f4i tail light help

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 01:13 PM

booya is an unknown quantity at this point
f4i tail light help

im assuming the black wire attaching to the taillights is the ground? im having a hard time installing a new tail light, tail light has one red one black wire coming out. and says the metal backing is the ground. i attached both green wires from the bike to the 2 from the light and it dont get brighter when i press the brake. should i try attaching the black wire from the bike to one from the lights? or would that just blow a fuse
Old 04-21-2009, 01:27 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: f4i tail light help

F4i

Green - Ground
Green/Yellow - Brake
Black/Brown - Running lights

Id assume black on the light is ground. Try different combinations with the other 2 wires and have some extra fuses on hand
Old 04-21-2009, 01:41 PM
Incredible shrinking man

blee is a decent person

Not positive, but I think you need a 3 wire taillight,I got a taillight from the autoparts store and mine has 3 wires that come out of it(red,blk,white)the white grounded to frame,and red and blk I tapped to one of the stock connectors.Works perfectly.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:47 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

If you got a 2 wire tail light hit up havok. he ran into similar issues i think.

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/444...ake-light.html
Old 04-22-2009, 01:57 AM

booya is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the help onewheelneal . i just figured the black was the ground for the f4i. got it all figured out now
Old 04-22-2009, 02:01 AM
Stunt Lifes Biggest Hater

Cworley is a decent person

i have this same issue........ on a 3 wire.... mines blue black and yellow on the led light...... i can't get the damn thing to work!

Mine won't light up when i hit the rear brake (only brake wire thats hooked up)