Best forearm workout for stuntin...

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 03:37 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of
Re: Best forearm workout for stuntin...

Only problem I have is the palm of my left hand is so callused and raw that I cant hold on anymore after about 3 hours of riding.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:45 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

riding my 110 doing sitdowns always gets the forearms burning. my problem is my shoulder blade muscles. those always hurt 2 days after i ride for some reason. i dont ever really get into breathing fits tho. i cycle about 30 miles a week on a road bike give or take a 5 miles for good cardio/leg workout.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:45 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by nags
God I hate deadlifts
When starting out with light weight and working on a solid form, they're not too bad.

My weekly deadlift goes like this: 225x15 275x12 315x12 365x10 405x3

Grip is the only factor which makes deadlifting heavier weight difficult, hence why forearms get blown out! I also don't use straps, just mechanix gloves.

Girls dont like men with chicken arms anyways.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:46 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

NatBrnStunter is a decent person

Originally Posted by nags
I used to have a thing made to do exactly what you said.. It worked well.. But riding the 50 worked better than anything
F n A cotton!! Riding my 50 got my arms to look like popeye!! I miss that thing.... My girls got hers, But its all pink with a louis vuitton seat cover and ****, so I cant rock it.... LoL

-Jesse
Old 04-28-2009, 03:49 PM

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by NatBrnStunter
F n A cotton!! Riding my 50 got my arms to look like popeye!! I miss that thing.... My girls got hers, But its all pink with a louis vuitton seat cover and ****, so I cant rock it.... LoL

-Jesse
Does your girl have popeye forearms now?
Old 04-28-2009, 03:50 PM
Incredible shrinking man

blee is a decent person

Originally Posted by NatBrnStunter

-Jesse
Kane would rock it
Old 04-28-2009, 03:55 PM

Unknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
You musta been really to figure that out LOL. Hmmm - lemme drill a hole and attach a string and reel the weight in and do it 5x a week to see if my forearms get stronger for riding LMAO. J/K homie. Good ****.
You've never been to a gym have you Neal? lol
Old 04-28-2009, 03:56 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

NatBrnStunter is a decent person

Originally Posted by Armenian
Does your girl have popeye forearms now?
LoL She doesn't wheelie it... She just likes to put around on it at the spot or around the neighborhood.... So no....

-Jesse
Old 04-28-2009, 03:58 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

Heavy deadlifting will blow your forearms out exponentially, much more than a silly broomstick or any other gadget.

The main cause of forearm pump is holding your breath while riding. Learn to breathe.
.......I'ld like to see you even say.."Silly little broomstick" when the wieght is about 5 inches from the stick on your second "reel in". This workout usually brings even "deadlifters" to their knees. Don't believe me.....try it.

Sorry, bro.......I disagree.....main cause of arm pump is holding on too tight. Breathing could be second.

.....and.....this exercise is designed mostly for strength, not arm pump....allthough it builds the forearm in EVERY aspect.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:59 PM

ProEater is a decent person

my old man told me about that one too... if you dont have a weight tie a half empty paint can or whatever you can find to the string.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:01 PM

I_throw_nickels is a decent person

quad or dirtbike riding in the woods for hours
Old 04-28-2009, 04:03 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Vetter
riding my 110 doing sitdowns always gets the forearms burning. my problem is my shoulder blade muscles. those always hurt 2 days after i ride for some reason. i dont ever really get into breathing fits tho. i cycle about 30 miles a week on a road bike give or take a 5 miles for good cardio/leg workout.
Try either workin out on a rowing machine or doing chainsaws to help you with your shoulder blade muscles.....either would help a lot, I'm sure..
Old 04-28-2009, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by ProEater
my old man told me about that one too... if you dont have a weight tie a half empty paint can or whatever you can find to the string.
.....yeah, that's one of the best parts.....you can make it out of damn near ANYTHING!
Old 04-28-2009, 04:09 PM
MERK STEP UGHHHHHH

*trix* is infamous around these parts*trix* is infamous around these parts

I have to be completely honest and say my arms dont hurt me ever when I go out now, when I first started riding and I did wheelies staggard they hurt all the time but when I stopped doing staggard I was all good
Old 04-28-2009, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Righteous 1
.......I'ld like to see you even say.."Silly little broomstick" when the wieght is about 5 inches from the stick on your second "reel in". This workout usually brings even "deadlifters" to their knees. Don't believe me.....try it.
I'd love to take on that challenge only if you agree to perform my deadlift routine.

