SI steel subframe for 05 636

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 01:07 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of
Re: SI steel subframe for 05 636

my sub always comes loose If i break it, I will throw a rage fit!!!!!!!!
Old 05-30-2009, 01:09 PM
MERK STEP UGHHHHHH

*trix* is infamous around these parts*trix* is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
my sub always comes loose If i break it, I will throw a rage fit!!!!!!!!
word , I'm going to put an aftermarket slipon on it cause I think thats contributing to the issues of it breaking in a sense. On top of that I am gonna figure something out with crazy reinforcement but I wanna see the atown round bar with subframe support
Old 05-30-2009, 01:12 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

I will never run a aftermarket exhaust. It looses alot of bottom end. I hear ya though, the stock slip-on is like 100lbs.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:15 PM
MERK STEP UGHHHHHH

yeah its like 12 pounds and the yosh slip on is ******* a pound and a half and the thing is with the subframe the yosh isnt held in entirely by my subframe so it has some play room so if I hit it then it will flop around rather then taking the hit on the subframe. but I think I will be fine with my low end cause I have a 60 tooth, if it starts to bog after I change out the exhaust I'll make a restrictor on it
Old 05-30-2009, 01:26 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

The only reason I wanna do a slip on is I would like to cut my tail down to the back seat. Pipe hits so easy on these
Old 05-30-2009, 01:32 PM
MERK STEP UGHHHHHH

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
The only reason I wanna do a slip on is I would like to cut my tail down to the back seat. Pipe hits so easy on these
yeah anytime I come in real hot into a circle I hit the corners of the exhaust but I also made a homemade scrape bar that worked like magic, I made a little bar around the stock exhaust with the 2 bolt holes around the exhaust but no more stock exhaust
Old 05-30-2009, 05:30 PM
I JUST WANNA RIDE

BOYD is a decent person

Originally Posted by *trix*
YOU HAVE ANY PICS!? I want this asap I need some sort of ******* bracing on my bike
this doesnt work well Name:  DSC_1129.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  104.4 KB
Old 05-30-2009, 09:53 PM
www.EndlessMoto.com

EndlessMoto is a decent person

Originally Posted by *trix*
YOU HAVE ANY PICS!? I want this asap I need some sort of ******* bracing on my bike
I don't have any pics close-up; ATown actually has my bike right now and is making a jig for the braced round bar. I'm supposed to get it back next week so then I can snap some better pics.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:57 PM

ABQSLOBRA is a decent person

I put an SI steel subframe on my 05 636 before I ever hit the bar (stock subframe got bent in a non-stunting wreck so I had to replace it anyway). Here's a bunch of pics of it. I'm still learning and have smashed the bar many times since and sent the bike flying, subframe still straight, no breaks, cracks, nothing. Installation was a tight fit, I ended up having to use a ratcheting tie-down strap on the last frame bolt to get it to line up, but it worked out.

Old 05-30-2009, 11:32 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

Question....The subframe on the SI website looks different than yours-it has an 'X' brace on the rear part of the sub where the bar mounts. Your subframe has a plate....is that a new design? Old design? Custom?
Old 05-30-2009, 11:37 PM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice

Originally Posted by EndlessMoto
I've got the A-Town round bar with the bracing and I don't think I will have any subframe issues.....it's braced very well to the strong part of the subframe.

I was just looking at your pile in ATOWN's garage an hour ago....... That subcage is definately one of the nicest I have seen, and the powder coating looks sick!!!!!!!! You need some color on it, why didnt you have that crap done up in red?
Old 05-31-2009, 12:23 AM
myspace.com/atowncustoms

slidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really nice

Originally Posted by YSRRider
I was just looking at your pile in ATOWN's garage an hour ago....... That subcage is definately one of the nicest I have seen, and the powder coating looks sick!!!!!!!! You need some color on it, why didnt you have that crap done up in red?
I want A-TOWN to make me a subframe damn it... he said the set-up looked sick
Old 05-31-2009, 12:36 AM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice

Originally Posted by slidewayz89

subframe or sub-cage? do the 05's need subframes????? are they cast garbage like the gsxr's and R6's?

his sub-cage is wicked.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:40 AM
myspace.com/atowncustoms

slidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really nice

Yea mine is **** and i dont want a sick but yea i want a subcage and combo.
Old 05-31-2009, 01:18 AM

Yea mine is **** and i dont want a sick but yea i want a subcage and combo.
be patient, ATOWN will get your stuff scheduled.
Old 05-31-2009, 02:10 AM

Cincykillz is a decent person

**** spending that much money on a subframe you could take it to a local welder tell him how you want it braced and i bet he can do it for less than 100$ the subframes are strong the only thing that is weak is the end cast piece for the rear seat. i just scraped stock pipe for a whole summer and never broke a subframe but you kinda learn to be gentle with scraping just my .02
Old 06-01-2009, 12:59 PM
www.EndlessMoto.com

EndlessMoto is a decent person

LOL, I thought about colored powdercoating, but don't know what color the actual bike will be yet when it gets painted.

I think the R6 subframe will be his only subframe for awhile since so much time goes into design and he is busy right now.

subframe or sub-cage? do the 05's need subframes????? are they cast garbage like the gsxr's and R6's?

his sub-cage is wicked.
The 05-06 subframe is part garbage.....the rear section is cast and snaps pretty easily just like the R6 subframes.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:34 PM
it is what it is

serious is an unknown quantity at this point

i bought a 2005 and have a 2006 sub frame and I noticed there are two extra braces welded to the 2006 sub on either side of the frame just below the seat latch. I snapped a 2005 sub exactly where those braces were supposed to be. the two sub frames are not exactly alike. so far I have had no issues with the 2006 sub frame. ..$400 for a subframe is too expensive for me right now.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:19 PM
MERK STEP UGHHHHHH

Originally Posted by serious
i bought a 2005 and have a 2006 sub frame and I noticed there are two extra braces welded to the 2006 sub on either side of the frame just below the seat latch. I snapped a 2005 sub exactly where those braces were supposed to be. the two sub frames are not exactly alike. so far I have had no issues with the 2006 sub frame. ..$400 for a subframe is too expensive for me right now.
orly? the one I just orderd was from an 06 we will see if theres a dif, it should be here tomorrow
Old 06-01-2009, 03:30 PM
it is what it is

serious is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, I think kawasaki figured the sub needed reinforcing. Glad to hear you got the 2006 subframe trix.

Quick Reply: SI steel subframe for 05 636