noob Stoppie problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 11:12 PM

Honda101 is a decent person
Exclamation noob Stoppie problems

whats up guys this is the first year im really trying to go hard.. the problem is that when i grab a bunch of front break the tire just locks up and slides ive even tried shifting my weight but i heard you should let some psi out of ur front tire and im wanting to know how much i ride a 2000 600F4 and i was wanting to know if anyone else out there has a F4 with some psi tips **** any tips would be great
Old 04-11-2009, 11:29 PM

gixer7fitty is a decent person
Re: noob Stoppie problems

Originally Posted by Honda101
whats up guys this is the first year im really trying to go hard.. the problem is that when i grab a bunch of front break the tire just locks up and slides ive even tried shifting my weight but i heard you should let some psi out of ur front tire and im wanting to know how much i ride a 2000 600F4 and i was wanting to know if anyone else out there has a F4 with some psi tips **** any tips would be great
is the temp warm where u are now? cold pavement makes for difficult/expensive endos
Old 04-11-2009, 11:42 PM

yea im in ohio so it is pretty cold so i should prolly wait till its a little warmer dont wanna start out season with a trip to the repair shop
Old 04-11-2009, 11:45 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

JesseJacobs can only hope to improve

yea im in ohio so it is pretty cold so i should prolly wait till its a little warmer dont wanna start out season with a trip to the repair shop
Or the hospital!! LoL **** the repair shop.... And just some advice for Stuntlife. Try to use proper punctuation... Just makes it easier for everyone to understand what your sayin... Good luck with those stoppies....

-Jesse
Old 04-11-2009, 11:48 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

32psi

half decent tire

go practice

hit the freeway or some twisties for 20 minutes before you hit a parking lot to do stoppies to warm your tire
Old 04-11-2009, 11:58 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

i had those problems the other day it was cold as **** went sliding 3 times mucho scary but just part of the game if you try and bring it up easier it destroys your momentum and rolling distance and u have to get going faster to compensate which makes it more scary
Old 04-12-2009, 12:01 AM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough
Talking Re: noob Stoppie problems

Originally Posted by Danger_Dave
mucho scary but just part of the game if you try and bring it up easier it destroys your momentum and rolling distance and u have to get going faster to compensate which makes it more scary
+1 and key words are mucho scary and scary
Old 04-12-2009, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Towlieee
32psi

half decent tire

go practice

hit the freeway or some twisties for 20 minutes before you hit a parking lot to do stoppies to warm your tire
thanks bro thats what i was wanting to know i'm hitting the pavement next nice day...
Old 04-12-2009, 12:19 AM
mega squid

ZxHunteR is a decent person

25 psi learning

30 psi amateur

35 psi pro
Old 04-12-2009, 12:38 AM

zxonone is an unknown quantity at this point

its all about your technique dude. you need to hit your front brakes like your goin for a normal stop so that your front suspension compresses, then really get into them hard. The deal is if you dont give your bike that split second to compress your front end you easily overcome the tires traction when the suspension slams down. Its easy once you get the feel for it, now rolling distance, good luck with that.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:05 AM
mega squid

Yea that too^
Old 04-12-2009, 01:12 AM

hyperryder is an unknown quantity at this point

Bad advice so far. It has allot to do with set up. Set the compression to a medium setting and the rebound so that the forks stay down and do not bounce on you. others might say ss lines are for those who can already roll far. That's BS! If you have factory lines get ss lines. your lines are at least 9 years old and corroded inside. Lines like that allow for allot of flex and very uneven pressure to the calipers. That can cause the front end to lock up. Always use stock pads! never use HH! A good tire really helps. I used a pirelli diablo super coarse.

As far as technique. That is up to you. I suggest keeping your *** in the seat when snatching it up. Never lock your arms always keep a little bend in them.

Please always wear your gear. Anyone who can roll decent stoppies has been over and joined the club. if you do flip and are able to, get back on the bike and roll them again or you will always have a good bit of hesitation to do them again.

When you can roll well over 300 feet on that stock front end then go buy a 954/929 front end.

Good luck killer
Old 04-12-2009, 01:29 AM

jmansr6 is a decent person

+11111

Really would get the ss lines. Helps a lot with older bikes
Old 04-12-2009, 01:34 AM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

Originally Posted by jmansr6
+11111

Really would get the ss lines. Helps a lot with older bikes
i wanna get them for both bikes, but other things keep coming up
Old 04-12-2009, 02:17 AM
mega squid

Originally Posted by hyperryder
Bad advice so far.

[...].

Never lock your arms always keep a little bend in them.
I dont see any bad advice. As for bent arms, if a noob wants to keep the bike straight he should be locking his arms. Pros have a little bend because they know how to steer the bike and they have to steer if they are rolling them far. And theyre pulling 180s and all that. Bent arms is going to give a noob a crooked landing every time Thats all ive got to say about that
Old 04-12-2009, 02:23 AM

hyperryder is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ZxHunteR
I dont see any bad advice. As for bent arms, if a noob wants to keep the bike straight he should be locking his arms. Pros have a little bend because they know how to steer the bike and they have to steer if they are rolling them far. And theyre pulling 180s and all that. Bent arms is going to give a noob a crooked landing every time Thats all ive got to say about that

keeping your arms straight is bad posture. Even if they are bent you can still roll straight. It is better to learn the right way the first time.
Old 04-12-2009, 02:40 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Name:  nags.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  93.0 KB

i could name a few long rollers that keep their arms straight
Old 04-12-2009, 02:46 AM
myspace.com/dustindstunts

secret weapon will become famous soon enough

loosen up rebound on forks, put on pilot power front, lower air to 20-25, and grow *****!
Old 04-12-2009, 03:02 AM
Squid Standers. Get Owned

CRA$H AZ is a decent person

+1 my arms are straight unless i'm turning. anyways with these front ends speaking from experience i think the biggest factor is technique. I had nags set-up with a pilot power 2 ct with 25 pounds and all it did was slide. I had the wrong technique.....i bumped the psi up to about 30-32 and changed my technique. (as follows)

wrap through most of first gear, arms straight, toes on pegs, back straight, head up, bounch the rear suspension as i pull the clutch in and apply quick, steady, firm brake pressure, it whips off then i let off the brake as needed.

stock f4i front end. stock master. stock lines. most likely stock pads i bought the bike with 4k miles and havent changed them yet.

now with that said i'm rolling 100ft max prob more like 50-75 most of the time, so i'm no pro. but i DO know what worked to get my tire to stop locking and the back to start whipping up.

hope that helps.
Old 04-12-2009, 03:05 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by secret weapon
loosen up rebound on forks, put on pilot power front, lower air to 20-25, and grow *****!
loosening the rebound will make the bike pogo , you want your rebound tight so it comes back up slow

Quick Reply: noob Stoppie problems