Seat stands

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 09:03 PM
Honda > Yamaha

WheelzUp is a decent person
Seat stands

Every time i pull them up they get wobbley....im not bringing them up all the way...does it do this because i gas it to bring it higher?? would insert pics to show what i'm talking about but i can't figure out how to get them to work....
Old 03-14-2009, 09:08 PM

Savvgawd is a decent person
Re: Seat stands

let pressure out of ur rear tire...to like 20 psi
Old 03-14-2009, 09:47 PM

stevestunt is an unknown quantity at this point

no no stick with the higher pressure your going to end up doing it eventually anyway so stick with it till you get used to it...
youl start feeling it and getting them to stay straight so keep practiceing
Old 03-14-2009, 10:10 PM
Honda > Yamaha

i had it at 25 a guy i talked to once said thats what people normally run?? is that true or what do you guys think?
Old 03-14-2009, 10:17 PM

Bubash is an unknown quantity at this point

All wheelies wobble when learnin, its usually from not being high enough or trying to incorrectly steer the bike. more psi = more lean and more unstable , lower psi =more stable but hard to learn some stuff because the bike wants to stay straight all the time.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:33 PM

zxcraig is a decent person

take a road trip to davenport ia and ride with me for the weekend !!!!! ill help ya out
Old 03-14-2009, 11:41 PM
Honda > Yamaha

wouldn't mind the trip but gotta work
Old 03-15-2009, 01:44 AM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

seatstanders are a great wheelie but way hard to keep in a straight line while learning and they steer way too easy. (basically what bubash said)
Old 03-15-2009, 04:27 AM
sack up or pack up!!!

beardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond repute

im assuming you do not have a hand brake by the question your asking...you should stick to stagered wheelies and dial in your brake controll or you prob wont have a bike to wheelie for long!!if by some unlikely chance you do have an hb and already have brake controll down then i would offer up this advice... be smooth on the throttle when bringing it up..everytime you twitch the gas in ss it will wobble the bike a little..ss is not a beginer wheelie! but keep practicing, get your foot braking down , then spend the money for a good hb and practice practice practice, there is no replacment for seat time!! also less psi will help you slow down in a strait line but eventually you will nedd to go up in psi anyway so just learn it where its at.. i run 22-28 psi depending on the tire...beardo
Old 03-15-2009, 05:17 AM
Bacons Hot, Need a Spot

cjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud of

In adition to what beardo said pop it up and get your legs striaght/locked, I also feel more comfortable with my toes pointing outward. Bottom line new wheelie, just gotta get use to it and it will be comfortable. I too run 22-28 psi, less in new one.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:51 AM

DEstreetkilla is a decent person

lock arms straight and keep lots of weight on them to get less wobble...people normally power it into there chest instead of pulling it up...takes weight off the top of the bike and thats were you get wobble
Old 03-15-2009, 07:53 PM
Honda > Yamaha

i have a full throttle setup right now...not comfortable to reach down to grab it tho 636 master makes it be a ways away from the clutch...but i guess i'll have to just get used to grabbin for it
Old 03-15-2009, 08:10 PM

Dilts646 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by WheelzUp
i have a full throttle setup right now...not comfortable to reach down to grab it tho 636 master makes it be a ways away from the clutch...but i guess i'll have to just get used to grabbin for it

Keep your fingure on the hb at all times!
Old 03-15-2009, 08:17 PM
†★ King of brake lines ★†

Juca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Bubash
its usually from not being high enough
bike is more stabile under bp then at bp,but that is my oppinion and that is in my case.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:47 PM
Honda > Yamaha

i think its because i wasn't locking my legs
Old 03-15-2009, 10:55 PM

B0arder606 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Juca
bike is more stabile under bp then at bp,but that is my oppinion and that is in my case.

Its not usually more stable under because your gaining speed which makes you wobble
Old 03-15-2009, 11:21 PM

DEstreetkilla is a decent person

you dont gotta lock legs......and if your on the streets...over 40 mph you dont need a brake
Old 03-16-2009, 12:08 AM
Stuntride.com

R1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by WheelzUp
index finger goes yutt ughhh and middle finger NEEDS to be on that HB .
seat time. you will get used to it. i learned SS last yr and i wobbled at first but i just found BP and worked on my body positioning and it came to me within a few weeks. practice practice practice

Originally Posted by Dilts646
Keep your fingure on the hb at all times!
Old 03-16-2009, 02:34 AM
sack up or pack up!!!

beardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DEstreetkilla
you dont gotta lock legs......and if your on the streets...over 40 mph you dont need a brake
...dont make the mistake of not covering your brake... it will only take you one time making this mistake to learn that lesson the hard way...especially if your 40+ mph!!!! also if you go to a master that has an adjustable lever you can bring it in closer so your more comfortable useing it.remember smooth on the throtle...beardo
Old 03-16-2009, 02:45 AM

Juar3z is a decent person

Originally Posted by R1wonder
index finger goes yutt ughhh and middle finger NEEDS to be on that HB .
seat time. you will get used to it. i learned SS last yr and i wobbled at first but i just found BP and worked on my body positioning and it came to me within a few weeks. practice practice practice

enough with the yutt ughhh alrdy

Quick Reply: Seat stands