F4i sprocket help

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 07:49 PM

ClutchClown04 is a decent person
F4i sprocket help

I need a sprocket setup for my 04 f4i I still wanna keep this as a daily driver but wanna pull some slower wheelies, any advice in size and what rpm I will be at on the freeway?
Old 03-17-2009, 07:52 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light
Re: F4i sprocket help

If your just trying to do slow wheelies, keep stock sprockets for now.

changing your gearing makes your bike more twitchy, and if you can't already hold a steady wheelie at around 20mph or slower, then IMO bigger gearing will make it harder to hold a steady wheelie..

I learned on stock, and I think its the easiest way to get smooth on the brake and throttle..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sucTC...e=channel_page
Old 03-17-2009, 07:59 PM

JFox is an unknown quantity at this point

im looking for the same thing.....just spoke with agood friend he explained since i got a 600rr 06..525 is a good chain since its stock and stronger then a 525..get that and maybe go +5 on the back sprocket and i should be good....
Old 03-17-2009, 08:01 PM

ok cool man thanks, So what is easier sit down wheelies or on the back peg. im kinda a newbe if you didnt notice but i just ordered a tygershark cage and recently installed a scotts damper ,so im on the right direction.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Towlieee

changing your gearing makes your bike more twitchy, and if you can't already hold a steady wheelie at around 20mph or slower, then IMO bigger gearing will make it harder to hold a steady wheelie..

I learned on stock, and I think its the easiest way to get smooth on the brake and throttle..
thanx for the vid..just gave me lil insight on staying stock for now although i can maintain a good 20mph....lets see if i can slow her down then upgrade.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by ClutchClown04
ok cool man thanks, So what is easier sit down wheelies or on the back peg. im kinda a newbe if you didnt notice but i just ordered a tygershark cage and recently installed a scotts damper ,so im on the right direction.
sit downs are hard as **** i ******* hate them lmaooo

stand up back pegs are EASYYYYYYYYY well being pissed off at ya GF will make u do anything mad and it be easy lol
Old 03-17-2009, 08:11 PM

ya I think your right at 12 oclock siting down feels a lil uncomfortable
Old 03-17-2009, 08:12 PM
it finally quit raining!!

onewheelboy is a decent person

keep stock or just go -1 in the front its cheap and you dont have to change the chain or anything

stunt ya later
Old 03-17-2009, 08:18 PM
Life is a Risk so Live It

OnPoint is a decent person

Originally Posted by onewheelboy
keep stock or just go -1 in the front its cheap and you dont have to change the chain or anything

stunt ya later
+1
Old 03-17-2009, 08:31 PM
DankerThanYourz

infamousf4i is an unknown quantity at this point

You really dont need a bigger sprocket unless your rocking highchair circles or something of that technical nature where you would need the torque
Old 03-17-2009, 08:42 PM

+1 is good then for learning etcetcetc...why spend the big $...but will you have to extend your chain still?
Old 03-17-2009, 09:34 PM

ok cool I guess I will rock the stock for now. But It would be nice to pull it up on the freeway.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:25 PM

l Bolo l is a decent person

i went down 2 in front and a 52 in back when i learned. it was easier to learn on and still not toooo bad for the street. Down 1 in front would probably have been a little better but i still liked the setup.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:15 PM

DeanD is a decent person

dude i put on a +8 sprocket because i got it for a good price and my chain was fucked, i still think i would have learned faster(by becoming more comfortable with the bike) if i had stayed with a stock sprocket
Old 03-18-2009, 12:20 AM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

ok cool I guess I will rock the stock for now. But It would be nice to pull it up on the freeway.
Gearing isn't for freeway, its for slooow stuff..

I rocked 3rd gear on my f4i with stock gearing, clutching it up at around 60-75mph with stock gearing

Tons of throttle, and dump that clutch... Take it to REV LIMITER with the throttle wide open and just let go of the clutch at 60mph, it'll come up.. Just make sure to roll off the throttle once your up and cover your brake!!!!!!!!

edit: btw I rock a +14 sprocket on my f4i (60t) rear, and I still ride streets/highway daily...

I regularly ride 140+ miles one way on it..
120-128 top speed, and around 9k rpm at 75mph

Even with my bike runing at 9k rpm, the wind noise is still WAY louder the my motor.. Once I get past about 40mph the wind noise takes over.. Adn if I'm on the highway for long distances I just wear either ear plugs, or wear my earbud headphones that act as earplugs (block out almost as much wind/engine noise as ear plugs)

do STAGGARD wheelies to learn.. left foot on passenger peg, right foot on front peg covering the brake...
It's by far the easiest.... Most people learn staggard.. I personally was doing idle staggards before I ever got half decent at sit downs
staggard its a lot easier to move aroudn your bike forward and back and side to side, makes it a lot easier to control IMO..

Last edited by Towlieee; 03-18-2009 at 12:29 AM.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:49 AM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice

I'm gonna have to agree with stock gearing but in my personal expeirence........ 5 teeth up wouldnt be that bad, it takes some stress off the clutch, I blew my clutch basket up in my F4i. It blew up after I put a bigger sprocket on and was trying to clutch up 3rd gears on the streets but I could tell I was hard on it when it was stock.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:38 AM

OK thanks for the advice I will chill on getting the sprocket for now, but it does feel like im being really rough on her when i clutch 2nd. I still havnt tried droping tire pressure how much will this help and how low should I go?
Old 03-18-2009, 05:06 AM
DankerThanYourz

infamousf4i is an unknown quantity at this point

everyone is going to tell you diffrent psi it really has to do on your preference of riding. for now just pop the clutch and cover the rearbrake
Old 03-18-2009, 06:40 PM

^^
like he said alotta people going to tell you different psi....me myself 600rr i ride between 22-28psi.....most the time i stay at 25 idk its in between and comfortable.......
Old 03-18-2009, 07:37 PM

monday518 is just really nicemonday518 is just really nicemonday518 is just really nicemonday518 is just really nicemonday518 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Towlieee

Well aren't you special

Quick Reply: F4i sprocket help