balance point

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 04:27 PM

Dempsey is a decent person
Re: balance point

Originally Posted by T-Dubby
Thats why i realized from experience it's just plain dumb to rock a new bike unless you really have the money cause afte rthe fact the bike won't be worth ****
yesssssir! the nice bikes come later when you actually have a few tricks down.. or you could be like me and turn every bike ya get into a piece of $h!t ahaha
Old 04-30-2009, 04:28 PM

600flipper is a decent person

Originally Posted by blue05
clutch shot?
i dont think so... its a pretty new clutch its aftermarket tho?
Old 04-30-2009, 05:06 PM
Incredible shrinking man

blee is a decent person

And yes,growing a set is one of the biggest parts of stuntin
Old 04-30-2009, 05:11 PM
Came back-it's still wack

TongWoo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by oh8cbr600
im southwest va....so im way away from nova.
which sucks
cause you guys have a stunt scene

roanoke doesn't...

im hoping riding everyday for a month and ill have balance point....but it never works out that way
hahaha, barely anyone really stunts in Roanoke... Me and a few others. I've been stunting out of Roanoke for five years and only now are there less than a handful of stunters! I've always had to travel. Call me tonight. We'll get up and ride this weekend. I'll help ya out
Old 04-30-2009, 05:40 PM

boostnm3 is a decent person

Originally Posted by flipper600K5
man my f4i stock sprockets idk wtf but it doesnt come up at ALL in 2nd staggered sitdowns dont matter bounce on the forks nothing **** wont come up in second why? and its not how i clutch it up i clutch it up straight in 1st
I never had a problem clutching up my f4i with stock sprockets. Could clutch it up to 3rd gear with some help. 2nd was never a problem....
Old 04-30-2009, 05:43 PM

Dempsey is a decent person

get a 636 prob solved
Old 04-30-2009, 05:51 PM
king of runon sentences

De Rudeboy is a decent person

Originally Posted by b16a
im still a squid like woah, but it only took me like 2 sessions at the lot to pick up bp from a stand still. i mastered brake control on a 3 wheeler and quad over the winter before rocking out the bike this spring. im starting to catch idle now and been to the lot a total of 6-7 times in my life. ive also had some good guys giving me pointers, which helps...where in va do you live?? come out with us on sundays and you will have no choice but to progress!

cough cough*bullshit* hahah you aint got to lie craig....we been hittin the lot all winter long and as soon as u felt the warmth in ur bones u got it...then ur bitch as had to go brake the water pump...haha but really u came along way..and merkin the 3 helped u out alot. if i wasnt nursing so many injuries id be right there...
Old 05-05-2009, 03:41 PM

jmrutley is a decent person

Originally Posted by b16a
im still a squid like woah, but it only took me like 2 sessions at the lot to pick up bp from a stand still. i mastered brake control on a 3 wheeler and quad over the winter before rocking out the bike this spring. im starting to catch idle now and been to the lot a total of 6-7 times in my life. ive also had some good guys giving me pointers, which helps...where in va do you live?? come out with us on sundays and you will have no choice but to progress!
Hey where do you practice is it in the commuter parking lot in woodbridge. i heard of some guys going down there on sun.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:22 PM

ShaneGSXR21 is a decent person

Originally Posted by blee
And yes,growing a set is one of the biggest parts of stuntin

+1 i had the form down, knew what I had to do, but still couldnt do it... then one day I said "self quit being a ****** *****" and I did it... after u roll BP you get it locked you know the feeling and then its only up from there.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:03 PM

salaminfred is a decent person

Originally Posted by cjoec01
It feels like OH **** when first discovering it. At speed 2nd-3rd gear you'll get to a point where the bike get's light, keep it there by letting off n on the throttle gently or/also get it there steady throttle and lightly use the brake to keep up and steady, behind BP letting off the throttle and light brake you can slow down. You got it when oh **** becomes Oh Yeah. Idle pop it up catch with brake and keep it there with brake inputs.

OH **** indeed! im still at that level. i can get it up to balance point and if im lucky ill coast there even if i let off the throttle for a few seconds then come down. i keep forgetting about the rear brake.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:10 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

If people would just go out in 1st gear and clutch from dead stop and get it high each time it'd cause less damage.. Loop at 50 and bike goes tumble tumble
Old 05-05-2009, 05:52 PM

toofancy83 is a decent person

oh boy
Old 05-05-2009, 06:15 PM
STILL ON PROBATION!

WolfmanJack is a decent person

Originally Posted by T-Dubby
If people would just go out in 1st gear and clutch from dead stop and get it high each time it'd cause less damage.. Loop at 50 and bike goes tumble tumble

That's how I have been trying to lock BP. Figured if I can clutch it up fast from a dead stop or slow roll, if I loop it that damage won't be as bad and I can progress from there. Still in the OH **** category myself, getting the feel for the bike snapping up on me and trying to use my break to control the height, but still having issues with easing off the throttle because the bike snaps up so quickly. Just need to break that instinct that says slam the throttle shut and concentrate on more brake control.

Don't want to jack your thread dude, but this is relevant. Is is easier to find BP standing (staggered or regular) or sitting?

Last edited by WolfmanJack; 05-05-2009 at 06:18 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:35 PM

Foose is a decent person

A guy I rode with a couple weeks ago gave me a good tip... if you really wanna know how far back you are give the bar a good whack... well I did that this weekend and now I know how far back my bike can go without actualy looping....

I also use to think I was getting close to BP until I watched myself on video and found out I was nowhere near... so try video taping your self. It will help
Old 05-05-2009, 06:49 PM

ShaneGSXR21 is a decent person

Originally Posted by WolfmanJack
That's how I have been trying to lock BP. Figured if I can clutch it up fast from a dead stop or slow roll, if I loop it that damage won't be as bad and I can progress from there. Still in the OH **** category myself, getting the feel for the bike snapping up on me and trying to use my break to control the height, but still having issues with easing off the throttle because the bike snaps up so quickly. Just need to break that instinct that says slam the throttle shut and concentrate on more brake control.

Don't want to jack your thread dude, but this is relevant. Is is easier to find BP standing (staggered or regular) or sitting?

most people say it would be staggered... I can do spreaders, seatstanders, 50/50's and some other stuff but i cant ride a damn sitdown to save my life but somebody said it on here before and i found it easy on my gixxer was too take off the back seat put my foot in there and other on the brake... then straighten ur leg as you clutch it up, i liked it alot. its worth a try.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:52 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ShaneGSXR21
most people say it would be staggered... I can do spreaders, seatstanders, 50/50's and some other stuff but i cant ride a damn sitdown to save my life but somebody said it on here before and i found it easy on my gixxer was too take off the back seat put my foot in there and other on the brake... then straighten ur leg as you clutch it up, i liked it alot. its worth a try.
+1

sit down is pretty hard, I was riding miles staggard before I could even consistently go blocks sit down lol..

You can see more staggard, and throw your body around more
Old 05-05-2009, 07:08 PM

Foose is a decent person

I tried my first sitdown lot wheelie the other day after doing nothing but staggerd and almost ran into a pole... for some reason I went to the right as soon as I clutched it up... never happens in stagerd though
Old 05-05-2009, 09:41 PM
STILL ON PROBATION!

WolfmanJack is a decent person

Appreciate it guys, I'll give it a try tonight after i get off work. I'll post pics if I tear my tail off LOL!!!