F4i sprocket help

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 07:42 PM

monday518 is just really nicemonday518 is just really nicemonday518 is just really nicemonday518 is just really nicemonday518 is just really nice
Re: F4i sprocket help

And im pretty sure people were gearing there bikes on the street long before they started doing slow stuff fool....its easier on your clutch and easier to get the bike up why wouldnt you want that... So let me get this straight start out on stock gearing because its smoother then gear it later? Why not just learn on a geared bike that way you dont have to get used to it later
Old 03-18-2009, 07:58 PM

JFox is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by monday518
And im pretty sure people were gearing there bikes on the street long before they started doing slow stuff fool....its easier on your clutch and easier to get the bike up why wouldnt you want that... So let me get this straight start out on stock gearing because its smoother then gear it later? Why not just learn on a geared bike that way you dont have to get used to it later
Reason why i ordered my +5 525 setup today lol.....im decent on my stock setup so might aswell accept the challenge and upgrade. better now then later
Old 03-19-2009, 02:35 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by monday518

Easier on the clutch? Lol who cares, if your burn a clutch up in less then 30k miles YOU DID SOMETHING WRONG! And on my f4i with the stock clutch, 3rd gear comes up just fine.. So I don't see why you wouldn't need it to come up any easier? Unless your wanting to do power wheelies... And if your worried about frying $100 clutches, then stunting is NOT the sport for you

If you get good on stock sprockets, it takes about 30 minutes to learn on gearing if your already good on stock.

If you are doing power wheelies, gearing will not help.. Once you are smooth on the throttle, then gear it.
If you aren't smooth already, then gearing wont make you any smoother. So why waste time chopping the throttle.. Get used to riding steady wheelies THEN gear.

I'm not saying you need to scrape or do 5mph wheelies, but if your chasing rev limiter, gearing isn't gonna make you steady.
And I never said I was the first person to ride with or without gearing jack ***. I was showing what can be done while learning on stock gearing.

But since you know soo much about gearing and stuff, and you haven't posted a single video of your own, lets see a video.. Just one.. I'd like to see what gearing has done for you.

My video was before I EVER rode with gearing, never even been on a geared bike before that was shot.. And that was also my first day scraping

Just sharing my 2 cents. But I'd much rather ride a stock geared bike ANYDAY. The only reason I rock gearing is for circles and thats IT

btw, people were riding stock gearing on the freeway ages before anyone rocked gearing on the freeway 'fool'

Originally Posted by YSRRider
I'm gonna have to agree with stock gearing but in my personal expeirence........ 5 teeth up wouldnt be that bad, it takes some stress off the clutch, I blew my clutch basket up in my F4i. It blew up after I put a bigger sprocket on and was trying to clutch up 3rd gears on the streets but I could tell I was hard on it when it was stock.
When you clutch a wheelie you let the clutch out, don't ride it, don't burn it, don't toast it. Pull it in, yut ugh, release, wheelie.

Last edited by Towlieee; 03-19-2009 at 03:02 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:17 PM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice

Originally Posted by Towlieee
Easier on the clutch? Lol who cares, if your burn a clutch up in less then 30k miles YOU DID SOMETHING WRONG! And on my f4i with the stock clutch, 3rd gear comes up just fine.. So I don't see why you wouldn't need it to come up any easier? Unless your wanting to do power wheelies... And if your worried about frying $100 clutches, then stunting is NOT the sport for you

If you get good on stock sprockets, it takes about 30 minutes to learn on gearing if your already good on stock.

If you are doing power wheelies, gearing will not help.. Once you are smooth on the throttle, then gear it.
If you aren't smooth already, then gearing wont make you any smoother. So why waste time chopping the throttle.. Get used to riding steady wheelies THEN gear.

I'm not saying you need to scrape or do 5mph wheelies, but if your chasing rev limiter, gearing isn't gonna make you steady.
And I never said I was the first person to ride with or without gearing jack ***. I was showing what can be done while learning on stock gearing.

But since you know soo much about gearing and stuff, and you haven't posted a single video of your own, lets see a video.. Just one.. I'd like to see what gearing has done for you.

My video was before I EVER rode with gearing, never even been on a geared bike before that was shot.. And that was also my first day scraping

Just sharing my 2 cents. But I'd much rather ride a stock geared bike ANYDAY. The only reason I rock gearing is for circles and thats IT

btw, people were riding stock gearing on the freeway ages before anyone rocked gearing on the freeway 'fool'

When you clutch a wheelie you let the clutch out, don't ride it, don't burn it, don't toast it. Pull it in, yut ugh, release, wheelie.

Listen nephew, I dont need lessons on how to yut yut yut UGH!!!!!!!
I never slip my clutch, maybe a little on the rare occasion that I drag race but even then I try to get the clutch out and float a whoolie as long as I can.

cant say for sure what caused my basket to break, when I was trying to clutch up 3rd i could feel the clutch slip when I dumped it, but didnt feel any slip in 1st or 2nd and never felt any slip when I had stock sprockets on. my bike was a theft recover, who knows what the spook did with it while he was joyriding it.