Pit Bikes Banned?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 01:57 PM

GAMstunts is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Pit Bikes Banned?!?!?

double post

Last edited by GAMstunts; 04-24-2009 at 02:08 PM. Reason: double post
Old 04-24-2009, 01:57 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by GAMstunts
That is the problem with you libs , they think the gov is responsible for doing everything for them and protecting them from everything. Let me give you a little low down, the gov does not give a **** about you or your kids, they gotta look good and do what gets them reelected so they can make $$$$$ It is such a joke do you know the lead is only in the brakepads and in the crankase, alll closed parts! Do you really need this much protection, maybe you should get out of stuntriding.

go collect your welfare check, you 80's baby, your prob used to your mom and dad doin everything for you and holdin your hand thru life just terrified of havin to actually do someting on your own. Or god forbid make a desision about your safety.
You got sources for that?

I've heard from multiple people that the lead is in damn near EVERYTHING.. The ALLOY used to make the frames, the brake levers, the wheels, the handlebars.. And it's used in the PAINT to paint all them parts..

Your the first person I've heard say it's only in the closed parts
Old 04-24-2009, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by T/C
Im just siting at work talking also.. no hard feelings
I wasnt pissed till the black thing, I cant believe you think that way coming from texas. No wonder we got a dem congress and prez.

I wanted Condi Rice to run if you wanna know the truth, then we could have exneyed the black and female glass ceiling/descirminatin B/s at the same time
Old 04-24-2009, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Towlieee

I've heard from multiple people that the lead is in damn near EVERYTHING.. The ALLOY used to make the frames, the brake levers, the wheels, the handlebars.. And it's used in the PAINT to paint all them parts..

It was on FOX news, if your not a conservative you prob dont watch that channell. They also had a dealer that had 60 of them in stock with no way of getting rid of them. Lead is in damn near everything, not just 50's, but not concentrated enough to hurt you. I am also relying on media scientists and resources, which you may know arent the most reliable. If I can find a link I will post it.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:07 PM

I will check on this thread later, i really gotta go those wild fires are gettin closer to my house again and I gotta see whats up.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:09 PM

Knoxvillan is a decent person

Originally Posted by gamstunts
im on the "kiss *** til you get to the top" stage

and you do still have the freedom, as of right now
Old 04-24-2009, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by towlieee
you got sources for that?

I've heard from multiple people that the lead is in damn near everything.. The alloy used to make the frames, the brake levers, the wheels, the handlebars.. And it's used in the paint to paint all them parts..

Your the first person i've heard say it's only in the closed parts
+1
Old 04-24-2009, 02:28 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

It was on FOX news, if your not a conservative you prob dont watch that channell. They also had a dealer that had 60 of them in stock with no way of getting rid of them. Lead is in damn near everything, not just 50's, but not concentrated enough to hurt you. I am also relying on media scientists and resources, which you may know arent the most reliable. If I can find a link I will post it.
lol I'm not a conservative or a liberal, I'm the guy on the outside laughing at both groups pointing fingers at eachother.

I was just pretty sure that like 90% of the bike has too much lead for this bill

Don't get me wrong, I think its retarded. But it has its good points.. There shouldn't be any toys in the toy isle at walmart that contain too much lead..

But motorcycles should automatically NOT count... They aren't "Toys".. Hell if they are worried about lead, they should also put a ban on oil, or gasoline being used in toys.. Because any kid thats dumb enough to eat paint chips off his bike, is certainly dumb enough to drink the oil out of his bike

Just when I first heard it posted up, I said "why can't they just re-paint all the bikes and be done with it" but then someone said it's IN the metal of the frame and stuff, so it would take redesigning the entire bike
But I'm not sure
Old 04-24-2009, 03:08 PM

scandelous81 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Towlieee

Right, all metals used on a bike contains a low percentage of lead, but the total percentage can't be over a certain level.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:16 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

NatBrnStunter is a decent person

Damn, This thread went in a direction I didn't expect.... I can't really put my .02 in because I know NOTHING about the government or politics at all..... I stay away from it.... I figure Im to dumb to ever be in politics, so there's no point following it or stressing out about it because nothing I ever do is going to change the way the world/government is.... Im just a "stand byer" LoL

And I just want the children to have there 50's!!! LoL And I wanna buy parts for my girls and I's bikes too :-/
-Jesse
Old 04-24-2009, 03:20 PM
T/C
Squid...

T/C has a spectacular aura aboutT/C has a spectacular aura about

I wasnt pissed till the black thing, I cant believe you think that way coming from texas. No wonder we got a dem congress and prez.

