600RR's with SI cage, I need some help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 08:22 AM
STILL ON PROBATION!

WolfmanJack is a decent person
600RR's with SI cage, I need some help!

Got my cage in, it looks great!!! One thing though......I cannot seem to figure out how to install it! I think that I got the wrong harware kit the two long black bolts do not fit in my front mount locations (too small), the stock bolts slide right through the cage and fit great. I also only recived 1 spacer, was I supposed to recived two? The all thread rod is a whole nother can of worms; sliding it in from the left side it goes fits fine and I can get the 9/16 socket around the both inside the steel tubing, but am at a loss when it comes to securing it on the ride side. The nut provided is a 15mm if I am not mistaken and the nut will fit in the tubing, but I cannot get a socket in there to tighten it. I am just concerned because I have the two front mount bolts that are too small, the one space that I have no idea where to put and that I cannot tighten up the all thread rod. If any of you guys can offer some info. that would be great......a step by step install guide would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks
Old 03-13-2009, 09:00 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: 600RR's with SI cage, I need some help!

go to their website. they have install instructions and if you think you got the wrong stuff then call them
Old 03-13-2009, 09:15 AM
SEAT SPREADER COMBOS

burnoutnut has a spectacular aura aboutburnoutnut has a spectacular aura aboutburnoutnut has a spectacular aura about

i made and si tool for tighting the rear thread rod bolts (i copied it from my mate)

got a rubbish cheap socket and grinded it down (the wide walls) so it wa really thin

works great

then my mate told me you can buy thin walled sockets
Old 03-13-2009, 10:52 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

only one spacer is needed and i think its for the left side..atleast it is on my 636 cant recall for my 600rr. as for the all thread nut i think its 9/16th its the standard size closest to a 14 mm i remember. as for your front bolts not being long enough...idk man.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:46 AM
stuntastic

blue squid will become famous soon enough

i got that cage on my rr the spacer goes on the right all the bolts didnt seem to fit right but i called si and they told me just to tighten them up so i did been rockin it for bout a year now
Old 03-13-2009, 12:05 PM
STILL ON PROBATION!

Couldn't find the install instructions on Si's site. Called and talked to them and I have the all thread rod problem pretty much ironed out, but still gotta go home and take another look. Probably just need to get a thin walled 9/16 socket like you said. Still kinda shady on the front mount bolts. The hole in the cage fits my stock mount bolts perfectly and I don't see how I could get a nut behind the frame to get the smaller SI bolts threaded. Concerned because if I have to use the spacer on the right side then I can't use my stock front mount bolts as the spacer is too small to slide on to the stock bolt. Guess I'll just have to keep at it!
Old 03-13-2009, 01:23 PM
AuthorityStunts

KROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to beholdKROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to beholdKROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to beholdKROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to beholdKROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to beholdKROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to behold

I had the same problem with mine I made a spacer for the right side that goes through the frame pinch to the engine. The spacer it came with I had to use on the bottom because there was a small gap when the top was tight. The bolts were a little short but they thread in enough to be flush with the nut on the back side of the motor. I have yet to test it because its 20 degrees with snow still but it looks way nicer than my fi cage.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:02 PM

zxstyles is a decent person

i had the same socket problem, and also made my own tool...I think it was well work the trouble in the end...
Old 03-16-2009, 09:58 AM
STILL ON PROBATION!

Well, I got my cage on! Just took a little deductive reasoning and a little less beer :-)......thing is solid as a rock and lines up nicley! Thanks to SI and staff for making great products and great customer service in helping me with my install!
Old 03-16-2009, 01:40 PM

chpsk8er630 is an unknown quantity at this point

use a 1/4 in socket instead of a 3/8 socket. the diameter is smaller on them and you wont have problems with the socket staying in your cage. I went through a couple sockets rattling out of my cage before i realized this.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:28 AM
STILL ON PROBATION!

Once I figured out where everything went I had no trouble at all!!! It was a snap, I can take it off and put it back in again in no time now. Been a good learning experience!