Need Help with Suspension Setup of '05-'06 636

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 01:20 AM
www.EndlessMoto.com

EndlessMoto is a decent person
Need Help with Suspension Setup of '05-'06 636

How is everyone setting up their suspensions on these things? How hard are you setting the fronts and rear? I know some guys turn everything to the hardest setting, but I'm curious to see if this will really affect the feel of the bike.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:26 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold
Re: Need Help with Suspension Setup of '05-'06 636

I always tighten the spring up a little in the rear on every bike then just get mitch adams or someone to set the front up
Old 04-21-2009, 01:28 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i add a little extra fluid to the 05 06 forks so they dont bottom out so easy and i run the compression and damper settings to about 90% hard with the sping preload at about 50% then i tighten the rear spring to no sag with both settings on full hard ..

make a big difference if you ask me
Old 04-21-2009, 01:43 AM
www.EndlessMoto.com

EndlessMoto is a decent person

Originally Posted by Suicidl
I always tighten the spring up a little in the rear on every bike then just get mitch adams or someone to set the front up
That's kind of what I've been hearing, thanks *****. I don't really know of anyone local that can set the front up unfortunately....

Originally Posted by old man roger
i add a little extra fluid to the 05 06 forks so they dont bottom out so easy and i run the compression and damper settings to about 90% hard with the sping preload at about 50% then i tighten the rear spring to no sag with both settings on full hard ..

Thanks Roger! I'll try that.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:54 AM
myspace.com/dustindstunts

secret weapon will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by old man roger

good setup! what type of fork fluid?and how much extra?
Old 04-21-2009, 05:11 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by secret weapon
good setup! what type of fork fluid?and how much extra?
what ever ya got , i used 20wt cause pete left some here from when we did his damper and i would have to go look at the syringe to tell you exactly how much but it was about a half a small dixie cup per side ..

it just makes the air chamber in the fork a little smaller so you get the same affect as a stiffer spring with out the increase in rebound but it's not enough to really effect the wt of the fluid
Old 06-17-2009, 11:29 AM

SmokechecK is a decent person

I think a How-To tear apart forks thread with pics would be awesome. And put them back together. Haha
Old 06-17-2009, 03:31 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

tighten the top screws all the way and back em off a touch.....money in the bank, i've done the same with 05's that i've ridden overseas.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:05 AM

Big Float is a decent person

good stuff in here
Old 06-18-2009, 01:22 AM

krazykyle85 is a decent person

its not recomended to use anything above 5wt. high viscosity oils break down more and are inconsitant with the heat of constant abuse or time.

i have my suspension revalved by RG3 suspension. they change the valving so that i still run 5wt but have proper valving to keep my suspension were i want it. it helped front an rear. made a huge diffrence. any questions just ask or go to there site and hit up heath or any of the other guys over there. there good people!

WWW.RG3SUSPENSION.COM
Old 06-18-2009, 01:59 AM
www.GRAMX.com

Sicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to beholdSicc0 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by SmokechecK
I think a How-To tear apart forks thread with pics would be awesome. And put them back together. Haha
+1 def, someone should do that im curious
Old 06-18-2009, 04:41 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by krazykyle85
its not recomended to use anything above 5wt. high viscosity oils break down more and are inconsitant with the heat of constant abuse or time.

i have my suspension revalved by RG3 suspension. they change the valving so that i still run 5wt but have proper valving to keep my suspension were i want it. it helped front an rear. made a huge diffrence. any questions just ask or go to there site and hit up heath or any of the other guys over there. there good people!

WWW.RG3SUSPENSION.COM
i only added a little of the thicker oil to make the air chamber smaller but to be honest i would rather change my fork oil once in a while , compared to the price of getting my forks re valved to get the same effect but im cheap