Adding wieght for lightwieghts

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 12:39 AM

scottir6 is a decent person
Adding wieght for lightwieghts

Ive been practicing wheelies a while now, im pretty good at snappin it up to 11o clock, but i cant maintain it without winding out the rpms. I swear the balance point is much higher for people as light as me. I only wieght 120, so i was thinking adding wieght in the rear to help even out the balance point more. Any thoughts? or how i could go about adding wieghts.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:42 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Adding wieght for lightwieghts

dont do it just practice more
Old 03-09-2009, 12:43 AM
BiG AzZ sQuID

Frankenstein929 is a decent person

Originally Posted by scottir6
Ive been practicing wheelies a while now, im pretty good at snappin it up to 11o clock, but i cant maintain it without winding out the rpms. I swear the balance point is much higher for people as light as me. I only wieght 120, so i was thinking adding wieght in the rear to help even out the balance point more. Any thoughts? or how i could go about adding wieghts.
IDK if thats your problem, or if you just think your all the way back and your not... I have a few friends that weight about that much and they get there all day... you hittin bar? if not whack it a few times and then you will know you are there, if thats not the issue and weight actually is it, then you could buy an aftermarket subframe and gusset it with some heavy *** 1/4 inch aluminum lol but i doubt that would be the problem, i thought i was back there pretty far till i finally hit the bar and almost **** myself
Old 03-09-2009, 01:08 AM

well i guess its time to get a bar and figure it out, i was hopin to learn with out it. whats the benefit of having a subframe cage?

heres a video to give you an idea of where im at. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLx8EPDEllE 7:40 is when i get it the highest, i was able to do that consistently today, but i was still winding it out. my sporckets are -1/+2
Old 03-09-2009, 01:15 AM

chpsk8er630 is an unknown quantity at this point

you look fine to me. Just practice clutching it up from a lil slower speed and getting it higher when you first bring it up. Keep practicing and youll get it. Look fine so far.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:24 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

well i guess its time to get a bar and figure it out, i was hopin to learn with out it. whats the benefit of having a subframe cage?

heres a video to give you an idea of where im at. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLx8EPDEllE 7:40 is when i get it the highest, i was able to do that consistently today, but i was still winding it out. my sporckets are -1/+2
the main purpose of a subcage is to have stronger rear peg brackets because the stockers are weak as hell and they flex when you stand on them and that makes your peg aim down when you stand on it , they also don't break at the slightest touch of the ground like the stockers do ...

the cross bar on the subcage ties the two sides of the subframe together so that helps stiffen the subframe from side to side and make the mounting tabs alot stronger ..

on the 03 04 05 r6 omr subcage i move the peg location so your leg isn't pressed up against the tail like it is with the stockers and i also rotate the peg mount on its axis so you are standing on the grippy part of the peg as a bonus this keeps the peg from folding up on you when you are standing on it ..

Last edited by old man roger; 03-09-2009 at 01:29 AM.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:39 AM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

omr i am going to laugh my *** off one of these nights if im drunk and i see you on tv and you have your own infomercial along with shamwow and set it and forget it!

original poster guy you just gotta keep practicing. if you think your weight is an issue stand behind your bike, have 2 people lift it up for you and hold it at balance point while not even being on the bike, youll see how far away the 12 bar is. or to make things easier just watch the people who do stalls, jump off, and then jump back on the bike, even though the bike is not in motion and this is a factor, so is rear brake, you can still get an idea. at 7:42 you DID bring it back to where you needed, but then didnt stick with it and you went back into chase mode and ultimately set the front wheel back down.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:34 AM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Danger_Dave
omr i am going to laugh my *** off one of these nights if im drunk and i see you on tv and you have your own infomercial along with shamwow and set it and forget it!
+1000
Old 03-09-2009, 03:34 AM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

fill the hollow inside of the sub-frame with molten lead
Old 03-09-2009, 03:38 AM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough

wear a backpack full of railroad rocks
Old 03-09-2009, 03:41 AM
also known as OMR

omr i am going to laugh my *** off one of these nights if im drunk and i see you on tv and you have your own infomercial along with shamwow and set it and forget it!.
Originally Posted by 50slut
+1000
he asked
Old 03-09-2009, 05:58 AM
BiG AzZ sQuID

Frankenstein929 is a decent person

Strap some Sharks with friggin laserbeams to your tail section then you have the weight and the firepower you need
Old 03-09-2009, 11:31 AM

original poster guy you just gotta keep practicing. if you think your weight is an issue stand behind your bike, have 2 people lift it up for you and hold it at balance point while not even being on the bike, youll see how far away the 12 bar is. or to make things easier just watch the people who do stalls, jump off, and then jump back on the bike, even though the bike is not in motion and this is a factor, so is rear brake, you can still get an idea. at 7:42 you DID bring it back to where you needed, but then didnt stick with it and you went back into chase mode and ultimately set the front wheel back down.
i think thats some good advice, im gonna give it a shot,......pretty much what ive taken away from this is i need to stop being a ***** a do it, got no prob with that.....what should i get first a subframe cage or a rear handbrake?
Old 03-09-2009, 12:05 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Frankenstein929
Strap some Sharks with friggin laserbeams to your tail section then you have the weight and the firepower you need
awesome!!
Old 03-09-2009, 12:30 PM
Life is a Risk so Live It

OnPoint is a decent person

i think thats some good advice, im gonna give it a shot,......pretty much what ive taken away from this is i need to stop being a ***** a do it, got no prob with that.....what should i get first a subframe cage or a rear handbrake?
After watching your video, I can see that you have about another foot before you hit the tail so your not a bp yet. I recommend you turn your ideal up to 3,500 plus, clutch it up from almost a dead stop, and make sure you are ready with the rear break. And yes, you should hit the bar a coupe of times to get a feel for how far back the bike needs to be. This made all the def. for me.

You don't necessarily need a sub cage or hb to do what you are trying, but if you want to start getting your bike ready I would buy a hand break first.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:08 PM
DankerThanYourz

infamousf4i is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OnPoint
After watching your video, I can see that you have about another foot before you hit the tail so your not a bp yet. I recommend you turn your ideal up to 3,500 plus, clutch it up from almost a dead stop, and make sure you are ready with the rear break. And yes, you should hit the bar a coupe of times to get a feel for how far back the bike needs to be. This made all the def. for me.

You don't necessarily need a sub cage or hb to do what you are trying, but if you want to start getting your bike ready I would buy a hand break first.

I was just about to say that. Im about 125 pounds, on my f4i I turn the rpms up to about 3500 and clutch it up. Less throttle is needed and def be ready on the rearbrake.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:10 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

cut the labia off
Old 03-09-2009, 01:18 PM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Ryan S
cut the labia off
ooooooooo burn
Old 03-09-2009, 01:32 PM

Savvgawd is a decent person

Originally Posted by Ryan S
cut the labia off
Hahah, ya, your no where near 11o clock, your close to BP, practice
Old 03-09-2009, 02:04 PM

Halfrican is a decent person