f4i brake problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 02:04 PM

shane636 is a decent person
f4i brake problem

i have a 636 and i just bought an f4i too. the rear brake on the f4i isnt as good as the 636, ive changed the pads, blead the line etc but its still stiff to press down on and isnt that responsive, i have a duel system on the rear so that ant affecting it... are fri rear masters troublesome or is there any after market item i can use? cheers
Old 04-07-2009, 02:10 PM
i am over it

str8edge24 is a decent person
Re: f4i brake problem

are u running oem pads? all I run is oem pads and its night and days difference
Old 04-07-2009, 02:10 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

You talking about the hand brake or factory foot brake?

If I remmber right, 636's are supposed to have JUNK factory brakes, whereas f4i's are perfectly fine

Whats the issue? Is it spongy? Does it not lock the wheel?
Old 04-07-2009, 02:20 PM
Life is a Risk so Live It

OnPoint is a decent person

If you've bleed it correctly and have good pads, then you may have a bad master. The stock F4i masters work great, just find one for cheap.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:32 PM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

Originally Posted by str8edge24
are u running oem pads? All i run is oem pads and its night and days difference
+422873
Old 04-07-2009, 04:08 PM

im talking about the factory brake man, and im running ebc double h pads.. i really have to push down on the brake to get it to work... when i clutch it up to do circles im finding it hard to catch her on the brake, with the 636 i had no problem...
Old 04-07-2009, 04:13 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by shane636
im talking about the factory brake man, and im running ebc double h pads.. i really have to push down on the brake to get it to work... when i clutch it up to do circles im finding it hard to catch her on the brake, with the 636 i had no problem...
the caliper is a sliding caliper , if it isn't sliding it will work like **** ...

take the caliper off and clean and lube the slides also make sure your foot lever moves freely ....
Old 04-07-2009, 04:30 PM
i am over it

did u get brake fluid on the pabs when your were bleeding them?
Old 04-07-2009, 04:34 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

did u get brake fluid on the pabs when your were bleeding them?
that will definitely make the brakes work like ****
Old 04-07-2009, 04:39 PM

no man, all is sweet that way... i think its the master is the problem here... can a blade master fit etc lads?
Old 04-07-2009, 04:41 PM
also known as OMR

no man, all is sweet that way... i think its the master is the problem here... can a blade master fit etc lads?
so you are sure the caliper slides ? it is a very common problem
Old 04-07-2009, 04:42 PM
also known as OMR

usually when the master goes bad the brakes get spongy not hard
Old 04-07-2009, 04:45 PM
so cal stunters union

g-man FOFC is a decent person

brake those pupies in or u got fluid on them cuz the stock f4i master almost works to dam good
Old 04-07-2009, 04:45 PM
i am over it

if you didn't get any fluid on them and they are new pads it could be the master or the cal like omr said.Ii have oem pads and and mine are bled good and it will lock the rear tire up very easy without much pressure sometimes i wish it wasn't as easy as it is .
Old 04-07-2009, 04:46 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by g-man FOFC

brake those pupies in or u got fluid on them cuz the stock f4i master almost works to dam good
i aggree but the double h pads break in fast as hell
Old 04-07-2009, 04:46 PM

hmmm.. the brake is very hard... ill service the master so man, cheers for the advice man. keep clutchin it up over there..
Old 04-07-2009, 04:48 PM
i am over it

Originally Posted by old man roger
i aggree but the double h pads break in fast as hell
+1 and wear out fast Oem is all i run not much more $ but you have to order them because no one stocks oem pads
Old 04-07-2009, 04:50 PM

where can i get those oem pads lads?
Old 04-07-2009, 04:50 PM
also known as OMR

+1 and wear out fast Oem is all i run not much more $ but you have to order them because no one stocks oem pads
yep and the double h pads kill rotors , i alway rum oem i just order a couple sets at a time
Old 04-07-2009, 04:52 PM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

Originally Posted by old man roger
yep and the double h pads kill rotors , i alway rum oem i just order a couple sets at a time
+1 my buddies rear rotor is fucked up because of those pads

Quick Reply: f4i brake problem