noob Stoppie problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 04:49 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: noob Stoppie problems

oh ya there was a topic here huh , the key to not skidding the front tire is

1] a good front tire -pilot power

2] a warm front tire

3] using the weight transfer of the bike to help the pick up, meaning as you are getting off the gas the bike will naturally dive in the front and if you take advantage of that dive it will help alot .. it's a timing thing but the objective is to keep the momentum of the weight transfer by hitting the brake while the weight is transferring to the front tire

4]keeping weight on the front tire by locking your arms , like alot of people said yes you can bend your arms to steer but if you are going straight your arms should be straight
Old 04-12-2009, 04:52 AM

scandelous81 is a decent person

crown & ginger....
Old 04-12-2009, 05:14 AM
Registered Spammer

old duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond repute

braaap it up

Best Car & Motorcycle Insurance | Auto/Moto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 12:39 PM

hyperryder is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old man roger

2] a warm front tire

3] using the weight transfer of the bike to help the pick up, meaning as you are getting off the gas the bike will naturally dive in the front and if you take advantage of that dive it will help alot .. it's a timing thing but the objective is to keep the momentum of the weight transfer by hitting the brake while the weight is transferring to the front tire

4]keeping weight on the front tire by locking your arms , like alot of people said yes you can bend your arms to steer but if you are going straight your arms should be straight

Roger stop giving stoppie advice. You cant roll J/k Buddy
Old 04-12-2009, 01:21 PM

CARNAHKT is an unknown quantity at this point

As far as the skidding problem. Get a good tire(pilot power or supercorsa. Run around 30psi. If you try and jerk it up real quick you will be more likely to skid, when your learning pull it up a little slower so you dont skid and dont flip. Definitley keep the rebound real stiff. You should keep the compression as soft as you can without bottoming out, try putting a zip tie on the fork leg to see where your at. If you bottom out your way more likely to skid. On that bike, if your jerking it up fast youll probably be bottoming out even on the stiffest setting. I bottom out on rc51 forks with 20w oil and commpression all the way stiff. I like to bounce and lean forward when right when I hit the brake, this just takes practice though because it has to all be in sync or it will make you skid worse.
As far as technique I definitly keep my arms fairly straight unless im turning. I like to stay about an inch or so off the seat. Thats all preference though, youll figure out what works for you.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:41 PM

SickTrickRick is an unknown quantity at this point

+10000000 to everything OMR said!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-12-2009, 01:50 PM

fatboystuntz will become famous soon enough

+2 with OMR.....i def think its a neccisty to keep the arms straight and locked....think a slight bend learning is gonna get you in a bad habit thats gonna be hard to break...IMO
Old 04-12-2009, 03:04 PM

livewakesnow is a decent person

damn i read this post and learned a lot about stoppies. cant wait for the rain to stop so i can start trying em now i just gotta figure out what i need to do to adjust the compression and rebound on my 600rr....
any advice haha?
Old 04-12-2009, 03:15 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by livewakesnow
damn i read this post and learned a lot about stoppies. cant wait for the rain to stop so i can start trying em now i just gotta figure out what i need to do to adjust the compression and rebound on my 600rr....
any advice haha?
if i were just starting out i would set my rebound on about 90 % hard and set my compression as hard as i could with out skidding the tire , i have both my settings at 90% hard now but i think you may have a skidding problem if you start like that
Old 04-12-2009, 04:01 PM
Do Wheelies

razor rich is a decent person

2] a warm front tire

Annd look strait ahead,not at the ground
Old 04-12-2009, 04:52 PM

livewakesnow is a decent person

ok OMR but where are my compression and rebound adjustments on the fork? and what about settings for the rear shock?
2006 600rr
Old 04-12-2009, 05:13 PM

zxonone is an unknown quantity at this point

to the op I know your just learning so I gave you beginner advice, it is not bad advice at all trust me, learn to understand how weight transfer effects tire grip. If I am correct your complaining about tire grip if thats the case the rest of the advice on this thread is far beyond where you are in my book. Remember what I said about allowing your front end to compress, keep your arms locked until you get a damper and some actual feel for how its done. And another bit of CRITICAL advice I left out but OMR pointed out, ALWAYS start your endos right off the gas, in other words be on the gas decently hard creating a good forward momentum then quickly transition to braking (using the technique I already told you about allowing the suspension to compress). this quick transition from the bikes weight being on the rear tire from accelerating to the front tire will help the bike get vertical on the front and it will aid traction since the bikes weight is shifting. This is all done in a split second when you get the feel for it, but when you do you can pick endos up in the rain (not that I do or suggest you do)
Old 04-12-2009, 05:24 PM

A-Boy"RDLC" is an unknown quantity at this point

2] a warm front tire

3] using the weight transfer of the bike to help the pick up, meaning as you are getting off the gas the bike will naturally dive in the front and if you take advantage of that dive it will help alot .. It's a timing thing but the objective is to keep the momentum of the weight transfer by hitting the brake while the weight is transferring to the front tire

+1000
Old 04-12-2009, 06:12 PM

Honda101 is a decent person

All great advice ill take and try a little of all of it something bound to work so thanks again guys...
Old 04-12-2009, 06:58 PM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

Originally Posted by fatboystuntz
+2 with OMR.....i def think its a neccisty to keep the arms straight and locked....think a slight bend learning is gonna get you in a bad habit thats gonna be hard to break...IMO
+1 yea it's a hard habit to break
Old 04-12-2009, 07:45 PM

hyperryder is an unknown quantity at this point

To each there own. I tend to keep my elbows slightly bent.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:42 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by livewakesnow
ok OMR but where are my compression and rebound adjustments on the fork? and what about settings for the rear shock?
2006 600rr
not positive but i believe the gsxr has a set of rebound adjustment screws on the top of the fork and a set of compression adjustment screws on the side of the bottom part of the fork ..

might be the other way around im not sure but if you turn them both all the way down and feel how the shock reacts you should be able to figure out what one does by turning them full hard one at a time

as far as the rear shock goes i like mine set to full hard with alot of preload on the spring , better all around for stunting in my opinion
Old 04-13-2009, 04:19 AM
RedruM

dmcfreestylematt is a jewel in the roughdmcfreestylematt is a jewel in the roughdmcfreestylematt is a jewel in the rough

2] a warm front tire

+1
especially on the weight transfer
Old 04-13-2009, 04:32 AM
also known as OMR

not positive but i believe the gsxr has a set of rebound adjustment screws on the top of the fork and a set of compression adjustment screws on the side of the bottom part of the fork ..

might be the other way around im not sure but if you turn them both all the way down and feel how the shock reacts you should be able to figure out what one does by turning them full hard one at a time

as far as the rear shock goes i like mine set to full hard with alot of preload on the spring , better all around for stunting in my opinion
damn i seen gsxr in his avatar info and didn't even see the rr in his post same **** though
Old 04-13-2009, 04:33 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by dmcfreestylematt
+1
especially on the weight transfer
a buddy of mine was so good at it he would bang up fast *** stoppies in the rain

Quick Reply: noob Stoppie problems