SI round bar too short

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 12:28 AM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light
Re: SI round bar too short

Originally Posted by THORPE
Just my personal experience I guess. I'm talking about scraping with speed not bar tricks (not saying you are)

Also if you think about it, the bar kinda acts like the rudder on a plane, the farther away from the tire, the more it wants to pull the bike straight. I always jack my rear shock up on my bikes anyway for other reasons so that may have some affect to my experiences.

To sheldon:

As long as it ain't too short for you to use comfortably I'd say its a plus. Less chance of hitting it in circles plus the farther back past 12 the cooler it looks anyways
ya im not really sure

I just notice the further back, the less input it needs to steer the bike

which is why, I THINK, when I scrape my bar past 12, I fall the side easier.. compared to say hitting 11:30 on my friends 12 bar

but idk, im just guessing here lol

edit: btw definitely no bar tricks haha
Slowst i've hit my bar is maybe 15mph, usually I 'tap and go' at 30+
I need a round bar though.... I rode my frineds round bar only a few times, and within 30 minutes of practice I was scraping it at 40mph for a block++
My flat bar I've scraped MAYBE 20 foot max

Last edited by Towlieee; 04-27-2009 at 12:31 AM.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:33 AM

Dilts646 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by thorpe
as long as it ain't too short for you to use comfortably i'd say its a plus. Less chance of hitting it in circles plus the farther back past 12 the cooler it looks anyways
+1
Old 04-27-2009, 12:38 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
+1 Ive been riding with Inolen the past couple of weeks since he moved to NY. He went to France and rode with the dude who does the 130 scrapes. He said it was nuts watching that coz when he'd come back - and he came in HOTTTTT lol - that it'd look very unstable and very scary lol. But when he did land em them ***** was

Anthony is in NY now? He better be ready for the streets in July
Old 04-27-2009, 01:02 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Suicidl
Anthony is in NY now? He better be ready for the streets in July
yezzir and I already told him to get ready for the madness Moved here a few weeks back and just got his bike here last week. Dude is a motherfuckin murderer
Old 04-27-2009, 02:53 AM
Squid Standers. Get Owned

CRA$H AZ is a decent person

+1 Inolen kills footbrake circles.

Anyways back to the subject. I wont run a round bar cuz i think they're too long....my SI flat bar is about an inch off the subframe. I don't like hitting my bar cuz most of the time when i do, i wreck, so i wanted to keep it short.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:00 AM
SEAT SPREADER COMBOS

burnoutnut has a spectacular aura aboutburnoutnut has a spectacular aura aboutburnoutnut has a spectacular aura about

round bars are long on the f4is because the tail is massive and ugly but on the 636 its perfect

round bars are designed to keep the stock look so thats why they tend to be the length of the tail
Old 04-27-2009, 03:03 AM
Squid Standers. Get Owned

CRA$H AZ is a decent person

Originally Posted by burnoutnut
round bars are long on the f4is because the tail is massive and ugly but on the 636 its perfect

round bars are designed to keep the stock look so thats why they tend to be the length of the tail

good point they don't seem to be as long on 63's

Oh and 63's are uglier than f4i's....FF or SF.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:08 AM
SEAT SPREADER COMBOS

burnoutnut has a spectacular aura aboutburnoutnut has a spectacular aura aboutburnoutnut has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by CRA$H AZ

its not so bad when you are on the bike doing wheelies coz you dont have to see the ugly thing
Old 04-27-2009, 03:15 AM
Custom User Title

Sheldon is a decent person

Originally Posted by THORPE
To sheldon:

As long as it ain't too short for you to use comfortably I'd say its a plus. Less chance of hitting it in circles plus the farther back past 12 the cooler it looks anyways

for sure. i wass just curious tho if they actually made round bars shorter for a reason. a couple guys said that ALL round bars were made shorter than flat bars. i just wanted to know if that was the case or if i just got some defected part. when i put it on i didnt think to check if it was lined up or anything and it threw me off the first time i used it. its tight tho im not hatin on SI i kinda like the change and still like the products
Old 04-27-2009, 03:18 AM
SEAT SPREADER COMBOS

Originally Posted by Sheldon
for sure. i wass just curious tho if they actually made round bars shorter for a reason. a couple guys said that ALL round bars were made shorter than flat bars. i just wanted to know if that was the case or if i just got some defected part. when i put it on i didnt think to check if it was lined up or anything and it threw me off the first time i used it. its tight tho im not hatin on SI i kinda like the change and still like the products

all depends on the length of the stock tail. they are designed to be just a smidge longer that the standard tail
Old 04-27-2009, 07:20 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by CRA$H AZ

Old 04-27-2009, 08:32 AM

B0arder606 is an unknown quantity at this point

You got it twisted. 1030 would mean the bar is too long and 130 would mean the bar is really short. When youre riding on 2 wheels your at 9. 12 is straight up and down. Past 12 would be 1+.

So a lefty made this configuration? because a right handed person would think riding straight is going left to right so thats 3oclock. then you go countercl0ckiwise when you wheelie to 12 or farther back so 1030. But i see what your saying if the guy is riding right to left then its 130 haha which is what a left would say
Old 04-27-2009, 09:34 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by B0arder606
So a lefty made this configuration? because a right handed person would think riding straight is going left to right so thats 3oclock. then you go countercl0ckiwise when you wheelie to 12 or farther back so 1030. But i see what your saying if the guy is riding right to left then its 130 haha which is what a left would say
I think most people say that 12 is 12 and past 12 is 1, etc. Going in the normal direction of a clock and not taking into account who's lefty and who's righty Before 12 is 11 - past 12 is 1. Makes sense to me.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:43 AM
†★ King of brake lines ★†

Juca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant future

I think most people say that 12 is 12 and past 12 is 1, etc. Going in the normal direction of a clock and not taking into account who's lefty and who's righty Before 12 is 11 - past 12 is 1. Makes sense to me.
+1 Neal.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:52 AM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by Juca
+1 Neal.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:07 AM
scrape it son!

tigroo is a decent person

+1 Ive been riding with Inolen the past couple of weeks since he moved to NY. He went to France and rode with the dude who does the 130 scrapes. He said it was nuts watching that coz when he'd come back - and he came in HOTTTTT lol - that it'd look very unstable and very scary lol. But when he did land em them ***** was

isn't that even past 130?

even tho i can witness em everyweekend, **** is still splittin my wig
Old 04-27-2009, 10:11 AM
†★ King of brake lines ★†

Juca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by tigroo

is there any video of that sick scrape*?
Old 04-27-2009, 10:19 AM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by tigroo

130 - past 130 - whatever lol - that **** is nuts Id love to see that **** in person Has he ever wiped out doing those

Last edited by OnEWhEeLNEAL; 04-27-2009 at 10:22 AM.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:20 AM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by Juca
is there any video of that sick scrape*?
Yezzir

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-Y6N-r5Phc&feature=channel_page[/YOUTUBE]

Old 04-27-2009, 10:40 AM

blue05 is a decent person

shoulder blades are gonna hit on that last one lol

Quick Reply: SI round bar too short