si cage help

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 08:30 PM

CHBEATS is a decent person
Question si cage help

hey ok first off i admit it im an idiot and an even bigger idiot when it comes to working on bikes .... anyway i got a si cage for 05 636 wich is pretty sick good move for anyone out there ....do i need to just take the bolts off and figure out were the new ones go cause they are all diffrent not like i really need instructione but they would hepl a bit so are there any ?
or am i just a ******* dumm *** ?
i probaly cna figure out were the bolts go but it easier to know plus the one bolt has a fat *** washer for what ??
and do i have to cut the fairing on the other side ??
id appreciate some help
thanks
Old 03-07-2009, 09:52 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future
Re: si cage help

Originally Posted by CHBEATS
hey ok first off i admit it im an idiot and an even bigger idiot when it comes to working on bikes .... anyway i got a si cage for 05 636 wich is pretty sick good move for anyone out there ....do i need to just take the bolts off and figure out were the new ones go cause they are all diffrent not like i really need instructione but they would hepl a bit so are there any ?
or am i just a ******* dumm *** ?
i probaly cna figure out were the bolts go but it easier to know plus the one bolt has a fat *** washer for what ??
and do i have to cut the fairing on the other side ??
id appreciate some help
thanks
your a dumm ***
Old 03-07-2009, 10:28 PM
BiG AzZ sQuID

Frankenstein929 is a decent person

You will have better luck PM'ing someone who has it done already and asking them... your just gonna get alot of **** talkers on here... I would take all the old bolts out of your bike where the new ones would go and match them all up... your cage bolts will probably be slightly longer(by slightly i mean 1/8 or 1/4 longer than stock to make space for the cage)... and cut the ferring? probably... I dont have a sick cage or a 636 and i am in teh same boat as you when it comes to being dumb when it comes to working on bikes... But cages are generally pretty easy.... just sit down on a bucket and start matching the cage up where it would go on the bike and start pullin stuff off of it... and either remember where each bolt goes or use pieces of tape on the bolts and corresponding holes to help remember where they all go... thats the best help i can give... hope it helps a little man good luck
Old 03-07-2009, 11:54 PM

gixer7fitty is a decent person

mine was a pain in the *** to fit on .. took some persuasion.

some bolts are longer to accomodate the cage. it wont take long to fig out. there are not that many to apply. dont smoke too much pot while u put it on and get some help ... an extra pair of hand and eyes help.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:56 PM
BiG AzZ sQuID

Frankenstein929 is a decent person

Originally Posted by gixer7fitty

some bolts are longer to accomodate the cage. it wont take long to fig out. there are not that many to apply. dont smoke too much pot while u put it on and get some help ... an extra pair of hand and eyes help.
Lol, bring a few beers and just chill while you do it... when i do **** in a rush is when i **** it up.... save the dope for after
Old 03-08-2009, 06:25 AM

I_throw_nickels is a decent person

Originally Posted by gixer7fitty

**** that
Old 03-08-2009, 08:25 AM
SEAT SPREADER COMBOS

burnoutnut has a spectacular aura aboutburnoutnut has a spectacular aura aboutburnoutnut has a spectacular aura about

email ian from si
Old 03-08-2009, 11:46 AM

Charlie636 is a decent person

you got it all wrong !!! you gotta have one before.. makes me calm so i dont end up beating the crap out of it and breaking everything
Old 03-08-2009, 01:02 PM

ScreamU2Sleep is a decent person

just did mine on an 04 636
start by cutting the holes in the plastics, i didnt drill holes i cut slits from the bottom so i can take them off easier. One of the bolts is a different pitch and will use the nut included (forgot but i think its the right, thread it on to see)
the left side will use the shorter bolt with the small washer, the right is longer, the pan head is used to connect the two sides under the plastics and the long threaded bar with a nut welded on one end, goes thru the swing arm pivot on the right side

some one to help you pull/push it into place make things better, S.I. has a really crude cage.