R6 set up. help me marky martinek

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 11:51 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light
R6 set up. help me marky martinek

looks like im gonna be picking up an 05 r6 in the next few days. i had an 03 before but that was straight squid sauce highway burning. i dont need the usual gay info like cages and gearin stuff cuz i already know what im rolling with that. clip ons, can you flip the stockers, if not can you put on 636 clip ons. i really dont wanna go with aftermarkets cuz im cheap. tank denting, i dented my 03 back when i was retarded and did a horrible job, is there any tips on how now to get creases where those ridges are and does the splash gaurd hit?.....hmmm any other set up tips, oh does anyone know if the swingarm spools are the same size as kawis? cuz i already have a set from my 636. any other helpful advice, tips tricks would be appreciated.

disclaimer: if you cant ride as well or better than me i dont wanna hear your mouth. i like to hear from ppl who know what theyre doing.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:58 PM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

ATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud of
Re: R6 set up. help me marky martinek

well i can ride way better than you Squid so you best take my advice . the clipons you can flip and switch left to right. it looks kinda goofy but they work pretty well. and for the gas tank good luck with that thing i tried to do a buddy's and the creases were a bitch to work with. and if you get to carried away you will get cracks and end up with gas ***. Post some pics when you get her done then hit me up for a subframe
Old 03-24-2009, 12:02 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ATOWN1101
well i can ride way better than you Squid so you best take my advice . the clipons you can flip and switch left to right. it looks kinda goofy but they work pretty well. and for the gas tank good luck with that thing i tried to do a buddy's and the creases were a bitch to work with. and if you get to carried away you will get cracks and end up with gas ***. Post some pics when you get her done then hit me up for a subframe
yep i need subframe and cage so hit my pm with the players club deal lol.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:04 AM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

ATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
yep i need subframe and cage so hit my pm with the players club deal lol.
let me no when your ready and ill work out some #rs
Old 03-24-2009, 12:08 AM

John LegionST is a decent person

neil just so you know yamaha makes the shittiest weak stock clip-os, ive seen them break easy and would be scared to hang on to them in a speader or something if they've even hit the ground once
Old 03-24-2009, 12:11 AM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

Originally Posted by John LegionST
neil just so you know yamaha makes the shittiest weak stock clip-os, ive seen them break easy and would be scared to hang on to them in a speader or something if they've even hit the ground once
+1 i heard this as well
Old 03-24-2009, 12:18 AM

ahh yah thats true i did hear that a while back. maybe ill rock the 636's then. i really dont like how aftermarket clip ons push the bar in front of the fork, makes less clearance.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:27 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

yep throw the stockers away , they will kill you , as far as the tank goes just use a small rubber mallet and a little at a time working your way back and forth ..

oh wait i don't know if i ride good enough to comment in this thread
Old 03-24-2009, 02:37 AM

b16_rex is a decent person

well i dont guess i should be commenting cause i no im not good but i do have a r6. Yes 05 r6 is the only year out of that body style that has the inverted forks so yes 636 clip ons will work. As for the splash guard hitting when you dent the tank yes it does you have to cut it out. And for some reason i wanna say that the spools are 6mm not sure off the tom of my head can check tom and let ya no. And if your running ff try and get a fairing stay also stock ones are weak as hell also.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by old man roger
yep throw the stockers away , they will kill you , as far as the tank goes just use a small rubber mallet and a little at a time working your way back and forth ..

oh wait i don't know if i ride good enough to comment in this thread
you should know better squidward
Old 03-24-2009, 02:48 AM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

+1 dude in az(wheeliest) had one snap just riding down the road. Savage Lin had a badass r6, but it had tons of $$$ in a custom subframe and a reinforced frame
Old 03-24-2009, 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by *Tanus*
+1 dude in az(wheeliest) had one snap just riding down the road. Savage Lin had a badass r6, but it had tons of $$$ in a custom subframe and a reinforced frame
i dont plan on doing anything to the frame im pretty easy on my bikes but im def hooking up with an atowncustoms subframe.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:15 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

i have seen mitch adams, t-neck, wilson and a few others clip ons break in a wheelie. **** the stockers you cheap **** and buy something that will not kill you

and i use to be able to ride better than you so
Old 03-24-2009, 06:31 AM
Hate Hate Hate!

