subcages folding or solid??????

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 09:39 PM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice
Re: subcages folding or solid??????

1 more pro . its just that much easier to load 2 bikes on the bed of a pickup if they have folding pegs
Old 03-15-2009, 10:02 PM
player.

chromedr1 is a decent person

does the solid offer more protection to the tail section if it rolls on the side? and i know you flip the pegs but does anyone ever have problems with them folding or breaking? ive snapped a couple bolts while ive been up on it on the factory rearsets...
Old 03-15-2009, 10:34 PM
Honda > Yamaha

WheelzUp is a decent person

omr have any for 99 f4????? how much?
Old 03-15-2009, 11:03 PM

kwebb is a decent person

where can i get an omr cage? what do they look like? googled omr and just came up with postingson other sites
Old 03-15-2009, 11:07 PM

Gixxxer Guy Ed is a decent person

Originally Posted by kwebb
where can i get an omr cage? what do they look like? googled omr and just came up with postingson other sites
from omr just send him a pm hes the guy with the bigg *** post on the first page
Old 03-16-2009, 12:37 AM

DeanD is a decent person

just get the OMR and be happy, i can't see any major positives from having a fixed peg
Old 03-16-2009, 12:41 AM
JOS

JOS is a decent person

only if he made it for a 1000rr.....lemme know when you find one roger!
Old 03-16-2009, 01:03 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by kwebb
you can contact me via private message on this site and the link below has pictures and info ...

if you click on the year of the bike in the ad you can see more pics ...

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/214...-subcages.html
Old 03-16-2009, 01:05 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by WheelzUp
omr have any for 99 f4????? how much?
you can make the 01 02 03 f4i omr subcage fit the f4 with a few simple mods , i will pm you the directions and they are $175 shipped

Last edited by old man roger; 03-16-2009 at 01:15 AM.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:13 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by chromedr1
does the solid offer more protection to the tail section if it rolls on the side? and i know you flip the pegs but does anyone ever have problems with them folding or breaking? ive snapped a couple bolts while ive been up on it on the factory rearsets...
your crash cage is what keeps the bike from rolling over on the tail not the subcage ,if your crash cage has a low contact point the bike can roll up on to the tail with or with out solid pegs ..

as far as the pegs folding up on you i rotate the peg bracket forward on it's axis to keep the peg from folding up while you are standing on it , as a bonus this puts your foot on the grippy part of the peg instead of the slippery side of the peg ..

i have never snapped the pin that holds the peg in , i don't know if any one else ever has but if you are worried about that happening i would suggest getting a nut and bolt to replace the stock pin , this would be better any ways because the stock pin usually just has a cotter pin or clip holding the pin in ..
Old 03-16-2009, 11:14 AM
also known as OMR

i forgot to address the question about pegs breaking , 99.9% of the time they will fold up in a crash the only way the pegs break is if the bike falls in a direction that trys to fold the peg down and in that case it is still better to have the peg break then to have a solid peg because the solid peg will just add leverage and bend or break the subcage and the subframe ...

it's very rare to break a peg but i would prefer breaking a peg over destroying my subcage and subframe ..
Old 03-16-2009, 01:08 PM
Soup Mafia

Ethiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to behold

only problem i have with my folding peg subcage is that when i drop the bike the peg folds up like it should, but i ALWAYS forget to fold it back down and step to it like its there and its not ,then my bike goes flying across the lot becuase i dont know whats going on... but im an idiot and this happens all the time and i never learn.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:22 PM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

I have seen that happen alot.

I personally run a powers subcage(was on the bike when i got it, solid peg) the pegs are nice, big, and sturdy. I like the feel of the subcage, but have not rode with an OMR.

I have not broken any pegs or tweaked my subframe because of it. Also I like it for doing my stall jumps cuz i dont know if anyone else runs into the problem i loose some of my jumping stamina when im tired and sometimes kinda kick the peg on the way up then land on it. if it folded up could get nasty sometimes..
Old 03-16-2009, 01:23 PM
Squid Supreme

stick1300 will become famous soon enough

^lol!
Old 03-16-2009, 01:26 PM
florida! finally

Nate-VMC is an unknown quantity at this point

here's one way to look at it..

Just imagine if you always had a boner.... it never went away.. always sticking out there.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:05 PM
IDLE WHORE

JOHN J has a spectacular aura aboutJOHN J has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by JMZ
Wonder if a brace from the rearset to one of the mounting tabs on the subcage would prevent that
Originally Posted by old man roger
no but that would make the subframe stronger up and down but not side to side
here is what i did to prevent the side to side possibilities before i bought omr's subcage then later just added it to it and my subframe is pretty stought now.

just welded some angle iron on to the 12 bar

Old 03-16-2009, 03:09 PM

Unknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Nate-VMC

Just imagine if you always had a boner.... it never went away.. always sticking out there.
That's one way to put it.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:16 PM
JMZ
Like I Give A Fu@k!

JMZ is a decent person

Originally Posted by Nate-VMC

What's so bad about that
Old 03-16-2009, 03:43 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by old man roger

this guy didn't get hurt luckily but you see my point right ?
I don't think thats how your supposed to do it
Old 03-16-2009, 03:46 PM
BiG AzZ sQuID

Frankenstein929 is a decent person

OMR is it... and the folding paegs are dope... instead of when you crash and the pegs just putting leverage on the subcage the OMR cage has teh folding pegs which is cool cause then it will fold your pegs up and relieve stress off of your subcage... and i just got done painting my subcage white.... Gangsta!!! still gotta put the stickers on but ill post more pics when its on my bike...

Its a krylon/ hotel parkinglot specialty and there is a before of my subcage and Fi cage hoop all scuffed ready to get painted
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	downsized_0316091432a.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	222064   Click image for larger version

Name:	downsized_0316091434.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	222065   Click image for larger version

Name:	downsized_0316091435.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	222066   Click image for larger version

Name:	downsized_0316091302.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	222067  

Last edited by Frankenstein929; 03-16-2009 at 03:50 PM.

Quick Reply: subcages folding or solid??????