So how was the Stuntlife show!?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2003, 03:32 AM

pbrchick is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by CBOdmi
tons of crashes I mean one like every damn run by each rider in the amateur group. ............
Hope nobody got hurt too bad
Old 07-13-2003, 03:34 AM

pbrchick is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by nags
Didn't you come up with the biscuit eater?
yea good one...it was me lol
Old 07-13-2003, 10:13 AM

Boughetto is an unknown quantity at this point
Announcer sounded like a trip? A cookie? Haha
Old 07-13-2003, 11:06 AM

NoStunner is an unknown quantity at this point
These guys posted some pictures that probably wont be here

http://www.chicagolandsportbikes.com...358#post109358

I had a great time
Old 07-13-2003, 11:48 AM

Ninjadude is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah...........the announcer did get on everyone's nerve's with his "mad man", "holy moly", "endooooooo", and "miller" or "dynomax" side of the track sh*t! The track itself also really sucked, cause burnouts were all but impossible, as were fast stoppies. (no grip) But it was still a good time. I liked Cory's sickest trick winning watchtower too. Too bad his motor grenaded later on that day. But definately sick stunts by all!
Old 07-13-2003, 01:12 PM

ohh2cute is an unknown quantity at this point
kyle

I agree that the announcer sucked.

We couldn't get Kyle because the track owner didn't want to pay the extra $ to get him there.

It's really too bad, because the announcer was our top complaint.

Maybe next year...
Old 07-13-2003, 04:23 PM

troll is an unknown quantity at this point
I bet we probably missed a lot, but were only there from about 2:30 to 6 or so. Saw some neat stuff.

Yeah being that far from the action was kind of lame. And on a totally rubbered out track the conditions probably were tough. Especially when they covered THE WHOLE TRACK end to end with vht for the exhibition runs.

The guys I was with got lots of pics and videos. And busadave from CLSB being onhand, I bet he has a ton. That guy is photo takin' nut.

I was suprised at the turnout as well. Not only bikes EVERYWHERE (expected) but like families and little kids and old people hangin' out. Was just a little surprising, that's all. Not bad for a first time. And yeah, all the 'staffers' hangin out next to the rail making the already limited view worse, did suck.

Also, never seen so many fiddys in my life.

Oh well, the ride was OK. Except all the friggin traffic everywhere? Who was that with the red Viper that kept getting pulled over and stopping traffic. Both traffic jams I hit that day were because of that guy. Once on the way to my buddies, then on the way up there an hour later further up the road! WTF.

Troll
Old 07-13-2003, 04:54 PM
That's the age I act!!

shocker_jayson is an unknown quantity at this point
I have some vid clips, I'll make one for you guys. The announcer was a 200 year old trac announcer. He was trying but getting a little excited about some simple ****............ "CHRIST AIR....WHAT BALANCE THIS GUY HAS!!!!!!!!!"

I'll post the vid on the site in a few days.

www.stlshockers.com
Old 07-13-2003, 04:56 PM

lovetheroad03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by CBOdmi
what up yall just got home from stuntlife......Hes the deal the show was a bit unorganized and the practice areas sucked *** but I can say one thing that I seen more crashes at this show then i seen in the whole JD2 video.......Oh my god there were so many crashes one guy crashed twice in one run gas tank about blew up and ****. I know one thing who ever is going to put a video together is going to have some sick footage...............Much respect to Diggity the guy really is a ****ing gentleman and a professional........all the pros i got nothing but respect for em all
Yeah that was one of my bros. Rob is a crazy guy I'll tell you that. Most people also didn't know that he was riding with a broken foot from another accident(not at fault street accident). All in all Rob has 6 confirmed accidents. Now you know why we all call him Crash :P He had been practicing lots of tricks with his partner but the officials told him it was single only. He got flustered and had kinda just wing it. The first accident was caused by his exhaust pipe hitting the ground. He brought the bike up too high going too fast and it tipped over and that was that. After that the president of Rough Riders ran out there and so did another friend of ours. Amazingly he got back on and tore a wicked wheelie back down the track and hit an ENDOOOOOOOOOOO(shameless announcer joke) and the wheele just wouldn't grab any traction. He fell off immediately but his bike kepy going and smashed into the tower. We were told later that they put down this chemical in the waterbox area and thats probably what caused that one.

