905 cages - Anyone still rock'n them?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 12:53 PM
Life is a Risk so Live It

OnPoint is a decent person
905 cages - Anyone still rock'n them?

I'm just curious, does anyone use a 905 cage, and I mean the new design. I know their first design sucked *****, but I have been using the 2nd beefer design on my F4i for over 2 years and I'm pretty happy with it. I have beat the **** out of it as I had this during the time I was learning and it has taken many hard hits from the bar to the ground yet it's still in decent shape.

When I go to the stunt spot everyone rags on these cages so I wanted to see what you guys though.

P.S. I know the S.I. and T.S. are the best cages available today.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:25 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: 905 cages - Anyone still rock'n them?

I had the new design on my gsxr before i sold it. first big dropped it bent the cage and stripped out the motor mounts
Old 03-24-2009, 02:05 PM

Who else has experience with these cages. Good or bad
Old 03-24-2009, 02:16 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

After time and time again hearing bad reviews, WHY RISK IT?

are 905 cages like 1/4 the price of SI?

Is there something special about them that makes you want to be the one that takes a risk?

Just get **** that is known to be a good product..

You don't go buying a cadillac northstar v8 for reliability!
Old 03-24-2009, 02:20 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
I had the new design on my gsxr before i sold it. first big dropped it bent the cage and stripped out the motor mounts
As far as I know the new design was just made in the last few months......... You sure you had the new one?
Old 03-24-2009, 02:26 PM

Scotty7one7 is a decent person

starboyz, ed1000 and gse nick use them, yeah they were prolly free to them but still, ed and nick rock custom bikes that run a pretty penny and they put truct in the new cages...run what u like...i rock powers race railz....people rag on me for using powers, i dont care...looks good and so far has worked good...do u really care what people think? if u do then get a si or ts
Old 03-24-2009, 02:32 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kah707
do u really care what people think? if u do then get a si or ts
It's not just about what people 'think' its about what WORKS.

IF you wanna run race railz, go ahead.. But when you flip your bike across the lot and rip your motor mounts out and break a stator cover, and everyone else keeps on riding, then you might think about switching.
Or you can make the same mistake again.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:33 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

my 905 cage is holding up remarkably well....it's a newer design, but i don't think it's the "new" design, i got it last fall, as long as all the bolts stay tight, 905 has a pretty solid design, i've been throwing my bike pretty hard since not riding much this past winter....

Name:  492467203_YZxux-L.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  82.2 KB

Name:  IMG_0129.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  102.8 KB
Name:  IMG_0123.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  65.4 KB
Old 03-24-2009, 02:34 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Towlieee
It's not just about what people 'think' its about what WORKS.

IF you wanna run race railz, go ahead.. But when you flip your bike across the lot and rip your motor mounts out and break a stator cover, and everyone else keeps on riding, then you might think about switching.
Or you can make the same mistake again.
Have you ever used race rails? One of the bikes down here that gets wrecked more and harder than any other bike down here runs MXD race rails and they hold up better than just about anything else I've seen.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:37 PM

SIC J is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nags
As far as I know the new design was just made in the last few months......... You sure you had the new one?
i highly doubt he had the new design cuz as of like 3 months ago, they only had the new design made for the 06 GSXR and it was on Warren's bike. I actually saw it for the first time in person this past weekend.

its MUCH slimmer and looks stronger than the previous design. now i gotta talk to Aaron about getting the new design. i've beat the **** out of the old designs and never had an issue. the new design looks much better.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:40 PM

SmokechecK is a decent person

I have the newest design and it is doing really well. I had a few really hard drops learning circles and SS, and don't even have a scratch on them.... just the pucks. They also keep my levers from touching, as well as anything else in the front. OMR subcage is protecting the rear. Reinforced corners help a lot too. Only negative I have so far is the bolts vibrating loose every now and then.... but I just tighten them back up.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by SIC J
i highly doubt he had the new design cuz as of like 3 months ago, they only had the new design made for the 06 GSXR and it was on Warren's bike. I actually saw it for the first time in person this past weekend.
Thats what I was thinking
Old 03-24-2009, 02:41 PM
Administrators

WHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for rep

I had a 905 on my last 900 and it took a beating for sure.. dropped from
12 (more times than I want to tell you guys.. ) and Never broke ****.
I went and got me another one for this 900...

My question is my last 905 cage didn't have the 905 logo in it... and my new
one does, did they not put there logo in on the older ones???
Old 03-24-2009, 02:48 PM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough

my old 905 i had on my R6 took a beating, but about the only riders i see runnin em is sponsored riders or people who bought a bike that already had the 905 cage on it
Old 03-24-2009, 02:48 PM

Have you ever used race rails? One of the bikes down here that gets wrecked more and harder than any other bike down here runs MXD race rails and they hold up better than just about anything else I've seen.
I didn't even know the MXD was considered race rails, I thought it was a cage since it hooked to the front motor mount..

I personally run a MXD design, slapped it together with scrap tube, I think its a sick design.. (mxd that is, my cage is gaaabage but works lol, and only cost me $12 in steel)
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/7903/img0407e.jpg

Last edited by Towlieee; 03-24-2009 at 02:57 PM.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:56 PM

Mikey SBF will become famous soon enoughMikey SBF will become famous soon enough

oh hell yes i do, and the round bar
Old 03-24-2009, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by SIC J

its MUCH slimmer and looks stronger than the previous design. now i gotta talk to Aaron about getting the new design. i've beat the **** out of the old designs and never had an issue. the new design looks much better.
When I say "new" I mean their 2nd design. The 1st one was super crap. I had it on an R6 and after just a few hard hits, the cage bent so bad it took my friend and I using a huge pry bar to get it off the bike. I didn't even know that they came out with another design just recently.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Towlieee
After time and time again hearing bad reviews, WHY RISK IT?

are 905 cages like 1/4 the price of SI?

Is there something special about them that makes you want to be the one that takes a risk?

Just get **** that is known to be a good product..

You don't go buying a cadillac northstar v8 for reliability!

I understand what your saying, but I'm not looking to by one. I already have one. I just wanted to see what other people, who are using them, think about them. I've had so many people tell me they are garbage and I wanted to see why, as I have no complaints.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:34 PM

Ringmaster72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kah707
starboyz, ed1000 and gse nick use them, yeah they were prolly free to them but still, ed and nick rock custom bikes that run a pretty penny and they put truct in the new cages...run what u like...i rock powers race railz....people rag on me for using powers, i dont care...looks good and so far has worked good...do u really care what people think? if u do then get a si or ts

Say what you want about Powers' cust. service, but their products are good. I have SI now, but I have had Powers in the past and in my opinion, their stuff has the best looking welds and look the nicest.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:36 PM

SIC J is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OnPoint
When I say "new" I mean their 2nd design. The 1st one was super crap. I had it on an R6 and after just a few hard hits, the cage bent so bad it took my friend and I using a huge pry bar to get it off the bike. I didn't even know that they came out with another design just recently.
key word here is A FEW HARD HITS.... seriously, you guys get cages and think your bike is now going to be undistructible. ANY cage if its takes a good hit at the right angle, kiss that **** good bye. and make sure everytime you go ride, you tighten up your bolts. thats usually the biggest issue with people breaking ****.

Quick Reply: 905 cages - Anyone still rock'n them?