UnderCutting BULLSHIT !!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 01:07 PM
ANGER MANAGEMENT 4 Life

6000K is a decent person
Re: UnderCutting BULLSHIT !!

Yea we have people like that in Atlanta except they will do it for chicken wings and beer ... and they want it before the show. Wasted and you know who the **** you are.
Old 04-18-2009, 04:32 PM

SCOTT_Chychul has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Originally Posted by G-Rock
1000 seems fair for a team...

i know fmx dudes get paid 750cnd, each, as fillers...

1000-1500 each, if they can flip...

500-1000 for stuntriding team show seems to be a decent price, it depends on the size of the venue as well though...

if tickets are like you said 20-25 a person, and the venue holds 10,000 people... 1000 bux a show is decent... in a smaller venue.. say max of 2,000 - 4,000 people... 500 bux a team seems reasonable to me, for about 10-15 minutes of work..

this is based on aprrox 3 riders though..

thats just my opinion, anyone care to agree or disagaree???
1000 dollars out of $350,000 for an average of $35 a ticket for 10,000 people works out to 0.2 % So your happy with throwing your ***** on the line daily, wrecking yourself and your bike constantly inorder to please these crowds for not even a half of a half of one percent ? Even though your out there for 20 minutes thats surely more then a half of a percent of the entire shows lenth. Its not the 10 minutes of work you do, its how much work you did to be at the level. Drag cars only ride for 8 seconds does that mean they should get paid 40 bucks ? Nascar brings out the most money in all the sports there is and the ***** boring as **** to watch but they make so much money because people like to see crashes and its not possible to undercut a race, you have to win the ****. If we had stunt races we'd all be rich. I guess Teach hit the nail on the head as well. You get what you pay for and there is sooo much supply of B level stunters that the **** go for much cheaper then we all could be making. End of rant for now.
Old 04-18-2009, 04:55 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

Originally Posted by SCOTT_Chychul
Too bad health care in Canada is Free, and crowds just love the christ stands. Im soo fucked,, i guess ill have to go back to ridin for fun.
i've heard about the free health care in canada, i wish america had a better system as it's really ******* me at the moment, i have to go the doc too much to not have health insurance which is why i started working again
Old 04-18-2009, 04:57 PM

rippa is an unknown quantity at this point

I definately agree that it sucks, and it is holding back the sport, but...

The people hiring you don't feel that it is their job to research what they are getting, and what they could be getting skill wise/proffesion wise. They understand that these "stunters" will entertain a crowd of people, and that's it. I mean to a non-stunter, how hard do they think it is to do a circle? They don't understand how it all works, nor the hard work to get to the point you are at. Plus a good stunter makes the **** look easy, and then it will entertain average Joe even less. So the promoters or whoever just hire the cheapest people.

I don't agree with them doing that, but you have 2 choices in my opinion; educate them (show them a promo vid of you and one of CC or whoever is trying to steal your show) you have to convince them that you are the most entertaining. Or, do the shows for the cheapest, and slowly raise your rates. Then once you raise your rates and get undercutted again, hopefully the crowd will be pissed at the shitty show (from the cheap guys) and the promoter will get the idea that he gets what he pays for.

I definately wish you good luck in making good money off of this, but I have to add it might still be a little early to make good money as the vast majority of people have no idea about stunting. Either way good luck, and don't forget to have fun riding, paid or not.
Old 04-18-2009, 04:59 PM

Artiom can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by br denis
lol they're the canadian lvx

sick promo video too! that camera man has shakes on lock video doesnt even need edit
Really?they have fully rapped bus and ferarri?shut your mouth.
Old 04-18-2009, 05:20 PM
TEAM KELM MOTHAFUUCKA***S

br denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Artiom
Really?they have fully rapped bus and ferarri?shut your mouth.
talkin about the riding russian
Old 04-18-2009, 05:26 PM

talkin about the riding russian
this thread isn't about riding. it's about Undercutting.seem my english a lot better than yours if u can't read
Old 04-18-2009, 05:50 PM
TEAM KELM MOTHAFUUCKA***S

br denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Artiom
this thread isn't about riding. it's about Undercutting.seem my english a lot better than yours if u can't read
well it kinda involves riding too
Old 04-18-2009, 05:56 PM

well it kinda involves riding too
not really.as long as u can do a christ and burnout people will like the show
Old 04-18-2009, 06:00 PM
Hate Hate Hate!

T-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really nice

its the same everywhere you go...we have ******* all over doing **** for basically free...100 bucks, 200 bucks, some food...thats ****** stupid. we have em right here in orlando, and surrounding cities and counties, down south...dudes doing shows for peanuts, completely kills it for everyone. If your not riding for 500+ PER PERSON PER DAY at a minimum, stand the **** down and let professionals do the work...and keep your *** in the parking lot where you belong. your only cheating yourself, and ruining it for everyone else.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Ryan S
i've heard about the free health care in canada, i wish america had a better system as it's really ******* me at the moment, i have to go the doc too much to not have health insurance which is why i started working again
Man for the **** you went through i'd almost marry a Canadian girl.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by rippa
I definately agree that it sucks, and it is holding back the sport, but...