I wanted Condi Rice to run if you wanna know the truth, then we could have exneyed the black and female glass ceiling/descirminatin B/s at the same time
I called him black... Did not say you did if you thought i was saying you did... And he is black i will call him what he is (Yes i know he is only 1/2 but still) People call me white cause i am. If you are black sorry if i pissed you off was not trying too.. Second My parants dont pay for **** im 20 years old am a manager of the steel company i work for and just got my first house i am about to move in to and have a paid off truck 2 trailors paid cash for all my bikes... Im not doing bad by my standards... 3rd..opinion. I AM NOT A LIB ! I am just trying to give a unbiased opinion. Anyways im not trying to be a dick and was not trying to **** you off i am just at work and its slow so..
Old 04-24-2009, 03:33 PM

I stand corredted, SOME of the parts are outside. I only caught part of it and was given poor info. you could say the same thing and ban cars too because kids ride in them.

What components contain the lead?
"Motorcycle and ATV components containing lead Include Lead battery terminals, tire valve stems, fittings and connectors made with brass or copper alloys, brake and clutch levers, throttle controls, engine housings, carburetors made with aluminum alloys, steel fasteners, and frames or structural components made with steel alloys."

Last edited by GAMstunts; 04-24-2009 at 03:34 PM. Reason: bc
Old 04-24-2009, 03:36 PM

I stand corredted, SOME of the parts are outside. I only caught part of it and was given poor info. you could say the same thing and ban cars too because kids ride in them.

"Motorcycle and ATV components containing lead Include Lead battery terminals, tire valve stems, fittings and connectors made with brass or copper alloys, brake and clutch levers, throttle controls, engine housings, carburetors made with aluminum alloys, steel fasteners, and frames or structural components made with steel alloys."
So pretty much the whole bike....

-Jesse
Old 04-24-2009, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by NatBrnStunter
Damn, This thread went in a direction I didn't expect.... I can't really put my .02 in because I know NOTHING about the government or politics at all..... I stay away from it.... I figure Im to dumb to ever be in politics, so there's no point following it or stressing out about it because nothing I ever do is going to change the way the world/government is.... Im just a "stand byer" LoL

And I just want the children to have there 50's!!! LoL And I wanna buy parts for my girls and I's bikes too :-/
-Jesse
No disrespect but being a "stand byer" will never get the children anything back, or your voice heard. I wish I could just stay away from it but the older I get the more I realize I gotta speak out or the idiots will get whatever they want and I will get nothing I want.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:38 PM

but kids arent buying cars, nor are parents buying cars solely for their kids to enjoy... the issue was that they are marketed solely for kids as "toys"<--- (skeptical word usage in my opinion.) but Obama isnt kicking in doors and taking 50's
Old 04-24-2009, 03:40 PM

So pretty much the whole bike....

-Jesse
unfortunately its lookin that way, some of the parts only have small percentages in them, some more than others
Old 04-24-2009, 03:42 PM

No disrespect but being a "stand byer" will never get the children anything back, or your voice heard. I wish I could just stay away from it but the older I get the more I realize I gotta speak out or the idiots will get whatever they want and I will get nothing I want.
So tell me one thing..... What has changed because you "spoke out"? What big change was made just because of you?

That sounds kinda rude but I promise Im not coming at you in a rude way.. Just curious...

-Jesse
Old 04-24-2009, 03:43 PM

So tell me one thing..... What has changed because you "spoke out"? What big change was made just because of you?

That sounds kinda rude but I promise Im not coming at you in a rude way.. Just curious...

-Jesse
and what if everyone had your outlook??? what would happen? how would anything ever be decided? just saying...no disrespect
Old 04-24-2009, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Knoxvillan
but kids arent buying cars, nor are parents buying cars solely for their kids to enjoy... the issue was that they are marketed solely for kids as "toys"<--- (skeptical word usage in my opinion.) but Obama isnt kicking in doors and taking 50's
but kids ride in, and spend a lot of time in cars (I assume more than on bikes) And they are not marketed soley for kids because I own one, and there are adult pitbike races and magazines.

I also never said huesienn obama did anything, he dont have that much power, its the democratic congress AND him collectively. Hes not literally coming to your house and taking them, but if you cannot buy new parts your 50 isnt going to b running very long. Cant stop very well if you dont have anywhere to get brakes. Its like havin a car but no gas, peanut butter and no jelly, a fat girl with small ****. Aboslutely useless.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:49 PM
takingitbacktotheoldskool

RROCCO will become famous soon enoughRROCCO will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Knoxvillan
and what if everyone had your outlook??? what would happen? how would anything ever be decided? just saying...no disrespect

thats what keeps the charade going. nothing would change though. alot more people voted this election and its gonna cost us about a trillion dollars.

Quick Reply: Pit Bikes Banned?!?!?