noob Stoppie problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 12:41 PM

livewakesnow is a decent person
Re: noob Stoppie problems

haha ya no gsxr. alright well its somewhat dry here today so maybe ill get down and wrench on my bike for a little bit...
Old 04-13-2009, 12:45 PM

gixer7fitty is a decent person

Originally Posted by hyperryder
roger stop giving stoppie advice. You cant roll j/k buddy
Old 04-13-2009, 01:03 PM
Squid Standers. Get Owned

CRA$H AZ is a decent person

Originally Posted by livewakesnow
ok OMR but where are my compression and rebound adjustments on the fork? and what about settings for the rear shock?
2006 600rr
is that you mr carter?
Old 04-13-2009, 06:27 PM

livewakesnow is a decent person

it sure is mr. colson. haha wuttup
Old 04-14-2009, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by livewakesnow
it sure is mr. colson. haha wuttup
bout time you got into stunting. go to my myspace and find reeff....he might be down to ride with ya and give you some pointers. he's one of the guys evan used to ride with.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:53 PM

jasonpayne123 is a decent person

Originally Posted by old man roger
loosening the rebound will make the bike pogo , you want your rebound tight so it comes back up slow

oh ya there was a topic here huh , the key to not skidding the front tire is

1] a good front tire -pilot power

2] a warm front tire

3] using the weight transfer of the bike to help the pick up, meaning as you are getting off the gas the bike will naturally dive in the front and if you take advantage of that dive it will help alot .. it's a timing thing but the objective is to keep the momentum of the weight transfer by hitting the brake while the weight is transferring to the front tire

4]keeping weight on the front tire by locking your arms , like alot of people said yes you can bend your arms to steer but if you are going straight your arms should be straight

Seems like omr is the only real spoken one here. I wouldnt consider my self a "Pro" but i can get em out there pretty far (300-400ft consistantly)

Just like omr said. Start with a good tire. now this subject is negotible. I run Meztler M3's and wont run anything else. but Pilot powers are great tires too.

second. WARM THAT TIRE UP! do a few zig zags up and down the lot like you see in nascar. And make sure the pavement your trying to stoppie on is good corse concrete, some surfaces are slicker than others.

The whole concept of a stoppie is basically like a wheelie. Get it up as high as possible as fast as possible to roll them out any decent length. but being new your probably not going to want to try that.

Start off at the top of 1st gear and slowly apply more and more pressure until you feel the back end lift. practice and practice that over and over again until you feel comfortable riding on the front wheel.

When you get a lil better youll want to force them a lil more. use more weight distribution.

When im doing stoppies, as im getting off the throttle im simultaneousley pulling the front brake and shifting my upper body weight to the front and driving my forks down to bottom out the suspension, then is just all feathering the brake and body control. straight arms is not bad at all. when rolling straight you use your shoulders more to steer, but as you move on to 180s and such youll bend your arms more. your best advise is just practice practice practice. its comes with time.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:57 PM

not positive but i believe the gsxr has a set of rebound adjustment screws on the top of the fork and a set of compression adjustment screws on the side of the bottom part of the fork ..

might be the other way around im not sure but if you turn them both all the way down and feel how the shock reacts you should be able to figure out what one does by turning them full hard one at a time

as far as the rear shock goes i like mine set to full hard with alot of preload on the spring , better all around for stunting in my opinion

i run a gsxr, i turned the adjustments on the top as stiff as they go. (all the way to the right) I only weigh 150lbs. I perfer it more rigid. you dont want it bouncing while your up
Old 04-14-2009, 07:14 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i like my settings tight also but i figured since he was a beginner it would be better for him to have the compression kind of soft but his rebound tight so the bike would dive easy and not shoot back up at him , its a good setting for slower stoppies
Old 04-14-2009, 07:30 PM
Jim CrashoBazzi

imafrogg420 is a decent person

I really need a hands on suspension training.

good read lots of good advice omr
Old 04-14-2009, 07:35 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by imafrogg420
I really need a hands on suspension training.