T-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really nice

a lot of +1's I could throw out.

636 clipons will be fine. def. ditch the stockers OR have a bead of weld ran around the seam where the bar attaches to the fork clamp. thats where they break. Your call.

I have yet to put any type of aftermarket subframe on (potential sponsors apply via PM lol), however mine is cracked. (after a stoppie flip, and multiple nasty hits. Its surprisingly strong with a set of subties installed. (mine were made from two pieces of flatstock bent in a vise ) Im still currently running the original subframe from 07.

Cop an aftermarket stay ASAP.

as far as the tank dent goes, i didnt cut ****. just a clean Otown dent, finished with a body hammer and bondo, no creases. take your time. in fact, my filler nozzlemajiggy isnt even bottoming out on the tank.

other then these things, everything else is personal preference.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:35 AM

416exstroker is an unknown quantity at this point

yea deff a new stay bc there garbage, mine cracked from a light tip over....clipons a must to......as far *** the tank like tneck said take your time mine came out mint but my filler is close to the airbox....the cress's will come out just work them from the middle out..
Old 03-24-2009, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Suicidl
i have seen mitch adams, t-neck, wilson and a few others clip ons break in a wheelie. **** the stockers you cheap **** and buy something that will not kill you

youre still my hero

Originally Posted by T-NECK
a lot of +1's I could throw out.

636 clipons will be fine. def. ditch the stockers OR have a bead of weld ran around the seam where the bar attaches to the fork clamp. thats where they break. Your call.

I have yet to put any type of aftermarket subframe on (potential sponsors apply via PM lol), however mine is cracked. (after a stoppie flip, and multiple nasty hits. Its surprisingly strong with a set of subties installed. (mine were made from two pieces of flatstock bent in a vise ) Im still currently running the original subframe from 07.

Cop an aftermarket stay ASAP.

as far as the tank dent goes, i didnt cut ****. just a clean Otown dent, finished with a body hammer and bondo, no creases. take your time. in fact, my filler nozzlemajiggy isnt even bottoming out on the tank.

other then these things, everything else is personal preference.
funny thing is that i flipped a stoppie on my 03 and broke the stay and used some sheetmetal screws to screw it back together (broke into 3 pieces) and it stayed like that for the 2 years i owned the bike lol. but yah ill prob just wait till it breaks before i grab one of those.

so for the tank dent did you stomp the gas cap down first with your foot to start it? cuz thats how i usually do them and then work back and out with a deadblow hammer.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:51 AM

moto924 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Suicidl

that **** hurts
Old 03-24-2009, 11:37 AM

Ringmaster72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
youre still my hero

funny thing is that i flipped a stoppie on my 03 and broke the stay and used some sheetmetal screws to screw it back together (broke into 3 pieces) and it stayed like that for the 2 years i owned the bike lol. but yah ill prob just wait till it breaks before i grab one of those.

so for the tank dent did you stomp the gas cap down first with your foot to start it? cuz thats how i usually do them and then work back and out with a deadblow hammer.
I like to use a rubber mallet and put a thick catalog or thin phone book on the tank and hit it. That way your dent comes out smoother and takes less of an impact. But I am not as good as you, so you can take my advice as you wish, LMAO.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:43 AM

Ringmaster72 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am pretty sure I know the answer to this, but please tell me you are still going to rock full fairing.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Ringmaster72
I like to use a rubber mallet and put a thick catalog or thin phone book on the tank and hit it. That way your dent comes out smoother and takes less of an impact. But I am not as good as you, so you can take my advice as you wish, LMAO.
see thats the thing. im not tank dent retarded, i can do it pretty good actually. but some tanks are different, and the r6 tank has some serious ridges on top that throw some curveballs into the mix. so i was just seeing if anyone whos done an r6 tank well had any tips for that particular tank. and yes of course im riding ff, i might even go mirrors this year

Quick Reply: R6 set up. help me marky martinek