Old 10-23-2010, 11:04 AM

PeterNoggin is a decent person
Re: Gsxr damper mod on stock f4i frontend

Originally Posted by TWITCH101
subscribed
u found it
Old 10-23-2010, 11:14 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

haha nice dig.

On mine I found it almost useless with less than 75 weight oil. And at that point it becomes hard to make a u turn. Adjustable dampers are the way to go
Old 10-23-2010, 12:04 PM
Soup Mafia

Ethiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MikeM
haha nice dig.

On mine I found it almost useless with less than 75 weight oil. And at that point it becomes hard to make a u turn. Adjustable dampers are the way to go
i put 30 wieght gear oil in mine, was so hard to go lock to lock but was full locked in a circle and came down and couldnt turn back and almost ran into a wall. **** was super annoying too.
Old 10-23-2010, 12:06 PM
Soup Mafia

Ethiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ethiopian
these things are dangerous if you put to thick of fluid in them, i was full counter steered for some reason in circles and had to set it down but couldnt turn the bars back in time, freaked out when the tire hit the ground and almost ran into a wall hahahaha. rather spend money on an adjustable damper then deal with taking it on and off.
guess i already told the fable.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:12 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

I still think the damper helps

it's obviously not as good as an adjustable damper, but it certainly is better then nothing.

You shouldn't put soo thick of fluid where its hard to turn, you want the damper to make riding easier, not make it harder!
Of course, being hard to turn, will make it boss for stoppies, but suck for everything else..

I don't run a gsxr damper on my sport bike, but I put one on my dirtbike, and I LOVE IT! I don't know how I ever went without one.
I haven't really experimented with fluid weights too much, right now I'm running a mixture of about 90% ATF fluid (equal to aprox 7wt fork fluid) and 10% 80w90 gear oil.

The first day out with my damper I rode half the day with it, then I took it off, and instantly noticed a huge difference. Without it on rough trails I got a lot more arm pump, I got tired soo much faster.
I want to try a slightly thicker fluid, but not too thick so it strains me more. I want to make riding easier
Old 10-23-2010, 05:15 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

gsxr damper on my 150f

I posted a guide to do it on thumper talk the offroad forum, since I've only seen this done on stunt forums. A few people have done it themselves and love it

Old 10-23-2010, 05:17 PM

Also when you have a lighter weight fluid, your damper might 'seem' useless, but I guarantee if you went from riding with it, then just took it off, yoiu'd notice it was doing something!

You don't need a ton of resistance for to be doing something! Of course, when rolling endo's, you want a lot of resistance to stop head shake, as your rolling 550+ pounds on the front wheel (bike + rider weight)
But when say coming through the twisties, or hitting a bump in the road, ANY dampening helps!
Old 10-24-2010, 06:07 PM
Soup Mafia

your f4i makes me miss that color scheme.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:06 AM

richd3000 is a decent person

I filled mine with 15w40 desiel truck oil n its way stiffer than I used to be. Not to bad to u turn tho. I like it on all the time now. Just got another ima tryn rig on my dirtbike. I will fill it with 15w40 also.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:11 PM

1up_Pablo is a decent person

yeah i just got a gsxr damper off ebay for 15 buck shipped and i agot a 03 636 i post some pic up latter on