Seat stands

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 01:29 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

beardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Seat stands

Originally Posted by R1wonder
index finger goes yutt ughhh and middle finger NEEDS to be on that HB .
seat time. you will get used to it. i learned SS last yr and i wobbled at first but i just found BP and worked on my body positioning and it came to me within a few weeks. practice practice practice

+1
Old 03-16-2009, 01:36 PM
Honda > Yamaha

WheelzUp is a decent person

i have an adjustable lever on it i chopped it off when i had it on my rr with stock clips....which i wouldn't have now that i put it on my f4 with db bars hey its just money right !!!!
Old 03-16-2009, 04:31 PM
Stuntride.com

R1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Juar3z
enough with the yutt ughhh alrdy
haha im just as sick of it as you, it just seemed right at the time i posted that lmao!
Old 03-16-2009, 06:05 PM
Life is a Risk so Live It

OnPoint is a decent person

Originally Posted by Dilts646
Keep your fingure on the hb at all times!
I clutch it up and then immediately cover then HB. I'm always a little worried b/c what happens if I give it to much throttle on the clutch up and don't have enough time to grab the HB, right. But I have a shattered left elbow with a titanium radial head, plates, screws, etc... holding my arm together and therefore I don't have the strenght to hold on while clutching it up with my finger covering the HB. What do you guys think? Am I asking to loop it or do others also do this?
Old 03-16-2009, 06:32 PM

B0arder606 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OnPoint
I clutch it up and then immediately cover then HB. I'm always a little worried b/c what happens if I give it to much throttle on the clutch up and don't have enough time to grab the HB, right. But I have a shattered left elbow with a titanium radial head, plates, screws, etc... holding my arm together and therefore I don't have the strenght to hold on while clutching it up with my finger covering the HB. What do you guys think? Am I asking to loop it or do others also do this?

Thats what i do, Its a bad habits, and im working on breaking it. I jsut dont feel like i can hold on enough either
Old 03-16-2009, 07:07 PM

kirny is a decent person

Originally Posted by OnPoint
beleive me you will not clutch it up hard enough that you cant cover rear brake i redline that **** on the highway then drop it and switch
Old 03-16-2009, 07:17 PM
†★ King of brake lines ★†

Juca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant future

dick stander
Old 03-17-2009, 06:36 PM
Honda > Yamaha

when i cover both i feel like i'm not holding on at all ..... which in reality i guess your really not holding on if your covering both. Anyone ever fall off by doing this ?
Old 03-18-2009, 01:17 AM
Stuntride.com

R1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by WheelzUp
when i cover both i feel like i'm not holding on at all ..... which in reality i guess your really not holding on if your covering both. Anyone ever fall off by doing this ?
lol, i havent. i fell off by doing combos and not covering the HB lol

so cover it
Old 03-18-2009, 01:35 AM

HallFace929 is a decent person

enough with the yutt ughhh alrdy
enough with the mohawks already!!!
Old 03-18-2009, 01:52 AM

I had a lot of trouble learning SS when I started. I think the hard part for me was im 6'4" and was 260+lbs. so all that weight so high made me really unstable (now ive lost about 40lbs and have learned how to use my weight and height to my advantage). But what really helped me was not covering the clutch when I learned. I found it a little easier to pop the clutch then switch my index finger over to the HB so I had 2 fingers on the brake. It sounds to me that your not at the level YET were you need to cover the clutch. And later on it was very easy for me to move my index finger back over to cover the clutch once I got a lil more advanced and needed to cover both. That is what worked for me, not saying it will work for you but its worth a shot.

Also I think 20lbs is a good start, once you get to the point were you can be looking around and just chillin at idle in SS then move up 2lbs every time you ride. I ride my tire at the least 30lbs now.

+1 on toes pointed out, kinda like how a penguin stands.

+1 on bringing the front tire higher.

+10000 on practice.

Keep at it hommie. 2 most important things ive learned is to practice practice practice and try your hardest not to get frustraded.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:54 AM

skoh will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DEstreetkilla
you dont gotta lock legs......and if your on the streets...over 40 mph you dont need a brake
yeah once you hit 40 MPH you can just set it to autopilot
Old 03-18-2009, 04:33 AM
HAVE U SEEN MY BANANA?

sol5269 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dilts646
Keep your fingure on the hb at all times!
handbrakes for straight line??? i rarely use mine... its more of a safety net then anything... just keep ur rpms high and learn throttle control... without that then ur learning process of everything else will be slower and if all else fails push the bike away from u and tuck ur shoulder in
Old 03-18-2009, 06:30 AM
Bacons Hot, Need a Spot

cjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud of

I've found for myself a finger on each doesn't present any grip issues for SS, but a spreader I do the 1 finger switch otherwise I'm afraid I'll fall off.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:48 AM

Juar3z is a decent person

Originally Posted by HallFace929
haha! i havent had that **** on in over a year thats an old pic..... and it was only for a couple of months back when my bike was still a orange tribal sf
Old 03-18-2009, 11:25 AM
Honda > Yamaha

I had a lot of trouble learning SS when I started. I think the hard part for me was im 6'4" and was 260+lbs. so all that weight so high made me really unstable (now ive lost about 40lbs and have learned how to use my weight and height to my advantage). But what really helped me was not covering the clutch when I learned. I found it a little easier to pop the clutch then switch my index finger over to the HB so I had 2 fingers on the brake. It sounds to me that your not at the level YET were you need to cover the clutch. And later on it was very easy for me to move my index finger back over to cover the clutch once I got a lil more advanced and needed to cover both. That is what worked for me, not saying it will work for you but its worth a shot.

Also I think 20lbs is a good start, once you get to the point were you can be looking around and just chillin at idle in SS then move up 2lbs every time you ride. I ride my tire at the least 30lbs now.

+1 on toes pointed out, kinda like how a penguin stands.

+1 on bringing the front tire higher.

+10000 on practice.

Keep at it hommie. 2 most important things ive learned is to practice practice practice and try your hardest not to get frustraded.

thanks bro....hopefully i'll have some pics up next week getting the hang of it
Old 03-18-2009, 11:32 AM
Life is a Risk so Live It

OnPoint is a decent person

haha! i havent had that **** on in over a year thats an old pic..... and it was only for a couple of months back when my bike was still a orange tribal sf
So what you're saying is that you used to suck dick for a couple of months, but now your back to vagina.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:45 PM

Hey... We all make mistakes.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:59 PM

gixer7fitty is a decent person

my index is currently in a plastic cast to try and get my tendons to scar and join back. i have not graduated to a handbrake yet but glad to see there are many dif methods working for ppl and i still may have a chance to choose what fingers i use (not by choice)

will get the og foot brake down first tho!

great read for squids. nice to see constructive help props to the seasoned stunnaz
Old 03-19-2009, 11:12 PM

airprene is an unknown quantity at this point

i had a f4 i learned ss on i rarly cover the brake even stagered i was able to do ss for miles at a time it all about bp once your there your golden

Quick Reply: Seat stands