Sick Innovations Hardware

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 11:46 AM

kwbulldog1 is a decent person
Sick Innovations Hardware

Just got my cage and I'd first off like to say that the cage is named well because its friggen sick and looks solid. I have an 06 cbr600rr and I wanted to ask (for all of you who have a sick cage), the hardware it came with doesn't fit as snuggly as the original hardware and fits loosely in the holes. Is this anything to worry about or should I just tighten the **** out of it and call it good?
Old 03-19-2009, 01:28 PM

Re: Sick Innovations Hardware

No one?????
Old 03-19-2009, 01:30 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

don't over torque the bolts, or they'll stretch and weaken
Old 03-19-2009, 01:33 PM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: Sick Innovations Hardware

just tighten it and it will be all good
heres directions

F4I Crash Cage Installation

There are several steps to installing your cage.

Please follow these steps carefully.

TOOLS NEEDED

3/8 drive ratchet, extension and 9/16 socket

¼ drive ratchet, extension, and 9/16 socket

8mm Allen socket or T-Handle

For starters, open your hardware kit and identify all of the bolts.

Two Allen bolts for the front mounts. One gold bolt and nut for the lower mount. One long bolt for the rear, and two spacers which are for the left side of the cage at the front and rear engine mounts. Take the two spacers and slide them into the frame on the left side at the front and rear engine mounts. Next you will take one of your Allen bolts and slide it through the front mount of the cage. Take your long rear engine mount bolt and leave one of the nuts on it. Slide it through the rear engine mount first until the front mount bolt can be threaded in. Do NOT snug up the front engine mount bolt yet. Make sure that the rear mount bolt is sticking out of the frame on the other side. Next take your other Allen bolt and run it through the front mount on the right side. Get the rear mount bolt through the mount first and turn the nut down a few turns. Do NOT snug it up yet. Now turn the front engine mount bolt in a few turns. Next you will install the lower gold bolt and nut into the lower mount connecting the two sides. Now you will tighten these up. Then go to the rear mount and tighten it up with the 1/4in drive ratchet and socket. Lastly tighten the front motor mount bolts up and you are finished.

Still having trouble ? Email us
Old 03-19-2009, 01:40 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

he doesnt have an f4i so posting up those instructions might just confuse him as the hardware is prob not exactly the same.

use a torque wrench always. you will regret it if you strip a bolt. i dont know about the newer rr's but my bikes are usually like 40ish ft lbs of torque, which isnt a whole lot.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:46 PM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
he doesnt have an f4i so posting up those instructions might just confuse him as the hardware is prob not exactly the same.

use a torque wrench always. you will regret it if you strip a bolt. i dont know about the newer rr's but my bikes are usually like 40ish ft lbs of torque, which isnt a whole lot.

it should be pretty much the same i have a si cage on both my F4i and RR and +1 on using a torque wrench
Old 03-19-2009, 02:20 PM

1EVLGSX-R is a decent person

post up some pictures of the cage.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:53 PM

ScreamU2Sleep is a decent person

I have an SI cage on my 04 636 and i ended up pulling all hardware out to loctite it... after everyride the cage would be loose but not any more... and yes do use a torque wrench, I set mine at 45ft lbs with a little loctite and its been about a month now without problems. I was also worried about the hardware that it came with but bolted it up and have yet to have a problem with that.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:32 PM

alright thanks alot guys... I didn't really have problems putting it together once I got it all sinched up it seemed pretty stable. But I think I may have to go loosen it a bit now that you guys mention using a torque wrench. Now I just need my sliders cause they forgot to put them in there but I'm sure they will fix that... I hope. I'm worried that they'll think I'mm trying to get a free set out of them cause on the paper it says that they are in there but I have no sliders
Old 05-17-2009, 05:52 PM

BandAidSquid is a splendid one to beholdBandAidSquid is a splendid one to beholdBandAidSquid is a splendid one to beholdBandAidSquid is a splendid one to beholdBandAidSquid is a splendid one to beholdBandAidSquid is a splendid one to beholdBandAidSquid is a splendid one to behold

What do you guys do about your sliders to the si cage? A lot of people don't use them but I've been down both ways and those 2" are nice... At least they make me feel better, but the are expensive! I've only used the plastic is it worth the 60 bones to get the aluminum?
Old 05-17-2009, 06:03 PM

jmrutley is a decent person

Originally Posted by dwminnick
What do you guys do about your sliders to the si cage? A lot of people don't use them but I've been down both ways and those 2" are nice... At least they make me feel better, but the are expensive! I've only used the plastic is it worth the 60 bones to get the aluminum?
i Got a SI cage on my gsxr 07 750 . yeah loctite those bolts and mine fits all snug and is a BI** to get on . i got the sliders i like them but the cage will touch in turns berfore the sliders but i have not pan caked it hard yet.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:29 PM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

ATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dwminnick
get the aluminum ones
Old 05-17-2009, 10:37 PM
myspace.com/atowncustoms

slidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really niceslidewayz89 is just really nice

Originally Posted by ATOWN1101
get the aluminum ones
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This mans **** is top notch A-TOWN all the way.