009, 01:47 PM
NME
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

NME is a decent person

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
pinit till you ****** it, then grab so much brake that you coast for the first bit...maintain bp and you double your distance.

even the f800 can do it!

the faster you pick it up the less speed you scrub...it's all one motion really:coming off throttle and snapping it up

Thats the way to do it.... Use every last bit of runway that you can...

And lots of practice!
Old 05-04-2009, 01:57 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

replicating the same thing over and over is the key...thats why you use lim approach. minimize the inputs (humping tank, preloading, etc) and you will only have a few thigns to concentrate on: grabbing brake, steering, height, etc.

but like dlish said practice practice practice...and hyper: if you can't control the stoppie in a straight line, learn that first.

post up some vid, i'm bored
Old 05-04-2009, 03:07 PM

da Liks is a decent person

float em, it helps..:

Old 05-04-2009, 03:21 PM
RedruM

dmcfreestylematt is a jewel in the roughdmcfreestylematt is a jewel in the roughdmcfreestylematt is a jewel in the rough

Another thing is keeping ur visor down while rolling. It blocks out wind and sound and allows u to focus more. Hearing the sound of ur brakes pulse is very important while up in the air believe it or not.
hahahahaha thats funny when i'm really trying roll i have to have my visor down helps me kinda block every thing out and just get in the zone

never really told anyone that just cause i thought it sounded a little to biker boy ish
Old 05-04-2009, 03:47 PM
AuthorityStunts

KROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to beholdKROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to beholdKROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to beholdKROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to beholdKROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to beholdKROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to behold

^ +1 I always have my visor open when i ride, but stoppies I close it for some reason
Old 05-04-2009, 04:18 PM
A.M STOPPIE SCHOOL

ROWDY is a decent person

Originally Posted by dmcfreestylematt
hahahahaha thats funny when i'm really trying roll i have to have my visor down helps me kinda block every thing out and just get in the zone

never really told anyone that just cause i thought it sounded a little to biker boy ish
Well it DOES help with tunnel vision on 200mph dirt road blasts too
Old 05-04-2009, 06:22 PM
RedruM

dmcfreestylematt is a jewel in the roughdmcfreestylematt is a jewel in the roughdmcfreestylematt is a jewel in the rough

Well it DOES help with tunnel vision on 200mph dirt road blasts too

u comin to KOS i need some AM stoppie school lessons or are lessons only given in homeroom in hot-lanta
Old 05-04-2009, 09:09 PM

hyperryder is an unknown quantity at this point

hyper: if you can't control the stoppie in a straight line, learn that first.
teach brotha you know I can roll

This was my third day doing stoppies ever at a 150 foot approach. Long before I got the 636.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u6BKwOkc2N0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u6BKwOkc2N0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Bring it on teacher

Last edited by hyperryder; 05-04-2009 at 09:13 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:27 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

haha squid, i know you can rollllll...i misposted. iw as referring to what you said with the hyper:

lol
Old 05-04-2009, 09:34 PM

hyperryder is an unknown quantity at this point

haha squid, i know you can rollllll...i misposted. iw as referring to what you said with the hyper:

lol
So how far you gona roll on the new bmw 182 hp should be fun
Old 05-05-2009, 12:48 AM
Squid Standers. Get Owned

CRA$H AZ is a decent person

Originally Posted by white bandito
+1 if its going sideways unintentionally its cause your arms arent locked. you steer with your shoulder not your arms
don't forget if it's kicking out most of the time it's from not getting high enough, quick enough.

i go back and forth....most of the time i prefer visor down but when i'm having traction problems i tend to keep it up so i can hear the tire slide as quick as possible so i have the most amount of time to get off the brakes.

and it's so ******* hot in phoenix a helmet with the visor down is like an oven.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:53 AM
CA STUNTER

big ben is a decent person

+1 it makes me feel kinda safer.....like a seat belt kinda thing......... but only works during like endos or highchairs........
Old 05-05-2009, 12:56 AM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

i'm a newb with stoppies but tried getting on the brake right when i let off the throttle and it helped alot (still suck) but if felt like it got me that much closer
Old 05-05-2009, 01:02 AM
CA STUNTER

big ben is a decent person

yup.... i like that to b/c its kinda like u just go for it rather than pause and think about it....kinda sycs u out......the first time i hit the brke as sson as i let off was my 1st endo over 30 ft!!!!
Old 05-05-2009, 01:08 AM
Squid Standers. Get Owned

CRA$H AZ is a decent person

i've been so frustrated with stoppies lately i think i'm changing my strategy to going as far as i can as low as i can

Quick Reply: Limited Approach Stoppies