trannsmission

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 12:07 PM
CA STUNTER

big ben is a decent person
trannsmission

ok well, i woke up and was heading out to school and mytransission went crazy and i cant shift to 3rd or up, it just wont shift up, and the range of motion on the lever between 1st and 2nd is a couple inches and it feels really loose when i shift. any clues as to what is wrong???? is it and udjustment i need to make or is something going to need 2 b replaced??
Old 04-11-2009, 12:10 PM
IDLE WHORE

JOHN J has a spectacular aura aboutJOHN J has a spectacular aura about
Re: trannsmission

Originally Posted by big ben
ok well, i woke up and was heading out to school and mytransission went crazy and i cant shift to 3rd or up, it just wont shift up, and the range of motion on the lever between 1st and 2nd is a couple inches and it feels really loose when i shift. any clues as to what is wrong???? is it and udjustment i need to make or is something going to need 2 b replaced??
it acted up cuz your no longer in nc, look at your avatar as well as its a sv 650 but on a serious note sounds like your clutch just get rid of that **** box
Old 04-11-2009, 12:14 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

make sure your rearset isnt loose
Old 04-11-2009, 12:18 PM
CA STUNTER

big ben is a decent person

no its not loose and the clutch works fine, when its in 2nd the toe lever is actually pointing up slightly and 2nd is about 30 degrees pointing to the ground
Old 04-11-2009, 01:53 PM
www.frontiercycle.com

jebova2301 is a decent person

kinda sounds like the ratcheting mechanism broke. if it doesnt snap back to that "neutral" position for you to go to a different gear, check the ratcheting mechanism(is there a real name for it?). if it were working properly, the shifter should seat between the up/down range, but if its not releasing, it would get stuck either up or down i think. i could be wrong though
Old 04-11-2009, 02:15 PM
HOOD CHAIN GANG

SUPERDAVE will become famous soon enough

That or you may have bent or broke your shift rod.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:21 PM

Nick1000 will become famous soon enoughNick1000 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by SUPERDAVE
That or you may have bent or broke your shift rod.
i think ya mean shift fork. the rods are what the forks slide on. but yea thats kinda what it sounds like if you can shift perfectly 1st and 2nd then seems like a bent fork.. witch is an entire engine tear down. so id go ahead n check everything else real good.

coming down hard from a wheelie and standing on the shifter lever can bend the forks depending on what gear your in will bend diff ones.