noob Stoppie problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 12:50 PM

jasonpayne123 is a decent person
Re: noob Stoppie problems

Originally Posted by CRA$H AZ
you should pull in the clutch every time. let it out when your rear tire hits the ground again and ride off.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:55 PM

lee majors is an unknown quantity at this point

only thing i haven't heard mentioned is that i personally hit the brake twice, once lightly to scrub and the second to lift. it seems to help the brake grab a little better.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:10 PM

SP MEGA is a decent person

Originally Posted by Honda101
whats up guys this is the first year im really trying to go hard.. the problem is that when i grab a bunch of front break the tire just locks up and slides ive even tried shifting my weight but i heard you should let some psi out of ur front tire and im wanting to know how much i ride a 2000 600F4 and i was wanting to know if anyone else out there has a F4 with some psi tips **** any tips would be great

i roll 30 pds on the street... it seems to be just fine... 25 is good in a parking lot... but it is a lil harder to turn and you feel everything on a road so be safe with it
Old 04-17-2009, 02:32 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Honda101
dude GREAT advice one more quick question i have a tendency to pull in the clutch it that bad? should i start remembering not to pull it in ?
What you want to do is right when you pull in the clutch and off the gas get on the brakes. So that uses the momentum/rebound OMR was talking about.. Crash you can't roll 50ft Definitely not 100ft homie..
Old 04-17-2009, 03:53 PM
Daddy Squid

seldon929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

lots of good advice in here. I need it.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:40 PM
Squid Standers. Get Owned

CRA$H AZ is a decent person

Originally Posted by T-Dubby
What you want to do is right when you pull in the clutch and off the gas get on the brakes. So that uses the momentum/rebound OMR was talking about.. Crash you can't roll 50ft Definitely not 100ft homie..
think....the distance to first base on a basebally field is 90ft.....i'm def rolling 50 most of the time, bring your measuring tape sunday if you don't believe me.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:12 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by lee majors
only thing i haven't heard mentioned is that i personally hit the brake twice, once lightly to scrub and the second to lift. it seems to help the brake grab a little better.
you dont touch the brake until you are gonna bring the bike up , hitting the brake twice just slows you down
Old 04-20-2009, 02:28 AM

lee majors is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old man roger
you dont touch the brake until you are gonna bring the bike up , hitting the brake twice just slows you down

i dunno, it was just a habit i got into. for some reason the brakes never wanted to grab on my 900.

edit: i don't scrub it hard enough to scrub speed just a little tap just before lift. i definitely see what your sayin though...i'll try to break the habit.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:36 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by lee majors
i dunno, it was just a habit i got into. for some reason the brakes never wanted to grab on my 900.

edit: i don't scrub it hard enough to scrub speed just a little tap just before lift. i definitely see what your sayin though...i'll try to break the habit.
it takes away speed and the advantage of the bike transferring weight to the front tire..

again just my
Old 04-20-2009, 10:11 AM
A.M STOPPIE SCHOOL

ROWDY is a decent person

Lots of good advice from lots of people who have their own style and way of doing things. My style is slightly bent arms and out of the seat. I use my head as a ballast and my feet to kick the footpegs back if it goes too high. Basically... Im floating the majority of the time. Or at least thats the goal. My is to start off with around 15psi cold in ur front tire (hopefully a Michelin pilot) and try to get the bike to track straight. U want to be able to keep the tail in line, which will come in time, so by more contact patch being on the ground it will help eliminate lockup and help u focus on just bringing the bike up and rolling. U dont even need to worry about the balance point right now. Just setup some cones and start spacing them out further and further from each other as u increase ur speed. A good starting point would be around middle of 1st gear on a stock geared bike (this trick is easier with speed), As it allows u to have some time with the rear tire in the air. Seat time is everything and ur going to need alot of it to figure this out. Dont go preloading the frontend by double pumping the brakes either, that scrubs off speed as well as takes away from the inital pickup. Run the throttle all the way till u hit the brake, let the suspension help u. (Ur forks will compress as the rear shock unloads) Practice practice practice... this trick requires so much input and u can get so much feedback from different riding positions. Do whats comfortable to u... in the seat, out of the seat, arms stiff, arms slightly bent. Its all about getting comfortable and rolling as far as u can push urself to go. Good luck bro... post pics and vid of ur progress.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:51 AM
NME
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

NME is a decent person

Seat-time... stay in it.