ebay master cylinder ???..hmmmm?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 06:47 AM

sixxxer-fuddy is a decent person
ebay master cylinder ???..hmmmm?

heyhas anyone bought one of these??? im tempted tobuyone isitworthit??im assuming its not
Old 04-12-2009, 06:57 AM
Registered Spammer

old duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ebay master cylinder ???..hmmmm?

You mean the fake brembos?

Best Car & Motorcycle Insurance | Auto/Moto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by old duffer
You mean the fake brembos?
ya i do i forgot alink... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...22378&viewitem=
Old 04-12-2009, 07:23 AM
Registered Spammer

old duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethiopian
all my friends that have had them had no luck with them, garbage. one couldnt keep pressure and another had it lock his caliper up when it got used a little and the fluid resivor wasnt overfilled. handbrakes pretty important so i wouldnt **** around with them.
Originally Posted by skinnyR!
Junk. I tried one worked like crap. Floppy lever long throw.
Originally Posted by superjeep59
i got one as a spare cause it was very cheap, figgured id give it a try 3 days after i installed it it blew the seal and spit fluid all over me and my bike, also hit the bar and ditched the bike, wasnt a fun experiance
Originally Posted by f4ibry
they work....not very well

the components are all garbage.. janky *** levers only work on the furthest out lever setting....

wut can u expect for under 50 bucks??
Originally Posted by TONE
this guy hallface dont know **** his boy does rock one but still has half the power of a normal brembo 16/18
Originally Posted by apfire26
Mine ******* sucked.
Originally Posted by moto-madness.co
The Frembos are complete garbage even with the Brembo rebuild kits. The inside forging and bore tolerances will eventually eat of the Brembo rebuild kits and start leaking. For another $100 its worth getting the 16x18 or just buying a used 1000rr master.
Originally Posted by *trix*
yeah i put the frembo on my 70cc and it has just enough power to lock up the back brake and work as a handbrake. would not recommend it for a handbrake EVER unless your using it for a 50 or 70cc
Originally Posted by YSRRider
they are junk..... do a search on here and read the threads, yours is thread number 10,604 started about them.

DONT BUY
Originally Posted by NEP
they're cheap material...i just got one and the adjuster screw stripped out while bleeding it. it held pressure pretty well but faded quick after 5-10mins. i had mine all of a month maybe...anyone want for cheap?? lol
Originally Posted by Kingnap
Hit or miss. I ordered a couple just for a deal. And one broke. In a day or 2. The adjuster is all. One works great. I have better feel than some of my friends real Brembos. But who knows if they are as **** about bleeding as I am. But like they said before. You aren't getting the same quality. As for how they work, mine is 100% ALL the time. With no brake fade. But if you have the cash, get the real thing.
Originally Posted by moto-madness.co
Thet do work but the forging and internals are terrible. There is no quality control with them so you never know ur getting
Originally Posted by Skinny_J
Yeah, just spend the money and get the brembo, I had a frembo for about 2 months before it took a **** and wouldnt hold pressure. On the other hand, I have a friend (kingnap) who has been running one for over a year and it still works, but it still doesnt have the feel of the real brembo, I would go with a 16x18, I know they feel good, I havent felt the other.
Originally Posted by Suicidal Antics
no you dont. we had 3 of them. one **** the bed before it even bled out. One lasted about a week, and the otherone is still going, but feels like ****, and has a ton of play in the lever...

if your on a budget, buy an 05/06 636 radial front master, used.
Originally Posted by nags
They don't work for **** and will eventually lose pressure
Best Car & Motorcycle Insurance | Auto/Moto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:28 AM

so im thinking i shouldnt waste my time??? lol i didnt see one good thing about them glad i didnt impulse buy it like i almost did lol
Old 04-12-2009, 07:30 AM
Registered Spammer

Yeah I kind of considered one a while back but thought I'd pass lol

Old 04-12-2009, 11:47 AM
Hate the smell of TPD

Dan_DGAF666 is a jewel in the roughDan_DGAF666 is a jewel in the roughDan_DGAF666 is a jewel in the roughDan_DGAF666 is a jewel in the rough

there poopy
Old 04-12-2009, 11:58 AM
i am over it

str8edge24 is a decent person

next time try the searh button
Old 04-12-2009, 12:47 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

pick up a used radial off a OEM bike

depending on who you buy it from, you should be able to pick one up from $60-$120
Old 04-12-2009, 01:21 PM

M.SHANK is an unknown quantity at this point

Sometimes you may get a good one. i bought one and it had casting material inside the piston and scarred it all up inside and it just did not work and leaked. Friend of mine bought one and he has had it for two years now and swears by it. Luck of the draw I guess. I wouldn't suggest it but its your money
Old 04-12-2009, 02:44 PM

JohnR is an unknown quantity at this point

invest the money.....buy a brembo
Old 04-12-2009, 02:58 PM
so cal stunters union

g-man FOFC is a decent person

Originally Posted by JohnR
invest the money.....buy a brembo
i 2nd that
Old 04-12-2009, 03:42 PM
i am over it

str8edge24 is a decent person

buy a magura love mine
Old 04-12-2009, 05:25 PM

chpsk8er630 is an unknown quantity at this point

I might buy one to make a handbrake out of it for my fiddy. That would be a nice setup on my fiddy but i wouldnt run that **** on my f4i. Last thing you want is going cheap on a master and crashing cause of it and now you need a new master and alot of bike parts and maybe hospital bills.