stunt/race tires

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 01:21 AM

Desperado is a decent person
stunt/race tires

im looking for a set of tires to buy that work well for both stunting and road racing. im trying to stay away from shinko's but i hear diablo's work well for both. any suggestions??
Old 04-06-2009, 01:34 AM
unemployment anonymous

wheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the rough
Re: stunt/race tires

there are no tires that will do either thing you want . . . they just dont make them maybe some day the tire gods will strike down on the michelin man and say here have a rubber until then we all sit and pray
Old 04-06-2009, 01:41 AM

**** it im just going to get some metzler's
Old 04-06-2009, 01:46 AM
unemployment anonymous

wheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Desperado
**** it im just going to get some metzler's
***** try using the search function theres like 40000000001 threads out there on tires
Old 04-06-2009, 01:47 AM

lol ill hit that up
Old 04-06-2009, 01:51 AM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough
Talking Re: stunt/race tires

im looking for a set of tires to buy that work well for both stunting and road racing. im trying to stay away from shinko's but i hear diablo's work well for both. any suggestions??
good luck with that, stunting and road racing go together about as good as cops and wheelies
Old 04-06-2009, 01:56 AM
unemployment anonymous

Originally Posted by 50slut
good luck with that, stunting and road racing go together about as good as cops and wheelies
not to give him any help but as far as front tires go most people run pilot powers on the front and alot run them on the track. . . as far as rear tires go powers are nice for the road racing but if you do burnouts then there garbage for stunting cuz they get hot and hook up

but road racing you murder the sides the parts of the tires that you waste racing you will never use stunting unless your running like 10 psi. and i know there are guys who use race take offs.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:57 AM
www.cycletreads.co.nz

Kevmo7 is a decent person

Pilot Powers

ive taken my motard out on the track a couple times, and its been awesome
Old 04-06-2009, 02:00 AM
BiG AzZ sQuID

Frankenstein929 is a decent person

I ride all year, I stunt my daily driver and by driver i mean wheelies on the street all day... I just ran the Shinko Advanced... Its the old pilot power treat pattern and the compound is a little harder so it does take a little longer to get warm but once you get it there its not bad... and it lasted me 4-5 months i do about 15 thousand miles a year....

Everyone likes diff tires... its like politics... we all want diff things from our tires... I never liked shinkos and bashed them but i like the advance and i run Pilot powers new or race take off... And whatever is free at the pile
Old 04-06-2009, 02:03 AM

it sux because i love to hit the track and then when im not racing i love to wheelie at the warehouses with all the guys that blow me out of the water stunting. im running metzlers now and they are great on the track but when i clutch it in second it alwyas spins before it grabs!!
Old 04-06-2009, 02:04 AM

kwbulldog1 is a decent person

pilot powers 2ct???
Old 04-06-2009, 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by frankenstein929
i ride all year, i stunt my daily driver and by driver i mean wheelies on the street all day... I just ran the shinko advanced... Its the old pilot power treat pattern and the compound is a little harder so it does take a little longer to get warm but once you get it there its not bad... And it lasted me 4-5 months i do about 15 thousand miles a year....

Everyone likes diff tires... Its like politics... We all want diff things from our tires... I never liked shinkos and bashed them but i like the advance and i run pilot powers new or race take off... And whatever is free at the pile
+1237
Old 04-06-2009, 02:08 AM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

Talking Re: stunt/race tires

Originally Posted by wheelburns
not to give him any help but as far as front tires go most people run pilot powers on the front and alot run them on the track. . . as far as rear tires go powers are nice for the road racing but if you do burnouts then there garbage for stunting cuz they get hot and hook up

but road racing you murder the sides the parts of the tires that you waste racing you will never use stunting unless your running like 10 psi. and i know there are guys who use race take offs.

yes i know that, im talking about the clashing of crowds between the 2 and the fact that using the same bike for both stunting and road racing will not last long the end result will be a stuntbike, so why not just make stunting top priority anyway
Old 04-06-2009, 02:17 AM

yes i know that, im talking about the clashing of crowds between the 2 and the fact that using the same bike for both stunting and road racing will not last long the end result will be a stuntbike, so why not just make stunting top priority anyway

lol that's probably what ill do anyways!!
Old 04-06-2009, 02:19 AM

it sux because i love to hit the track and then when im not racing i love to wheelie at the warehouses with all the guys that blow me out of the water stunting. im running metzlers now and they are great on the track but when i clutch it in second it alwyas spins before it grabs!!

I'm not sure if thats really your tires fault... How much pressure you run while you're stunting? Cause if you are trying to clutch it up with how much psi you run at the track (I hear most go36/40?) then you'll probly spin out moe time than not. I'm not sure what most other guys run while stunting but I go like 20-23 rear cause then I can still dig into the curves on the back roads pretty well. I used to have ride with 0 before I got that green Slime stuff cause ma tire was flat but it wasn't that bad. Stuff works like a charm.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:39 AM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

lol that's probably what ill do anyways!!
no hate just posting my but you do like in the NO wheelie capital of the united states
Old 04-06-2009, 02:41 AM

no hate just posting my but you do like in the NO wheelie capital of the united states
i know this place is horrible with cops!! i did a wheelie in front of some cops but got away but i can only imagine what they would have done. FTP
Old 04-06-2009, 02:57 AM
Stunt Lifes Biggest Hater

Cworley is a decent person

Originally Posted by kwbulldog1
I'm not sure if thats really your tires fault... How much pressure you run while you're stunting? Cause if you are trying to clutch it up with how much psi you run at the track (I hear most go36/40?) then you'll probly spin out moe time than not. I'm not sure what most other guys run while stunting but I go like 20-23 rear cause then I can still dig into the curves on the back roads pretty well. I used to have ride with 0 before I got that green Slime stuff cause ma tire was flat but it wasn't that bad. Stuff works like a charm.

+1 check your tire pressure for that spinning stuff... my 07 used to bust lose all the time... espeacially if your doing power wheelies all throttle control..... no brake or clutch....... but if your gonna wheelie let that pressure way down ... and then if your racing put w.e. you normal run in it.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:11 AM

so with all that being said then what is a great front and rear stunt tire!!
Old 04-06-2009, 03:17 AM
www.frontiercycle.com

jebova2301 is a decent person

so with all that being said then what is a great front and rear stunt tire!!
anything you can find in the pile in the back of the dealership that looks decent

Quick Reply: stunt/race tires