Sorry, bro.......I disagree.....main cause of arm pump is holding on too tight. Breathing could be second.
It really depends on what the rider is doing. It could be one or the other, or both.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:17 PM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

I have a neat workout that works great that I'ld like to share, and also wonderin what you guys do......

Here's mine:

Take a broomstick....cut it down to about 18 inches. Drill a hole in the middle of the stick. Cut a piece of heavy string/twine to about 20 feet. Tie one end of the twine through the hole in the broomstick, tie the other end to a 5 pound wieght.

........for this exercise to work properly, you have to focus on your form.

Extend the line out fully till you staring at the wieght at the other side of the room...........extend your arms out completely STRAIGHT in front of you.....and begin to turn the stick, which will "reel" in the wieght. When the wieght starts to lift off the ground, keep focusing on keeping your arms straight until the wieght touches the broomstick. Then extend the line again, and "reel" in the wieght by turning the stick in the OPPOSITE direction......again.....keep focusing on your form.

Do this routine once a day, 5 days a week.....and you WILL have forearms of steel!

Got any other neat techniques?
that's a good idea, i did the same thing in the gym (just with the machine) forearms killed me for a few days until i got used to it
Old 04-28-2009, 04:18 PM

My weekly deadlift goes like this: 225x15 275x12 315x12 365x10 405x3
Ummmm.......I'm gonna go ahead and be "up front"..........I don't think i could make it passed the 3rd set, bro!!
Old 04-28-2009, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by *trix*
I have to be completely honest and say my arms dont hurt me ever when I go out now, when I first started riding and I did wheelies staggard they hurt all the time but when I stopped doing staggard I was all good
I was fine myself, till I started twistin O's. While learning SS O's.....I was holding on WAY too tight and strained my right forearm...
Old 04-28-2009, 04:21 PM

.....and.....this exercise is designed mostly for strength, not arm pump....allthough it builds the forearm in EVERY aspect.
I disagree-a twisting motion, such as when you TWIST your throttle is fine, BUT that does NOT build GRIP which is much more important to riders.

Holding any static weight, especially a HEAVY weight, against gravity, in your hands with NO straps builds strength. Bottom line. You squeeze to resist the weight.

I believe riders GRIP is much more important than working on a twisting motion unless you're practicing dance moves for that one Yung Joc video "Its going down"
Old 04-28-2009, 04:32 PM

I disagree-a twisting motion, such as when you TWIST your throttle is fine, BUT that does NOT build GRIP which is much more important to riders.

Holding any static weight, especially a HEAVY weight, against gravity, in your hands with NO straps builds strength. Bottom line. You squeeze to resist the weight.

I believe riders GRIP is much more important than working on a twisting motion unless you're practicing dance moves for that one Yung Joc video "Its going down"
Wow, bro. You're pretty ignorant! You haven't tried this technique, and its obvious you're talkin out your ***! If you really think that's how it is, you couldn't be further from the truth. It's the best "gripping" exercise I've EVER seen, hands down. I'ld totally be down to do a "grip" competition w/ you, if you wanna stick to your deadlifting and I'll stick to my "silly little broomstick"!

How about this.....3 months of training........you deadlifting, and me w/ my little stick...

..........then, a hang-off. Who can hang from a pull-up bar longer. You down?.........keep in mind, I'll be holding up 235 pounds..

edit: Actually....to make it more fair....which would benefit you, we should hold a given weight on a bar as long as possible........yeah?

Last edited by Righteous 1; 04-28-2009 at 04:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Best forearm workout for stuntin...