balance point

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 03:13 PM
word

oh8cbr600 will become famous soon enough
balance point

i've been working on clutching up my wheelies. Once i get it up to balance point am i gonna have to use the rear brake, or just cover it in case. Am i just keeping it up with throttle and then letting off when i get to the right spot?

im justhaving trouble finding the balance point, and knowing what it feels like.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:18 PM

Unknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to behold
Re: balance point

Here ya go https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/443-stunting-help-advice/72156-complete-guide-learning-basic.html
Old 04-30-2009, 03:19 PM
word

thanks man.
i had looked at that thread before when i first started coming to this site

maybe i just need to read it a few more times

how long did it take you to learn to balance wheelies?
Old 04-30-2009, 03:28 PM

Unknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by oh8cbr600
thanks man.
i had looked at that thread before when i first started coming to this site

maybe i just need to read it a few more times

how long did it take you to learn to balance wheelies?

Too long

You gotta pull it up and give it break, more throttle and more break that's what my friends always told me. So I did it and did it and did it and one day I finally got it.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:29 PM
Bacons Hot, Need a Spot

cjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud of

It feels like OH **** when first discovering it. At speed 2nd-3rd gear you'll get to a point where the bike get's light, keep it there by letting off n on the throttle gently or/also get it there steady throttle and lightly use the brake to keep up and steady, behind BP letting off the throttle and light brake you can slow down. You got it when oh **** becomes Oh Yeah. Idle pop it up catch with brake and keep it there with brake inputs.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:29 PM
word

lol.
so i can plan on spending all summer just learning wheelies?

I read that post and it helped some...
but do i ever use some throttle and break at the same time?
im just afraid im bringing it up too far i guess, even tho im sure im not getting it up there enough
Old 04-30-2009, 03:33 PM

lol.
so i can plan on spending all summer just learning wheelies?

I read that post and it helped some...
but do i ever use some throttle and break at the same time?
im just afraid im bringing it up too far i guess, even tho im sure im not getting it up there enough
If your foots on the brake then you shouldn't worry about bringing it up too far as long as you can catch it lol. Yeah when you get it worket out you'll barely be on the throttle and just riding it out nice and slow like. It should take you a solid month or two depending on how much you practice before you get decent at it. But keep trying and you'll get it. And when you're up there you're never as high up as you think so don't be skrrd.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:44 PM

b16a is an unknown quantity at this point

im still a squid like woah, but it only took me like 2 sessions at the lot to pick up bp from a stand still. i mastered brake control on a 3 wheeler and quad over the winter before rocking out the bike this spring. im starting to catch idle now and been to the lot a total of 6-7 times in my life. ive also had some good guys giving me pointers, which helps...where in va do you live?? come out with us on sundays and you will have no choice but to progress!
Old 04-30-2009, 03:47 PM
word

im southwest va....so im way away from nova.
which sucks
cause you guys have a stunt scene

roanoke doesn't...

im hoping riding everyday for a month and ill have balance point....but it never works out that way
Old 04-30-2009, 03:49 PM
Incredible shrinking man

blee is a decent person

I dont know if this will help but clutch up to bp as fast as you can,if ya chase it you'll be gaining to much speed,1st gear only,try clutchin from a stop or very slow roll, I dont jerk up on bars(bike may become unstable),while learnin usually your never as far back as you think,you'll know when your at bp(bike is basicly weightless)kinda hard to explain,try crankin idle too, cause the bike wants to keep goin back,then your forced to use the back brake,when my f4i is at bp for staggard(which is prob how your learnin) the forks are pretty much parallel with the ground,if that helps
Old 04-30-2009, 03:54 PM
word

nah. haven't started staggered, cause i dont have subframe yet...stock rr pegs are in a **** position..i can't stand it....... im trying to clutch to bp fast tho..cause i realized that i was gaining too much speed while chasing em.
do i have to disengage my tip sensor to just lift wheelies, or is that just for like 12 o clocks and stuff?
thanks for the advice tho everyone.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:59 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

LOL you don't know OH **** till you figure out BP stoppies lol that's like oh **** hahah.. But basically BP is where you're rpms stop climbing.. RR have a really high bp aswell
Old 04-30-2009, 04:05 PM

blue05 is a decent person

i found that 2nd gear goin around 50-60 was easier to learn brake. might not be the safest way tho
Old 04-30-2009, 04:08 PM

600flipper is a decent person

man my f4i stock sprockets idk wtf but it doesnt come up at ALL in 2nd staggered sitdowns dont matter bounce on the forks nothing **** wont come up in second why? and its not how i clutch it up i clutch it up straight in 1st
Old 04-30-2009, 04:09 PM

b16a is an unknown quantity at this point

im southwest va....so im way away from nova.
which sucks
cause you guys have a stunt scene

roanoke doesn't...

im hoping riding everyday for a month and ill have balance point....but it never works out that way
i see...deff try learning brake control on a dirt bike or quad if any of your buddys have one. also like the other guy said deff learn doing staggerd!! and your more than welcome to come up north and ride with us whenever!
Old 04-30-2009, 04:09 PM

Dempsey is a decent person

1st gear.. clutch her up .. bump idle to 3k and try to ease on brakes but not kill.. the faster you get it up.. the slower you can get em off the bat
Old 04-30-2009, 04:15 PM

DaRican is a decent person

i had the same problems bro. i am still learning but i think my biggest problem was me being a *****. lol i let my ***** drop down lol and now i am doing them a lot better so keep at it
Old 04-30-2009, 04:19 PM

Dempsey is a decent person

hahaha yea jus get over the fact you'l fk your bike and body up and just do it.. it'l come to ya
Old 04-30-2009, 04:26 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Dempsey
hahaha yea jus get over the fact you'l fk your bike and body up and just do it.. it'l come to ya
Thats why i realized from experience it's just plain dumb to rock a new bike unless you really have the money cause afte rthe fact the bike won't be worth ****.. That's why it took me forever
Old 04-30-2009, 04:26 PM

blue05 is a decent person

Originally Posted by flipper600K5
man my f4i stock sprockets idk wtf but it doesnt come up at ALL in 2nd staggered sitdowns dont matter bounce on the forks nothing **** wont come up in second why? and its not how i clutch it up i clutch it up straight in 1st
clutch shot?

Quick Reply: balance point