Big Sprocket + Long Distance = ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 03:58 PM

ShaneGSXR21 is a decent person
Re: Big Sprocket + Long Distance = ?

Originally Posted by DIRTYJEFF636s
where did you get those buds and what kind are they?

if you can go to work by the way of back roads thats what i would do

look into some Skull Candy **** is legit. they come with different size plugs for your ears and sound awesome.... I have a set a of earbuds for my helmet love them and i gotta big set with a built in amp for when im snowboarding...if your stupid and crank them up, when the bass hits its so hard it blurrs ur vision....good stuff
Old 04-15-2009, 04:07 PM
Honda > Yamaha

WheelzUp is a decent person

take the 55mph highways rather than the 65-70 mph interstate unless you really do love the sound of loud exhaust.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:27 PM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

Originally Posted by ShaneGSXR21
look into some Skull Candy **** is legit. they come with different size plugs for your ears and sound awesome.... I have a set a of earbuds for my helmet love them and i gotta big set with a built in amp for when im snowboarding...if your stupid and crank them up, when the bass hits its so hard it blurrs ur vision....good stuff
nice i'll have to check them out, thanks
Old 04-15-2009, 04:32 PM

Trachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by scott3824
really genius? +14 gearing and keep it under 7k huh, what is he suppose to do 50 mph on the highway?
i
Old 04-15-2009, 04:35 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Used to do it all the time on my F4i with a 60t and it was fine... Just don't hit rev limiter the whole way
Old 04-15-2009, 08:59 PM

5starstunta is a decent person

Originally Posted by scott3824
really genius? +14 gearing and keep it under 7k huh, what is he suppose to do 50 mph on the highway?

Those bikes can do 150mph I'm sure in sixth gear he can keep it under 7k and hold 50mph.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:02 PM

PLAYA-P will become famous soon enoughPLAYA-P will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by A-BX
and dont red line it in 5th the whole ride?

If you do redline it in 5th you could always shift to 6th
Old 04-15-2009, 11:15 PM

rippa is an unknown quantity at this point

Make sure you warm up your engine to proper operating temp before you go, make sure all fluids are good (you already said you kept it maintained, so good). With proper maintenance AND not ragging on a cold engine, the bike WILL run forever. Hell, I don't let my engine see 5K until it is around 70 degrees celcius or above.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:06 AM

toofancy83 is a decent person

your gonna hate it...
Old 04-16-2009, 12:12 AM
Lit
I♥MyF4i.

Lit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to behold

BigSpocket+LongDistance+Honda=A ok-suzuki=boom + kawi= sewing machine
Old 04-16-2009, 12:17 AM
Paint It

kaosquad is a decent person

Just slather yourself in vasoline and tuck hard and your good....
Old 04-16-2009, 12:39 AM

lee majors is an unknown quantity at this point

the real question should be- how you gonna get behind that acerbis the whole way..lol
my point is i don't think the motor revving is a problem, but 85 mph wind in your face with a sf for any length of time can be a bitch. like towilee said, wind noise can be a problem. like anything though you can definitely get used to it.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:40 AM
DEAD BABIES SYNDICATE

danherz is a decent person

Originally Posted by ShaneGSXR21
.if your stupid and crank them up, when the bass hits its so hard it blurrs ur vision....good stuff
damn thats serious
Old 04-16-2009, 12:46 AM

lee majors is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PLAYA-P
If you do redline it in 5th you could always shift to 6th
good point..
Old 04-16-2009, 08:24 AM
SLOPDIDDY

SLOPDIDDY will become famous soon enough

i ran my f4i all over the place thirteen up. that **** pinged off the rev limiter at about a buck thirty . i ran it for two seasons like that and i never had a problem. it gets a annoying listening to it though. and the miles run fast as ****. i think for every mile i actually went it would run a extra 3 tenths.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:35 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lee majors
the real question should be- how you gonna get behind that acerbis the whole way..lol
my point is i don't think the motor revving is a problem, but 85 mph wind in your face with a sf for any length of time can be a bitch. like towilee said, wind noise can be a problem. like anything though you can definitely get used to it.

I even rocked street fighter most the time I went 150 miles one way on my bike

I learned to ride on a street fighter, and even when I fun full fairing, my windshield is spray painted so I can' see through it

When I get on a bike with a clear windshield, I feel like im on a cruiser or something cause there's no wind noise

Originally Posted by Dat_Boi
My **** f**k'n screams. 7k 8k its scary loud. Muffler was cut wayyyyyy to short on mine.
ya I welded tabs inside my exhaust to quiet it down and increase back pressure a hair
most my parking lots are right by neighborhoods so I gotta keep my **** quiet as possible

Last edited by Towlieee; 04-16-2009 at 01:37 PM.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:07 PM
www.frontiercycle.com

jebova2301 is a decent person

Originally Posted by 5starstunta
Those bikes can do 150mph I'm sure in sixth gear he can keep it under 7k and hold 50mph.
i dont know how things are for you, but here where i live, the speed limt on the highway is 65. traffic goes at about 70-80(normally right at 75). if you arent doing AT LEAST 65, your *** is gettin ran the **** over. when i do about 75(speedo actually registers about 82 +/-1) on my bike, it is revving at 7k. my bike is an r6 with hardly any gearing at all. stock is 16/48...i run 15/47. all i really have is two up in the back. stock, the speedo registers that i would be doing 70 at 6k flat. now tell me how a bike that has added that many teeth in the back is going to stay at highway speed under 7k.

edit----------

isnt the stock on an f4i 15/45? if he is running 15/60, do the math here. 60/45=1.33333

he has added on another 1/3rd of the engines rpm at the stock speed to be doing the same speed with gearing. to figure out where you would be sitting after gearing, take what the bike was at with stock, and then multiply the rpm by 1.3333

Last edited by jebova2301; 04-16-2009 at 02:12 PM. Reason: thought of more bullshit
Old 04-16-2009, 02:21 PM
†★ King of brake lines ★†

Juca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant future

make wheelies whole way... and you will be happy
Old 04-16-2009, 04:09 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

i really miss going for street rides with a bunch of people or just being able to ride my bike as a daily driver since its fair on gas. so about 6 months ago i went from a 60 tooth and acerbis, to a 54 tooth and full fairing. it was a great change because now i can use my bike for EVERYTHING. certain tricks are harder to do now and riding f/f takes getting used to but its well worth it.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:42 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Danger_Dave
i really miss going for street rides with a bunch of people or just being able to ride my bike as a daily driver since its fair on gas. so about 6 months ago i went from a 60 tooth and acerbis, to a 54 tooth and full fairing. it was a great change because now i can use my bike for EVERYTHING. certain tricks are harder to do now and riding f/f takes getting used to but its well worth it.
I'm full fairing 60t for the last 2 years and I ride streets and lots

Don't know why 6t would make a difference, what is that, like 800 rpm difference on the freeway at most?

Quick Reply: Big Sprocket + Long Distance = ?