636, wrapped headers and did valves...

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 08:06 PM

richd3000 is a decent person
636, wrapped headers and did valves...

i wrapped my headers while i was down doing the valve adjustment and now its back to geather and im noticing its a little weak off idle. i have a two brothers racing slip carbon fiber slip on exhaust (they dont make a full system for my year) and a k&n filter. i used to use the two brothers map that came with the pc3 and used to run flawless. i know the timing is right and the valves are adjusted perfect. i cleaned the throtle bodies and injectors while down too. Should i get my throtle bodies sinked or load another map? i looked at the other maps on the pc3 disk and all the diff full system exhaust maps are so diff what should i try? should wrapping the headers make me want it leaner or more rich? it runs very well when above idle, just weak at idle and right off idle. makes me stall out every now and then when taking off from dead stop. the rpms drop almost to 500rpm when i let the clutch out. HELP!!!
Old 04-19-2009, 08:47 PM

SP MEGA is a decent person
Re: 636, wrapped headers and did valves...

im probably wrong but maybe adjust your idle up? but yeah try loading a map with full exhaust... it couldnt hurt you any...

sorry i couldnt help more... im sure one of these other guys can
Old 04-19-2009, 08:50 PM

lee majors is an unknown quantity at this point

get rid of the pc all together.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:34 PM

why would i get rid of the pc3? **** it was running lean with just a slip on and filter... could imagine what it would be with the wrapped headers! it dont have a o2 sensor or map maf sensor.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:39 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

because no matter what map you download it will run like ****. those power commanders only work if you get a map custom made and have the bike dyno tuned. and even then you only gain a couple horsepower if your lucky. so essentially it is a signal beaconing squidly device made for fishing ships catching giant squids in the atlantic ocean!
Old 04-20-2009, 04:47 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Danger_Dave
because no matter what map you download it will run like ****. those power commanders only work if you get a map custom made and have the bike dyno tuned. and even then you only gain a couple horsepower if your lucky. so essentially it is a signal beaconing squidly device made for fishing ships catching giant squids in the atlantic ocean!
+1

PC's are for TUNING

not downloading a map that worked with someone elses bike!

Originally Posted by richd3000
makes me stall out every now and then when taking off from dead stop. the rpms drop almost to 500rpm when i let the clutch out. HELP!!!

If I let my clutch out without throttling my bike DIES.. Gotta give it some gas when you let the clutch out
Old 04-20-2009, 04:48 PM

A-Boy"RDLC" is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Danger_Dave
Exactly
Old 04-21-2009, 09:37 PM

thats crazy, cus i heard all that before and when i got the pc3 it made my bike pull from idle on up really strong. now i ceramic coated and wrapped the header and it feels weak and choppy right off idle. the mid and top still scream like before. the bike is running a lil hotter than it did before too... its gotta be running lean now. i just am to cheap to come off of 250 for the custom tune... ha ha ha guess i gotta sell something or take that f..n wrap back off. with the two bro pipe and kn filter and pc3 with their generic map for that exhaust it ran like a champ. i just got greedy and wanted more. could something in the throtle body (maybe a sensor) cause it to be weak off idle and still run strong up top? i cleaned it really good with sea foam spray and a clean lint free rag and compressed air. even took off the fuel rail and each injector and cleaned them all inside and out. this is killing me! i shoulda just left it alone to begine with...
Old 04-21-2009, 09:42 PM

called dyno jet today and told him about my set up and he said that i should try another map for a full system untill it feels good to me... he suggested the "arata full system map" for my wrapped headers. ill give it a shot tomarrow. if im not happy ill try the akra or another full system map untill i am. itll be a while before i have 250 for the custom tune... hope arata works!