First Post

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 01:49 PM
word

oh8cbr600 will become famous soon enough
Re: First Post

sweet well thanks for the help guys. I guess im gonna go get a tire guage this afternoon and drop my psi and go look for a good lot to try it out in.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:02 PM
i am over it

str8edge24 is a decent person

don't forget the camera its good so that u can watch your progression and to share your wrecks with the resst of us. good luck and just remember it takes time nothing is ever as easy as it looks
Old 04-07-2009, 02:12 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by oh8cbr600
sweet well thanks for the help guys. I guess im gonna go get a tire guage this afternoon and drop my psi and go look for a good lot to try it out in.
Originally Posted by str8edge24
don't forget the camera its good so that u can watch your progression and to share your wrecks with the resst of us. good luck and just remember it takes time nothing is ever as easy as it looks
Camera is also really good to show you that youre not as high as you think you are. Before I saw myself on video I thought I was easily at 11 and on my way to loopin it and realized I was more like 9 and no where close lol. Camera is definitely recommended.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:33 PM
FTP

classic customs is a decent person

Yeah i don't do stuff like that on the highway, cause I don't like reckless tickets.
But I can't rock a wheelie at 30 mph, I'm having a hell of a time clutching it up. I can power wheelie most of the time but those won't lift up till like 35 mph.
What rpms should I be at to clutch it?

I know theres a search function, but i can't get it to work, i dont know if its blocked at work, or if its down right now
Originally Posted by scott3824
stop power wheelies immediately. just practice on clutching it up in 1st and 2nd. you can clutch it up at any speed/rpm, if you are going slower or have lower rpms you will need a more abrupt clutch up .... don't panic because you are never as high as it feels, if you think you are too high hit the rear brake.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:37 PM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

Originally Posted by scott3824
work on your throttle control, clutch ups and rear brake control first ....
+1848 start by clutching it up a little bit and then hitting the brake, help gives u a feel. then get higher and higher. also slow start turning the idle up when you feel more comfortable
Old 04-07-2009, 05:58 PM

Foose is a decent person

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
Camera is also really good to show you that youre not as high as you think you are. Before I saw myself on video I thought I was easily at 11 and on my way to loopin it and realized I was more like 9 and no where close lol. Camera is definitely recommended.
Yah before I watched my self on camera I coulda swore it felt like I was at 12 and about to loop my ****... then I watched and relised I was just at about 9 oclock to lol...

Yes pow pows are bad and will get you to loop your **** hard.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:13 PM

gixer7fitty is a decent person

get your cage on and 12/round bar also.... adjust idle to bout 3k hover your brake and giver. it feels really weird when it comes up and you are gonna feel like you too high and out of control. your brain tells u to let go the throttle. it takes a while to remember your rear brake and keep on the gas while the bike comes to 12. That is where i am now and thankfully have some experienced ppl to help me. they wont let me get a handbrake till i master the og style.... i am finding it really hard but will keep at it like you will!! good luck man.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:19 PM
www.frontiercycle.com

jebova2301 is a decent person

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
I was more like 9 and no where close
ummm...maybe im just really stupid, but isnt 9oclock where i normally ride? i mean, doesnt that put both tires on the ground? sdf...here is your chance to school me for being stupid if im wrong
Old 04-07-2009, 07:04 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by jebova2301
ummm...maybe im just really stupid, but isnt 9oclock where i normally ride? i mean, doesnt that put both tires on the ground? sdf...here is your chance to school me for being stupid if im wrong
exactly lol. okay maybe 10
Old 04-07-2009, 07:25 PM

ScreamU2Sleep is a decent person

Originally Posted by jebova2301

come to think of it your right...

My ;
You need 2 crash cages one will mount to your bike and the other will amount to and hand full of your friends to get video, drive you to the hospital if you do crash and also tell you that you suck...
get the 12 bar, looks cool.
oh and tip over mod will be needed...

COVER YOUR REAR FOOT BRAKE!!!

Start off clutching up at about 5mph or as slow as you can go in a straight line without to much steering correction. This will keep you from coming up when the bike is tilted slightly to left or right...
Once you have gotten the feel for the bike jumping up and not slowly lofting up and timing with throttle snap and clutch release then you can start to work on the hight of your front wheel by clutching harder with more throttle.
At this point you should be clutching up to the point where you must start to close the throttle, where the front end feels really light. (you should be looking down the fork tubes, fork tubes parallel to the ground)
Once you can ride the wheelie at a speed that only increases slowly you are getting close to balance point. A slight bit more throttle will put you there. After that its all feel... light brake inputs when you feel as if you are going to loop and be smooth on the throttle.
Good luck and take your time...
Old 04-08-2009, 04:57 AM

phxRRkid will become famous soon enough

haven't used brake control yet, i'm brand new to this more or less. any links on how to deactivate that tip sensor on an 08 cbr?
i don't know honda's real well, but try the link to this thread.

tip over sensor
Old 04-08-2009, 09:01 AM
Never to late to elevate

OldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant futureOldManJimmy has a brilliant future

Hey guys,
I've got a 2008 cbr600rr. I've been riding for two years, and I'm interested in getting into stunting a little bit..
Just ordered a sprocket set for my bike its like -1 +10 or so.
What other mods would you suggest? Would I be okay with race rails, or do I need a crash cage?
And is a cbr600 a decent bike to do a few stunts on?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Get a pit bike and practice on it. Making mistakes on it hurt way less, not to mention they are almost indestructible too.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:14 AM

flhottie626 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just started stunting myself but alot of things the boys have told me that help Are always Cover your BRAKES AND CLUTCH!!! get a cage and take off your plastics for sure. i wouldnt get a 12 bar because those things are like axes flying at you if you ever crash, get a round bar. if your going to get a subcage get OMR i love mine. get an oil pickup for when you really start doing wheelies. Take baby steps... AND NEVER RIDE ALONE!!
Old 04-08-2009, 09:16 AM

flhottie626 is an unknown quantity at this point

oh yeah... FULLY GEAR UP