929 electrical issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 11:13 PM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice
929 electrical issue

My buddies 929 is having some issues. The bike runs perfect but the signals dont work, no high or low beams, the guage cluster works but doesnt light up. The regulator is getting really hot, is the regulator bad? is it the source of the problem?
Old 04-23-2009, 12:27 AM

zxonone is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 929 electrical issue

probably dude its a common problem, put a voltmeter on the bike and see what kinda volts its putting out.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:33 AM
Back to North Carolina...

weirdsteve is a decent person

the 929 and its damn electrical problems. I rode one fo 4 years and in that time i went through 2 stators a rectifier, 2 batteries and countless fuses. even the plug where the rectifier meets the stator burned out....completely melted. i've never seen it b/f and never since. I've owned about 13 bikes and never had electrical probs like i did with that thing.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:41 AM
9 o clock boy

zoniebutt is a decent person

thats crazy my boys 929 just got stolen about 2 weeks ago and it had the same problem... i hope u dident just buy a red n black 29!
Old 04-23-2009, 09:49 AM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice

Originally Posted by weirdsteve
the 929 and its damn electrical problems. I rode one fo 4 years and in that time i went through 2 stators a rectifier, 2 batteries and countless fuses. even the plug where the rectifier meets the stator burned out....completely melted. i've never seen it b/f and never since. I've owned about 13 bikes and never had electrical probs like i did with that thing.

well whats the problem with this thing????? my initial guess was the regulator/rectifier. all the people I have known with 929's, they have never had any issues, yours must have been a lemon or you had all kinds or homosexual squidlyness on it like neons and Christmas lights..... seen a ton of bikes go through electrical parts because of that ****....LEAVE IT STOCK! My buddy said that the regulator is so hot its burning his hand. When I bought my 98 900RR from my buddy after he crashed it there was an electrical problem I couldn't hunt down, replaced every part once, and tried 4 different CDI's.... still couldnt get spark. Thankfully my buddy had a DYNA2000 ignition that wasnt timed properly on his bike and he thought it was junk and sold it to me for a hot $40.... I soldered some new wires to the ignition rotor plate, had my buddy install it that has experience with DYNA systems and the bike ran like a virgin ***** that was raped in the ***! anyhoo....... almost all of the stock wiring harness's that I ordered off ebay had burnt connectors for the regulator and sometimes had burned regulators, so there is obviously a design flaw with the hondas.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:51 AM

no neons just a standard issue stuntbike...i doubt its the rectifier. somethings fucked with the wiring harness up front im sure. if it was the rectifier you'd have the battery being drained all the time.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by weirdsteve
no neons just a standard issue stuntbike...i doubt its the rectifier. somethings fucked with the wiring harness up front im sure. if it was the rectifier you'd have the battery being drained all the time.

the bike was fine all last year...... he went to start it yesterday for the first time this season and nothing would light up..... I told him that it might be the regulator and when he checked it he said it was blazing hot.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by YSRRider
the bike was fine all last year...... he went to start it yesterday for the first time this season and nothing would light up..... I told him that it might be the regulator and when he checked it he said it was blazing hot.
they normally run hot though.