Vortex Clipons F4i ???

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 08:33 PM

ntseles is a decent person
Vortex Clipons F4i ???

Anyone else running vortex clipons on their f4i?
If so, did you have trouble getting the front brake master to fit??
I can seem to get mine on unless the clip on tube is all the way out, is that normal?

Pic attached to show where the master hits the clip on.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IM000546.JPG
Views:	319
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	221614  

Last edited by ntseles; 03-07-2009 at 08:37 PM.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:40 PM

Mr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud of
Re: Vortex Clipons F4i ???

Edit.... you added your pic when I was typing.....

When I had my f4i w/vortex bars I had them all the way out. I guess I never tryed to not have them all the way out so??? but I had no problems with the master fitting...
Name:  100_0618.jpg
Views: 1995
Size:  222.0 KB
this is when I was going to go f.f. but decided not to....
Name:  100_0601.jpg
Views: 988
Size:  65.2 KB

Last edited by Mr. Hooligan; 03-07-2009 at 08:42 PM.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by r6-hooligan
Edit.... you added your pic when I was typing.....

When I had my f4i w/vortex bars I had them all the way out. I guess I never tryed to not have them all the way out so??? but I had no problems with the master fitting...

this is when I was going to go f.f. but decided not to....

Thats not a stock master tho, looks like a brembo??
Old 03-07-2009, 10:52 PM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice

stock reservoir hits the clamp, mine is the same way. I have a minty fresh cbr1000 radial that I plan on putting on this year, hopefully that frees up some space and gives me better braking. I'm more concerned about hitting my upper fairing and fairing stay, I have that crap all off right now but I'd like to put it back on. F4i is damn near impossible to setup with a hand brake. Everything you change conflicts with something else!
Old 03-07-2009, 11:25 PM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

ATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by YSRRider
stock reservoir hits the clamp, mine is the same way. I have a minty fresh cbr1000 radial that I plan on putting on this year, hopefully that frees up some space and gives me better braking. I'm more concerned about hitting my upper fairing and fairing stay, I have that crap all off right now but I'd like to put it back on. F4i is damn near impossible to setup with a hand brake. Everything you change conflicts with something else!
my **** works just fine
Old 03-08-2009, 12:31 AM
Squid Standers. Get Owned

CRA$H AZ is a decent person

Originally Posted by ntseles
Anyone else running vortex clipons on their f4i?
If so, did you have trouble getting the front brake master to fit??
I can seem to get mine on unless the clip on tube is all the way out, is that normal?

Pic attached to show where the master hits the clip on.
you should have the tube all the way out. whole point of clip ons is to get a wider, higher angle and more arm room for better control in stoppies and room to tuck thru etc.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:32 AM
BiG AzZ sQuID

Frankenstein929 is a decent person

get a 15mil resovior from http://www.yoyodyneti.com/ mount it somewhere else, mine is mounted on the front triple along with my rear master and my toggle switch for my fast-tag liscenseplate flipper
Old 03-08-2009, 09:20 AM
Jim G

jimG is a decent person

im runnin my vortex bars 3/4 of the way out upside down and turned out,fits fine w the rez,,HAHA FAST TAG FLIPPER,THATS GREAT!
Old 03-08-2009, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by ATOWN1101
my **** works just fine
could you post a pic please?
Old 03-08-2009, 01:31 PM

zride is an unknown quantity at this point

dude I understand your frustration. I had the same problem. I even contacted Vortex about it. Asked them why they made the tube screw mounts so they were impossible to use with an integral master cylinder. The answer I got was, "well we make it that way so when your on the track and you fall you can swap out the tube quickly and easily"....I said well what about using an integral master...I told him the mount for the tube keeps the masteer from mounting close....he said most people on the track upgrade to the radials so therefore they fit just fine.....It was a bullsh-t excuse .

What I did on one f4i was just go to Orchard supply. Get some plyable sheet aluminum. Cut it and fold it up and shim out the perch mount. Put the folded aluminum inside the perch mount where it mounts to the tube. Put the shim on the outside of the tube which will push the integral master cylinder out enough to tighten and/or clear the screw mounts. It worked for me. The other Full Fairing F4i I just upgraded to a 19 x 18 brembo front master because if your running full fairing and vortex clip-ons ...there is not much room to work with. On the ff I am running the clip ons regular style but turned out slightly more than stock. Its very tight and dont think your stock integral front master will fit. The vortex naturally mount different than the stock bars so it puts everything much closer to the upper stay bracket. Therefore I had to come up with another way....I had to get a radial. As for the clutch and HB. Still got the clutch on top but instead of running it on the inside.(first)....I had to put the hand brake first then the clutch second allowing for room so I could turn the bars fully. but thats just with the full fairing setup without having to hack up the upper. If your running it streetfightered you wont have that problem. PM if you have any further questions. I can send you some pics of what I got going.

Last edited by zride; 03-08-2009 at 02:23 PM.
Old 03-08-2009, 02:04 PM
BiG AzZ sQuID

Frankenstein929 is a decent person

Originally Posted by jimG
im runnin my vortex bars 3/4 of the way out upside down and turned out,fits fine w the rez,,HAHA FAST TAG FLIPPER,THATS GREAT!
lol if you ever need one lemme know i can get em cheap bro trust me its saved my *** a few times
Old 03-08-2009, 02:14 PM

zride is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CRA$H AZ
you should have the tube all the way out. whole point of clip ons is to get a wider, higher angle and more arm room for better control in stoppies and room to tuck thru etc.

thats the only way it will work....with the tube all the way out and you use four to five inches of the tube for the stock front integral master........ plus the tube doesnt have to be all the way out. I prefer it not. Thats an extra three or four inches out on each side.... not tryin to have wings...lol I just want more tube to run a hand brake, and a little more leverage, and turn them out how it feels comfortable whether flipped and turned out or just turned out slightly regular style.

Last edited by zride; 03-08-2009 at 02:19 PM.