Custom Handbrake Possiblitiy?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 04:19 PM

B0arder606 is an unknown quantity at this point
Custom Handbrake Possiblitiy?

Instead of the FTi adapter, which is now out of date due to the dual caliper setup, why cant you use a double banjo at the rear caliper?

I run a FTi setup and just got aound to wondering why what i said wouldnt work, and i can't come up with a logical reason.
Old 03-14-2009, 04:26 PM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough
Re: Custom Handbrake Possiblitiy?

wow thats a great idea,I paid 200 bucks for a full throttle unit when a 3 dollar bajo bolt could have done the same thing............................................. ................... come on now dude, obviously if this was possible everyone would be doing it
Old 03-14-2009, 04:26 PM
Bacons Hot, Need a Spot

cjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud of

No- the adapater mounts into the resivoir hole, a double banjo would let the fluid to be pushed into the resivor rather than the caliper.
Old 03-14-2009, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by *Tanus*
wow thats a great idea,I paid 200 bucks for a full throttle unit when a 3 dollar bajo bolt could have done the same thing............................................. ................... come on now dude, obviously if this was possible everyone would be doing it
Why did you pay $200 for a FTi adapter?

Originally Posted by cjoec01
No- the adapater mounts into the resivoir hole, a double banjo would let the fluid to be pushed into the resivor rather than the caliper.
Thanks, i didnt know if there was a one way valve type thing going on, i wasnt planing on doing it since i have my FTi adapter setup, but thought it mught be a possibility
Old 03-14-2009, 04:37 PM

Just to go a little further, on a stock bike why does fluid not get pushed back into the resivoir when you push the brake pedal down. Does anyone know where to find a cross section of the inside of the rear master cylinder?

I'm just trying to figure out how **** works is all
Old 03-14-2009, 04:55 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by B0arder606
Just to go a little further, on a stock bike why does fluid not get pushed back into the resivoir when you push the brake pedal down. Does anyone know where to find a cross section of the inside of the rear master cylinder?

I'm just trying to figure out how **** works is all
you know how a 2 stroke cylinder works? With the ports on the side? The inlet from the res is a port on the side just like that. When the cylinder is actuated, it slides past that port, closing it off, right at the beginning.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:21 PM

kirny is a decent person

Originally Posted by MikeM
you know how a 2 stroke cylinder works? With the ports on the side? The inlet from the res is a port on the side just like that. When the cylinder is actuated, it slides past that port, closing it off, right at the beginning.
correct me if im wrong....so inturn if you did a double banjo and squeezed the handbrake it would just push the fluid through the foot brake line through that master into the reservoir? im just tryin to figure this out
Old 03-14-2009, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by kirny
correct me if im wrong....so inturn if you did a double banjo and squeezed the handbrake it would just push the fluid through the foot brake line through that master into the reservoir? im just tryin to figure this out
That is what their saying

I do know how two strokes work, just rebuilt my brothers 85 couple days ago actually, but that makes since.

Thanks everyone
Old 03-14-2009, 07:06 PM
JMZ
Like I Give A Fu@k!

JMZ is a decent person

Originally Posted by B0arder606
Why did you pay $200 for a FTi adapter?

Im gonna say he means the FT Master, not and adapter