need help with stand ups

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 07:38 PM

vasponger is a decent person
need help with stand ups

This is the thing.

I Just went out to a lot today for about a hour to mess around and try to learn to put my leg back on the rear sub frame cage peg and the right leg on brake and start slow in 1st and gas up . But when i keep my foot on brake when it gets almost to balance point my foot hits the brake. I dont mean to hit it , I guess maybe when i get to that point the brake just comes to my foot and hits it on the way up. But I Just need help learning to get to balance point. Some say clutch up from a stop in 1st but then some are saying just gas it up.

my set up is 04 gsxr 10 up in rear, stock front. dirt bars, no hand brake, round bar , cage and sub cage.

Any help would be great. Also would it be easier to put my foot in the rear seat hole instead of on the rear peg
Old 03-22-2009, 07:44 PM

JFox is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: need help with stand ups

im doing the same exact thing lol but i dont know wtf im doing wrong just know its not working so ....ima keep trying to i ******* get it right..

no advice really works for this cause your instincts takes over to hit the back break..just gotta break yaself out the habit, which im currently trying to do.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:45 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future

Clutch it up, don't just gas it and do power wheelie.
You can adjust the brake lever position by loosen/tighten the nut on the bottom so its in a position you like

Try foot in seat and see if you like it, if you rode quads you may like it better than on peg
Old 03-22-2009, 07:48 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

go from a dead stop and get it high as you can fast as you can , i know this sounds stupid but the quicker you get to balance point the slower you will be going when you get there....

eventually you will crash and it's better to crash at 5 mph than it is to crash at 30 mph so clutch that thing up as high and quick as you can , hitting the brake by mistake is better than not hitting it at all..lol maybe lower your brake lever a little so your not riding it by mistake
Old 03-22-2009, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by mofat01
You can adjust the brake lever position by loosen/tighten the nut on the bottom so its in a position you like

Try foot in seat and see if you like it, if you rode quads you may like it better than on peg
Yeah i Just been trying to do slow wheelies. I been riding for a while just never got into stunting or had the time to practice. But yeah I can walk quads with no problem on balance point but I put my foot in the rear 12bar on the quads and clutch it up. But yeah ill try to use the rear seat instead of the peg. I let a little air out of the tire to. Guess its like a quad once u get that point once or twice it becomes instinct to know where to bring it to
Old 03-22-2009, 07:53 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

quads the best way to learn brake control if you ask me
Old 03-22-2009, 07:56 PM

yeah but on the quad i never used a brake, I learned to just balance it out with out hitting it at 12. Guess its one of those things just going to have to get back out there tomm and try to clutch it up with foot in rear. does seem better that way probley. Will see after work. I think my boy got a few clips on his phone of me trying today. Ill see
Old 03-22-2009, 08:20 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by vasponger
yeah but on the quad i never used a brake, I learned to just balance it out with out hitting it at 12. Guess its one of those things just going to have to get back out there tomm and try to clutch it up with foot in rear. does seem better that way probley. Will see after work. I think my boy got a few clips on his phone of me trying today. Ill see
well youre gonna wanna use the brake ....might be a good idea to use the quad to learn
Old 03-22-2009, 09:02 PM

yeah i got the hang of using brake , just on the quad really never needed to use it. I will post a little vid up after i give it a shot after work tomm
Old 03-22-2009, 09:06 PM
motarded

jordanv3122 is a decent person

i just started takin the 636 to the lots practicing idle. you will definately need to know how to use the brake. i clutch up from a dead stop or just barely rolling. like said before the faster you get it up the slower you go. once your up if you are still pickin up speed roll on the throttle a bit and get on the brake and you will slow down. try to be smooth with the throttle. im just learning this stuff so thats all i can help you with lol. i was doing sitdowns and staggered and foot in seat. i get frusterated and bored tryin the same exact thing each time.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:07 PM
motarded

jordanv3122 is a decent person

i had the idle at 3k.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:07 PM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

my problem was i never had the idle high enough. turn the idle up and practice practice practice
Old 03-22-2009, 09:30 PM

yeah my idel is a bitch to get to, I think I got to tank the tank off to reach it, its not like the old school bikes with the idel hanging out the side to just turn. mine is set at 2 right now

and how much air pressure should i run to work on slow ones
Old 03-22-2009, 09:33 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by vasponger
yeah my idel is a bitch to get to, I think I got to tank the tank off to reach it, its not like the old school bikes with the idel hanging out the side to just turn. mine is set at 2 right now

and how much air pressure should i run to work on slow ones
turning the idle up will smooth you out sooooooo much as long as you have brake control

i don't know about the 04 gsxr but the older gsxrs needed an idle cable from an srad style gsxr , you take out the idle stop screw and replace it with the idle cable and you are set ...
Old 03-22-2009, 09:49 PM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice

Originally Posted by mofat01

shut up SQUID!!!!!!!! foot on/in the seat is not a way for a noob to learn!!!!!! the dude will get wobbly and eat ****!

what the **** is with all these squids today wanting to learn in a parking lot??? good idea!!!! lets go do pow pows into curbs! ******* morons! punch yourself in the face!
Old 03-22-2009, 09:57 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by YSRRider
shut up SQUID!!!!!!!! foot on/in the seat is not a way for a noob to learn!!!!!! the dude will get wobbly and eat ****!

what the **** is with all these squids today wanting to learn in a parking lot??? good idea!!!! lets go do pow pows into curbs! ******* morons! punch yourself in the face!
you haven't been squid sqwooshing in a while you are extra nasty today must have let it build up for too long
Old 03-22-2009, 10:00 PM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice

im filling in for STOCK05