read this its stupid, if you dont wear a helmet & die because of it dont cry about it

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 10:34 PM

ShaneGSXR21 is a decent person
Re: read this its stupid, if you dont wear a helmet & die because of it dont cry abou

I just had to give a speech at school and i did it on the importance of wearing a helmet.

in 2007... (2008 info hadnt been released yet) there were 5,154 deaths in motorcycle crashes, of that number 1,784 were not wearing helmets when they were killed. 800 cases were deamed by a medical examiner that the blow to the head would not have killed the rider if they had been wearing a helmet.

I always wear a helmet because i know the extent of my own ability but Im scared of every angry soccer mom on her cell phone in the country.
also my bikes loud as **** and I hate hearing all the valve noises and other noises it makes that a helmet blocks out.

another interesting piece of information was that over half of all the fatalities were riders over 40 and 27% of them were drunk. the 18-24 demographic which is usually seen as the most dangerous, is actually on the decline.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:35 PM
STUNT SYNDICATE

ogsuperman is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: read this its stupid, if you dont wear a helmet & die because of it dont cry abou

Originally Posted by DLISH
Buy an Arai... once you dump that much cash you'll feel like an ******* if you're not rocking it ...
arai rules!!!!!

i have the super-motar helmut and i love it!!!!!

you can hit 100mph with very little wind drag on the moto visor
Old 04-30-2009, 10:37 PM
CA STUNTER

big ben is a decent person

no helmet in ur avatar
Old 04-30-2009, 10:42 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
i always ride with a helmet but i dont like having a law telling me i have to. its my ******* head.
ya man

but really, without a helmet, ALL the shitty riders would ride with no helmet

whereas the people that are probably skilled enough to occasionally not ride with a helmet, would wear a helmet on their own..

I know when I drive 5 minutes and cross into kansas, 80%+ of bikers don't have helmets on. And the ones on sport bikes, half the time are wearing a leather jacker with no helmet, I don't get the point in that

But I would like to be able to ride across my neighborhood to my friends without a helmet! Then again, I broke my leg in 3 places due to a car pulling out in front of me less then a mile from my house .....
Old 04-30-2009, 10:51 PM
Custom User Title

______ is a decent person

But I would like to be able to ride across my neighborhood to my friends without a helmet! Then again, I broke my leg in 3 places due to a car pulling out in front of me less then a mile from my house .....
you just never know
Old 04-30-2009, 10:53 PM
CA STUNTER

big ben is a decent person

i read the ca handbook for my M permit and it said most accidents occur w/in 5 miles of the riders home
Old 04-30-2009, 11:16 PM
***tastic

rookie stunter is a decent person

i spent 500 on my arai and theres no way that i would ride without it. i have a whole shelf full of helmets and i usually ride on the street with two. i have a german shell that i wear in town and my arai or scorpion that i wear on the road.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:03 AM
FTP

classic customs is a decent person

doesnt give them the right to force you to wear a helmet. i dont like seatbelt laws either but i almost always wear them, its my choice. if ppl dont wanna wear helmets its their choice to increase their risk of death. i dont like the government micromanaging every aspect of a persons life. its our right to live life dangerously if we want as long as we dont further endanger others while we do it.
agree, the only thing is when some tool wrecks and ***** himself up for the rest of his "life" us tax payers have to pay to keep him up... so i say it should be optional but dont expect strangers to pay out of pocket for your doctor bills

Originally Posted by 50slut
well hell yeah, thats where all the ***** was........
and drugs
Old 05-01-2009, 06:04 AM
FTP

classic customs is a decent person

Originally Posted by big ben
i read the ca handbook for my M permit and it said most accidents occur w/in 5 miles of the riders home
thats exactly why i moved............
Old 05-01-2009, 08:45 AM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

Originally Posted by big ben
ive heard that too
Old 05-01-2009, 01:35 PM

04Gixxer_Stunts is a decent person

Originally Posted by ShaneGSXR21
Its called natural selection. let the stupid people die.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:50 PM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DLISH
Buy an Arai... once you dump that much cash you'll feel like an ******* if you're not rocking it ...
+10000000 and i always get a good laugh when i see sum idiot thats got on a $500 alpinestars leather jacket and sum gloves but no lid.......morons i swear
Old 05-01-2009, 04:50 PM
El Mas Puto Del Lugar

GeRiGiXXeR600 is a decent person

theres a lot of pages on internet with some funny american laws.... by funny i mean stupid in the higuest degree. Not forcing people to wear lids or seatbelts is just that, stupid.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:53 PM
from the streets

Lowery636 is a decent person

doesnt give them the right to force you to wear a helmet. i dont like seatbelt laws either but i almost always wear them, its my choice. if ppl dont wanna wear helmets its their choice to increase their risk of death. i dont like the government micromanaging every aspect of a persons life. its our right to live life dangerously if we want as long as we dont further endanger others while we do it.
+1 on that! I don't think the state should tell you that you have to do anything.

I think people should just get a ******* brain and wear the lid or seatbelt without big brother telling them what to do for their own safety.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:00 PM

k7-600 will become famous soon enough

i always ride with a helmet but i dont like having a law telling me i have to. its my ******* head.
this
Old 05-01-2009, 05:02 PM

k7-600 will become famous soon enough

I remember when I was in school, they made it a law to wear a helmet when riding a bicycle until you were 17 or 18 or something, anyone else remember that? is it still a law? know anyone who actually got a ticket for it?
Old 05-01-2009, 05:06 PM
trz
Tank Danglers 4 life

trz is a decent person

gayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Old 05-01-2009, 05:59 PM
STILL ON PROBATION!

WolfmanJack is a decent person

+1, people should have the choice period!!! As long as the only person that is affected is the rider then let them splatter all over the HW. The government has too much control as it is, they don't need anymore!
Old 05-01-2009, 06:02 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by WolfmanJack
+1, people should have the choice period!!! As long as the only person that is affected is the rider then let them splatter all over the HW. The government has too much control as it is, they don't need anymore!
Problem is, if you split your wig on the pavement, then obviously you don't care, your dead.. it's NOT your problem.. it's the guy cleaning that **** up.. Your family, your friends, and tax payers that get to pay to keep you on life support should you live..
Old 05-01-2009, 06:16 PM
Jim CrashoBazzi

imafrogg420 is a decent person

exactly.

my helmets saved me so many times.

Quick Reply: read this its stupid, if you dont wear a helmet & die because of it dont cry about it