what do u think about sub cages?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 10:08 PM
squid life

joejoe898 is a jewel in the roughjoejoe898 is a jewel in the roughjoejoe898 is a jewel in the roughjoejoe898 is a jewel in the rough
what do u think about sub cages?

im thinking of getin a sub cage but herd that the subframe can break, what do u think
Old 03-03-2009, 10:12 PM
control switcher

Dr_Rip_It will become famous soon enough
Re: what do u think about sub cages?

anything can break if you beat it hard..re-inforce your subframe. thats about half a stupid ?
Old 03-03-2009, 10:20 PM
florida! finally

Nate-VMC is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think they are a good idea.. all that added weight to the rear end of the bike makes wheelies a bitch. every pro runs them only to keep their sponsors happy.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:23 PM
DMC Freestyle.....

freestylexxx02 is an unknown quantity at this point

It makes wheelies really difficult..... wasnt there just a post on this yesterday or the day before??????
Old 03-03-2009, 10:31 PM
Lit
I♥MyF4i.

Lit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to behold

i just wrote a page long thing about omr's subcages, but my computer crashed.

but anyways to make it short, get a omr cage. Your break your subframe from something else before the subcage does
Old 03-03-2009, 10:31 PM

ScreamU2Sleep is a decent person

got a sick sub cage on my 04 636... I like it so far.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:13 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Nate-VMC
I don't think they are a good idea.. all that added weight to the rear end of the bike makes wheelies a bitch. every pro runs them only to keep their sponsors happy.
nate you drinking again ?

or did i miss the sarcasm ?

Last edited by old man roger; 03-04-2009 at 01:28 AM.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:18 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by joejoe898
im thinking of getin a sub cage but herd that the subframe can break, what do u think
if you get a subcage with folding pegs like an omr subcage it will actually make your subframe stronger because it ties the two sides of the subframe together...

solid peg subcages on the other hand do more damage then good in my opinion because the solid peg gives too much leverage in a crash and tends to bend or break your subframe and subcage ..

people make and sell solid peg subcages because they are easier to make not because they are better ..
Old 03-04-2009, 01:55 AM
KO
One Wheel Pimp'n

KO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond repute

i've checked them all out, and the OMR subcage w/ the ESD peg's seems like the best way to go. heard nothing but good thing's bout that setup.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:56 AM
KO
One Wheel Pimp'n

KO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond repute

now i just gota get the money so i can order mine
Old 03-04-2009, 01:57 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by DJ KO
i've checked them all out, and the OMR subcage w/ the ESD peg's seems like the best way to go. heard nothing but good thing's bout that setup.
i like the esd pegs but they are a bit pricey and the stock pegs work awesome when they are mounted to a solid subcage that doesn't flex
Old 03-04-2009, 04:30 AM
TEAM KELM MOTHAFUUCKA***S

br denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of light

go with stuntaid.... u cant go wrong

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-s...d-99-99-a.html

Old 03-04-2009, 06:00 AM
I ♥ uR mOm

INSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant future

imo............. omr if you want foldable, sick if you want fixed.

or just if your just worried about your subframe breaking, then re-inforce it. there still are plenty of ways to F-up and break a stock sub frame with the sub-cage installed.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:49 PM
also known as OMR

below is a picture of an f4i subframe that had a solid peg subcage on it , the solid pegs dont fold up in a crash and thats not good for your subframe ...

if you look close you can see that the solid peg subcage ripped the mounting tabs right off the subframe and the f4i subframe is one of the stronger subframes out there ...

a subcage with folding pegs allow the pegs to fold up in a crash and places no extra stress on the subframe ....

Old 03-04-2009, 02:57 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Originally Posted by old man roger
below is a picture of an f4i subframe that had a solid peg subcage on it , the solid pegs dont fold up in a crash and thats not good for your subframe ...

if you look close you can see that the solid peg subcage ripped the mounting tabs right off the subframe and the f4i subframe is one of the stronger subframes out there ...

a subcage with folding pegs allow the pegs to fold up in a crash and places no extra stress on the subframe ....

Sounds great in theory, but for my bike at least the pegs never fold up in a crash...They stay folded out and are would be the exact same as non folding pegs...

I still prefer folding, but for crashing it wouldnt make a difference on my bike
Old 03-04-2009, 02:59 PM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough

i think if he's worried about breaking stuff, he's in the wrong sport
Old 03-04-2009, 03:03 PM
also known as OMR

here is two more reasons to get a subcage , in the first picture you can see the peg bracket is bent but if you look close you can see the mounting tabs on the subframe are also bent in so even if you got a new stock peg bracket your peg would still be aiming down and that cause your foot to slide off the peg ..

the cross bar on my omr subcages tie the two side together and make the mounting tab alot stronger not to mention that if your tabs are already bent in bolting on a subcage will pull the tabs back into place ...

it's obvious what happened in this picture but imagine if you cracked your stock aluminum peg bracket in a crash but didn't notice till you put all your wieght on the peg while doing a fast combo or some thing like that ..

the tabs that hold the pegs on an omr subcage are solid steel and much stronger then aluminum

and now back to your regular scheduled programing ...lol
Old 03-04-2009, 03:06 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Sounds great in theory, but for my bike at least the pegs never fold up in a crash...They stay folded out and are would be the exact same as non folding pegs...

I still prefer folding, but for crashing it wouldnt make a difference on my bike
there are four local riders around here that have solid peg subcages and all yes all of them have a bent subcage and a bent subframe from the solid pegs hitting the ground ...

every time i go some where else to ride i always see bent solid peg subcages ..

and the post you quoted has a picture of a broken subframe caused buy a solid peg subframe so thats not ''theory'' thats fact

Last edited by old man roger; 03-04-2009 at 03:09 PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:20 PM
ITS A LETHAL WORLD !!!!

Lethal Rider can only hope to improve

can u send me the blueprints to OMR subcages so I can make one for my R1 LOL LOL LOL
Old 03-04-2009, 03:35 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by Lethal Rider
can u send me the blueprints to OMR subcages so I can make one for my R1 LOL LOL LOL
no i want you to come to florida for a vacation and i will build you one

Quick Reply: what do u think about sub cages?