circle wheelie direction

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 08:39 PM

Yamaha32088 is a decent person
circle wheelie direction

when riding a staggered wheelie left foot on rear left peg and right covering rear brake is it easier to go to the left or right i just watched a couple videos and it seems like everyone goes to the left when they do them like that and i only feel comfortable going to the right whenever i try to lean my bike to the right in that position i am usually unsuccessful and when i do get it to lean it only does it for not even a 1/4 turn before it straightens up and wants to throw me off.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:42 PM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person
Re: circle wheelie direction

go the way that feels comfortable for you
Old 03-21-2009, 08:42 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Yamaha32088
when riding a staggered wheelie left foot on rear left peg and right covering rear brake is it easier to go to the left or right i just watched a couple videos and it seems like everyone goes to the left when they do them like that and i only feel comfortable going to the right whenever i try to lean my bike to the right in that position i am usually unsuccessful and when i do get it to lean it only does it for not even a 1/4 turn before it straightens up and wants to throw me off.
its easier to do the first 1/4 turn going right which is why alot of ppl start out going that way. it takes a bit more commitment to turn it left but going left, once learned, is the better way to go. i have found in my experience that ppl trying to circle right, will spend alot more time doing recon circles than real circles compared to ppl going to the left. but everyone learns a little different so just commit to learning one way and keep at it.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:43 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
its easier to do the first 1/4 turn going right which is why alot of ppl start out going that way. it takes a bit more commitment to turn it left but going left, once learned, is the better way to go. i have found in my experience that ppl trying to circle right, will spend alot more time doing recon circles than real circles compared to ppl going to the left. but everyone learns a little different so just commit to learning one way and keep at it.
+1 what I noticed, on people doing right hand recons and calling them circles

I learned left, but thats just how I learned on my 50... Now I'm stuck on left, I do right hand recons about 20 foot wide and tight left hands
Old 03-21-2009, 09:02 PM
Bacons Hot, Need a Spot

cjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud of

I ended up learning to the right, pushin the right peg n pushin the brake turnin right. Trying left now can occasionally get 1. push the bike back in the circle and let some pressure off your left leg when it starts to high side ya.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:04 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

learn both ...
Old 03-21-2009, 09:09 PM
Bacons Hot, Need a Spot

cjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud of

^^^I'm workin on it.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:40 PM
so cal stunters union

g-man FOFC is a decent person

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
i 2nd that
Old 03-21-2009, 10:56 PM

Cincykillz is a decent person

Originally Posted by old man roger
learn both ...

always a plus but my is learn the way you want and eventually learn the other way i know with foot in bar/seat going to the left takes alot of comitment stick with it keep your body with the bike and gas brake gas brake repeats is what helped me good luck MY