Not sure if you guys saw it later but he borrowed another 02 954 from one of the girls that rode up with us. She was a little hesitant. He asked to borrow my 954 but I couldn't just see that happening lol. He went and did the fastest wheelie competition and got to the front at the last second. We were kind of bummed because he's got up to 146 mph doing wheelie on the freeway for 3.3 miles.

The bike isn't totalled. The frame looks good. The tank is totally screwed and leaked all over. It was smashed completely in. His cowl is cracked and some fairings are cracked and his instrument panel is dangling but that was already superglued on. Also his fairings are all scratched up and the right one is cracked. Amazingly the front fairing doesn't even have a scratch on it. That bike wasn't new. Thats his stunting bike. He just put all new fairing on 2 days earlier. It used to be the black/silver.

Now you all know why we call him CRASH!
Old 07-13-2003, 04:56 PM
florida! finally

Nate-VMC is an unknown quantity at this point
it was pretty good besides that fucface announcer!

ITS AN EEEEEEEENNNNNNDOOO!
Old 07-13-2003, 05:27 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Why didn't anyone go to the announcer.. slap him upside the head.. and take his mic?
Old 07-13-2003, 08:56 PM

NoStunner is an unknown quantity at this point
It seemed like there was about 200 stunt bikes in the pits and only about 35 competing.

This was my first show Ive attended and Ill be back if they do it again.

Did anyone hear about the bikes that got stolen? Some guy was pulling in when we went to pull our bikes out of the asphalt, he said his bike got ripped off, lined up behind a hotel. The police found it and got it back for him. He said they found 5 Suzukis at that hotel that were hot. Those were probably the guys names being announced over the PA with licence #s, my guess anyway.

I can mention a few kick as dudes only by bikes. In the amatuer a guy on a R1 hoppin around like it was a trampolean(sp) the guy on the Triumph (ouch), All the pros, all the guys practicin. It was great. There had to be a couple a thousand people, anyone know the attendance?
Old 07-13-2003, 09:57 PM
that guy

CHIMNEY is an unknown quantity at this point
last head count i got was 1600. the R1 guy was kick *** he was from OK forgot his name sorry. triump was duker you can find him in the vmc forum under up incoming teams
Old 07-13-2003, 10:43 PM

underzen is an unknown quantity at this point
kyle is one of the best announcers...every moroso show he tears it up on the mic and gets the crowd into it and makes them laugh. I wonder what happened to him..i'm sure I will hear about it when he gets home..

maybe he couldn't leave the clam chowder up at chaunceys place..
Old 07-14-2003, 12:58 AM

-Eric- is an unknown quantity at this point
the show was bad ***, if nothing else i saw the worst looking tank of my life (dude on the 954) the gas cap was just about in the airbox, and i got a rockin farmers tan. yea the announcer sucked, you could hear people in the background tellin him the names of the stunts. still had an awesome time.
Old 07-14-2003, 01:33 AM

Scott@STUNTERS is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by CHIMNEY
last head count i got was 1600. the R1 guy was kick *** he was from OK forgot his name sorry. triump was duker you can find him in the vmc forum under up incoming teams
Guy on the R1 name is Matt, he also goes by "Furred R1" on here. He called me up right after he won the Amateur Freestyle event... Congrats Matt, and BTW little buddy, your wheelies is GAAAABBBBAAAAGGGGGGE... lol
Old 07-14-2003, 05:48 AM

bustedplastic is an unknown quantity at this point
miltown, good job on the show! Chimney, wanted to hunt you down and finally meet you, but you guys seemed rather busy! This was my first show, and most certainly will not be my last!

Ill post a few choice pics for veiwing enjoyment:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ugfs73.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	25768  
Old 07-14-2003, 05:49 AM

bustedplastic is an unknown quantity at this point
another

Quick Reply: So how was the Stuntlife show!?