good read lots of good advice omr
easiest way to figure out what does what is to turn every thing out all the way and push down on the front end then turn the top screw in all the way and push down on the front end , then turn the top setting all the way out and turn the bottom setting all the way in and push down on the front end ..

you will see what setting does what if you pay attention to how fast the forks compress and rebound
Old 04-14-2009, 07:38 PM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

Old 04-14-2009, 07:41 PM

killswitch12283 can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by CRA$H AZ
bout time you got into stunting. go to my myspace and find reeff....he might be down to ride with ya and give you some pointers. he's one of the guys evan used to ride with.

wheres this dude live? reeff aint been on the horse in a minute,,,, been sledin............i ride everyday..........try too
Old 04-14-2009, 09:02 PM

i like my settings tight also but i figured since he was a beginner it would be better for him to have the compression kind of soft but his rebound tight so the bike would dive easy and not shoot back up at him , its a good setting for slower stoppies

True, but that may sabotoge his fork seals if he is learning slow wheelies too. its hard to tell/teach a newer rider to run it a certian way when they may be more comfortable with something completely different. its like talking tire pressures on here. I run 35psi, others run 15, 20psi. I was fucked from the get go. I listened to JB and ran his set-up!
Old 04-15-2009, 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by killswitch12283
wheres this dude live? reeff aint been on the horse in a minute,,,, been sledin............i ride everyday..........try too

sup broooo haven't heard from you in a minute either.....anyways pm him he was living in kenmore last i knew.

sorry for the thread jackin everyone
Old 04-15-2009, 08:11 PM

Honda101 is a decent person

Originally Posted by jasonpayne123
Seems like omr is the only real spoken one here. I wouldnt consider my self a "Pro" but i can get em out there pretty far (300-400ft consistantly)

Just like omr said. Start with a good tire. now this subject is negotible. I run Meztler M3's and wont run anything else. but Pilot powers are great tires too.

second. WARM THAT TIRE UP! do a few zig zags up and down the lot like you see in nascar. And make sure the pavement your trying to stoppie on is good corse concrete, some surfaces are slicker than others.

The whole concept of a stoppie is basically like a wheelie. Get it up as high as possible as fast as possible to roll them out any decent length. but being new your probably not going to want to try that.

Start off at the top of 1st gear and slowly apply more and more pressure until you feel the back end lift. practice and practice that over and over again until you feel comfortable riding on the front wheel.

When you get a lil better youll want to force them a lil more. use more weight distribution.

When im doing stoppies, as im getting off the throttle im simultaneousley pulling the front brake and shifting my upper body weight to the front and driving my forks down to bottom out the suspension, then is just all feathering the brake and body control. straight arms is not bad at all. when rolling straight you use your shoulders more to steer, but as you move on to 180s and such youll bend your arms more. your best advise is just practice practice practice. its comes with time.

dude GREAT advice one more quick question i have a tendency to pull in the clutch it that bad? should i start remembering not to pull it in ?
Old 04-16-2009, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Honda101
dude GREAT advice one more quick question i have a tendency to pull in the clutch it that bad? should i start remembering not to pull it in ?
you should pull in the clutch every time. let it out when your rear tire hits the ground again and ride off.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:13 PM
STOPPIN FLIPPIES

THE GRUNDISH is a decent person

Sorry, I just wanted to post a pic of me....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	RICKENBACKER STUNT SPOT 008.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	223583  
Old 04-17-2009, 12:24 AM

StuntinSS is a decent person

i could name a few long rollers that keep their arms straight

Smart ***. lol, great presentation! I give it an A+
Old 04-17-2009, 02:55 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by StuntinSS
Smart ***. lol, great presentation! I give it an A+
Old 04-17-2009, 04:04 AM

Rich600RR is a decent person

good advice yall. i have been trying some as well and i either get them straight up then right down, or ride them a little but not high enough. Damn it!! lol

Last edited by Rich600RR; 04-17-2009 at 04:18 AM.

Quick Reply: noob Stoppie problems