changing tires...any good less expensive tire changing tools?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 04:57 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: changing tires...any good less expensive tire changing tools?

imagine what would happen if you pushed the two handles together , take me about 5 minutes to change a tire

Last edited by old man roger; 04-06-2009 at 05:01 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:12 PM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

i just bought a bead breaker today. it's a plastic wedge you set on the bead and hit with a hammer. jay fury used it on my bike took him 5 min to take off and put the new one on and put air in it. before i took it to him i tried running it over with the honda pilot, jumping on it, cutting it, hitting it. my dumbass couldn't get it off until that bead breaking. $20
Old 04-06-2009, 05:13 PM
cops lie

austinz400 is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a nomar tire changer its the **** if you like easy. its about $800
Old 04-06-2009, 05:16 PM
unemployment anonymous

wheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the rough

we have a no mar that we all went in on . . . . it was like 670 shipped and it will do most wheels and tires for bikes cars ect . . . .
Old 04-06-2009, 05:17 PM
unemployment anonymous

wheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the rough

omr for artist of the year
Old 04-06-2009, 05:18 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by old man roger
imagine what would happen if you pushed the two handles together , take me about 5 minutes to change a tire
uh. i dont get it. use the lip of the rim as a fulcrum and the tire lever pushes on the other to pop the bead off?

oh and for everybody heres how to diy balancing
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TenKamfQ8h4[/YOUTUBE]
Old 04-06-2009, 05:21 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

does that actually work?

I've tried it with pry bars, and I have people tell me they just use a crow bar.. but I couldn't ever get it
Old 04-06-2009, 05:27 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Towlieee
does that actually work?

I've tried it with pry bars, and I have people tell me they just use a crow bar.. but I couldn't ever get it
i push the two handles together and it breaks the bead
Old 04-06-2009, 05:29 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by wheelburns
omr for artist of the year
took me forever to draw that too
Old 04-06-2009, 05:43 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

i push the two handles together and it breaks the bead
I always just slip out of the bead before it comes off
Old 04-06-2009, 05:56 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by Towlieee
I always just slip out of the bead before it comes off
the trick is to not let the bottom one aim down , you have to keep it level and pull the top one down to the bottom one ...
once you get it right it's butter
Old 04-06-2009, 06:08 PM

took me forever to draw that too
Old 04-06-2009, 06:10 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by DIRTYJEFF636s
<<<<< not a computer guy
Old 04-06-2009, 06:50 PM

<<<<< not a computer guy
i'm not saying i could do any better
Old 04-06-2009, 08:55 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

still dont get it. lol.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:11 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by Danger_Dave
still dont get it. lol.
you put a flat screw driver between the rim and the tire then you slide a prybar or crow bar in between the screw driver and the rim and squeeze , the bend on the crowbar will act like a fulcrum and push the screwdriver down breaking the bead of the tire ..
Old 04-06-2009, 09:13 PM
also known as OMR

i have also seen people use a shovel to brake the bead , they put the tip of the shovel on the tire right up next to the rim and jump on the shovel ..
Old 04-06-2009, 09:31 PM

Artiom can only hope to improve

I've seen people use trucks or vans to brake the beat,shovels and all kids ****.just whatever works for u man
Old 04-06-2009, 09:33 PM
also known as OMR

there was a thread on here where a guy used a couple 2x4's bolted to the wall in his garage ..lol

it worked good if i remember correctly
Old 04-06-2009, 10:13 PM

blinkybill04 is a decent person

about balancing them..... do you guys even do that step? or just say screw it? for a mostly stunt bike does it really matter that much?

Quick Reply: changing tires...any good less expensive tire changing tools?