Big Sprocket + Long Distance = ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 04:16 AM
DirtySouthStunters.com

Phillie Filler is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Big Sprocket + Long Distance = ?

Originally Posted by Towlieee
did they?

Or did they not maintain it properly? REGULAR oil changes?

it was me that poped the motor and yes keeped it up on oil changes i bought the bike cupple mounts before and had the honda shop go throw it i changed the oil week before it happond cuz i drove from springhill to clearwater and the motor was over heating keepent it under 9k at the worst dove it that day and was getting off the highway as i was letting off the gas it threw a rod the bike had just over 9k miles on it... it was with the 60t, i have 54 and have no problem now.... just bad luck i guess..
Old 04-21-2009, 10:04 AM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Towlieee
I'm full fairing 60t for the last 2 years and I ride streets and lots

Don't know why 6t would make a difference, what is that, like 800 rpm difference on the freeway at most?
dropping 6 teeth in the rear? not sure what the rpm change is but it is major, and more streetable no doubt about that. its like the diff between stock and going -1 +3
Old 04-21-2009, 10:24 AM

Hammer.time is an unknown quantity at this point

i used to ride my 636 +20 it sucked so i went to +10 and i rode my bike everywhere just ignore the engine noise...if u have gauges just make sure ur temp stays good
Old 04-21-2009, 10:38 AM
The Jew!

A-BX will become famous soon enoughA-BX will become famous soon enough

I went for a long ride the other day and it wasnt that bad. I put in my skull candy head phones turned the i-pod up all the way and made the best of it. After a while the engine noise just goes away and you focus on the music and riding.

I have the trailtech digital temp and tach on my bike because its SF and I took all my gauges off. I just paid attention to the Temp and Tach occasionally and had no problems.

Thanks for all the advice guys!
Old 04-21-2009, 10:43 AM
JMZ
Like I Give A Fu@k!

JMZ is a decent person

Originally Posted by A-BX
I went for a long ride the other day and it wasnt that bad. I put in my skull candy head phones turned the i-pod up all the way and made the best of it. After a while the engine noise just goes away and you focus on the music and riding.

I have the trailtech digital temp and tach on my bike because its SF and I took all my gauges off. I just paid attention to the Temp and Tach occasionally and had no problems.

Thanks for all the advice guys!
Where did you get those gauges from and what bike they on, f4i?
Old 04-21-2009, 11:48 AM
The Jew!

A-BX will become famous soon enoughA-BX will become famous soon enough

I got it from <http://trailtech.net/adventure_vapor_kits.html> http://trailtech.net/adventure_vapor_kits.html I paid like $140.00 shipped. I have it on my F4i when you look at the website there isn't one for the F4i, but there is one that you can use on the F4i from a different bike. I forgot the exact model number, but if you call and ask the guy he will help you get the right one.
It is really easy to hook up and works great you just have to make sure you program it right. My temp gauge and tach work perfectly! The temp sensor is hooked up to your radiator hose and the Tach is hooked up to one of your spark plug wires. As for my speedometer that **** is way off I have to adjust the magnet sensor to get it just right, but since I ride the streets and lots I really don't give a **** about my speed as long as my Temp and Tach works. Its small and looks pretty good on the bike too!

If you have any other questions let me know.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:06 PM
JMZ
Like I Give A Fu@k!

JMZ is a decent person

Yeah temp and tach are what I care most about, gas would be cool but not necessary. I'll look into it, thanks