The people hiring you don't feel that it is their job to research what they are getting, and what they could be getting skill wise/proffesion wise. They understand that these "stunters" will entertain a crowd of people, and that's it. I mean to a non-stunter, how hard do they think it is to do a circle? They don't understand how it all works, nor the hard work to get to the point you are at. Plus a good stunter makes the **** look easy, and then it will entertain average Joe even less. So the promoters or whoever just hire the cheapest people.

I don't agree with them doing that, but you have 2 choices in my opinion; educate them (show them a promo vid of you and one of CC or whoever is trying to steal your show) you have to convince them that you are the most entertaining. Or, do the shows for the cheapest, and slowly raise your rates. Then once you raise your rates and get undercutted again, hopefully the crowd will be pissed at the shitty show (from the cheap guys) and the promoter will get the idea that he gets what he pays for.

I definately wish you good luck in making good money off of this, but I have to add it might still be a little early to make good money as the vast majority of people have no idea about stunting. Either way good luck, and don't forget to have fun riding, paid or not.
You can only make good money when there are not alot of people that do it. Once everyone and their sister can do it **** becomes dime a dozen.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:04 PM

Nick Apex is a decent person

Originally Posted by G-Rock
1000 seems fair for a team...

i know fmx dudes get paid 750cnd, each, as fillers...

1000-1500 each, if they can flip...

500-1000 for stuntriding team show seems to be a decent price, it depends on the size of the venue as well though...

if tickets are like you said 20-25 a person, and the venue holds 10,000 people... 1000 bux a show is decent... in a smaller venue.. say max of 2,000 - 4,000 people... 500 bux a team seems reasonable to me, for about 10-15 minutes of work..

this is based on aprrox 3 riders though..

thats just my opinion, anyone care to agree or disagaree???
I'm not going to go crazy into details. But if it's local show a minimum of 500 a rider, minimum. And for that price it should be no more than 20 minuets of riding, no tire blowing, no bike abuse. The should also be educated as to what options are available for purchase, a performance menu if that makes sense.

As for what's possible in Canada, to give you an idea I've done shows in Canada with 3 riders and we were making 2,500-6,000 per show plus all expenses.

If we say we're worth X amount we'll always be worth X amount. If you think you're just filler for a show, you're always going to be treated as just filler. And if you know you're not worth the money I mentioned above, hold out and don't do shows until you're ready. Because the last impression you gave the promoter determines your next paycheck.

Also, the CC guys are good guys. As long as we're talking about the ones who come and visit Vegas every year and not another group I may not know of. Scott too, also a good guy.

Last edited by Nick Apex; 04-18-2009 at 07:11 PM.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:07 PM

brokenstunter is a decent person

^unless you can stand out from the other's!^
If someone is good enough the promoter will pay more then for someone with a lame *** show
And I agree, if you think your filler you are

Last edited by brokenstunter; 04-18-2009 at 07:10 PM.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:24 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm55ZIc9M0o[/youtube]
Old 04-18-2009, 07:27 PM

TERRY pretends to be nice guys to your face, untill you give them a show and turn your back. The rest of the guys are cool.

Last edited by SCOTT_Chychul; 04-18-2009 at 07:30 PM.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm55ZIc9M0o
HAHHAHHHHAHHAHAA tom green is ******* awsome.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:42 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough

this will never stop... the only way to diminish it is to create a large degree of separation that the average promoter can easily acknowledge from

some of these separations are based in skill, some are based in marketing, either way, the only way to somewhat conquer being undercut is to stay on top of all aspects

examples are here in order of importance ;

are you on television
price
do you have sponsors that are relevant to the promoter
price
are you recognized as a national competitor (ie. XDL)
price
you and your bikes appearance, do you have posters and marketing materials
price
your skills in the parking lot

these do not take in account ones personal relationship or recommendation to the promoter

unfortunately you cannot ever really win a war based on price either, so its best to not get into one... now knowing that you probably wont get on TV regularly unless you ride with britton or you are an XDL competitor and you dont have sponsors that are relevant to the promoter, the easiest thing that you can do is to market yourself well and keep up your appearance.

with that being your last resort to distinguish yourself from the other stunters, if the promoter still wants to go with someone who is a few hundred less, there is nothing you can do about it
Old 04-18-2009, 11:43 PM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice

I'll do any show in any city in any country for $100
Old 04-19-2009, 12:09 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by YSRRider
I'll do any show in any city in any country for $100
were talking about stunt shows not donkey shows

Quick Reply: UnderCutting BULLSHIT !!