F4i falling into turns

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 12:30 PM

Stuntin73 is a decent person
F4i falling into turns

i have a 2002 F4i with protaper dirtbike bars on it and when i take turns the bike just wants to fall into the turns and i have to literally muscle it to make turns. wondering if its because my front end is lowered, or if it is just a characteristic of dirtbars or what? anyon else have this problem. i would like to get it fixed soon as riding season is soon arriving
Old 02-23-2009, 12:35 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of
Re: F4i falling into turns

it falls in and you have to muscle it? doesn't make sense
Old 02-23-2009, 12:37 PM
Soup Mafia

Ethiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Stuntin73
i have a 2002 F4i with protaper dirtbike bars on it and when i take turns the bike just wants to fall into the turns and i have to literally muscle it to make turns. wondering if its because my front end is lowered, or if it is just a characteristic of dirtbars or what? anyon else have this problem. i would like to get it fixed soon as riding season is soon arriving

the f4i in your avatar? does that frame look tucked or the forks bent to anybody else it looks wierd to me.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:49 PM

Rydn is a decent person

Originally Posted by Ethiopian
the f4i in your avatar? does that frame look tucked or the forks bent to anybody else it looks wierd to me.
+100

Looks to me like he needs to lower those forks.

Why would you lower an f4i????
Old 02-23-2009, 01:12 PM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

Originally Posted by Rydn
+100

Looks to me like he needs to lower those forks.

Why would you lower an f4i????
+200 it kinda looks like the front is pushed back into the bike, the forks look tight against.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:27 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Ethiopian
dayum you must got super vision or something. how the **** can you see that **** in that tiny *** pic
Old 02-23-2009, 01:34 PM
Not guilty

villa76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to behold

loosen the neck up a little
Old 02-23-2009, 01:49 PM

-dantheman- is a decent person

might want to check your front tire pressure if it gets low it will do that.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:49 PM

beobe99 is a decent person

With some drag cars (honda's) setting the front suspension lower puts more of the weight forward to help with traction. This is great for going straight but the cars tend to be a bitch to steer because the front end wants to dig in.

If you have your front end set up lower then the rear (from stock, and im guessing you did this to compensate for the rise of the dirt bars?) the bike will want to dig into the turns IMO. It prob. feels almost like your back end wants to raise and twist around and also wheelies might seem like they take more effort. I would raise the front of your bike back up and find a lower rise bar or go with a straight bar.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:52 PM

beobe99 is a decent person

Originally Posted by villa76
loosen the neck up a little
Ha, when i first read this I was thinking your were trying to make dude wreck. But yeah your main neck bolt might be to tight. Or the bearings are beat. Raise the front of the bike up and check to see how freely the bars turn.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:11 PM

Standupnfall is a decent person

Get a new front tire
Old 02-23-2009, 02:12 PM

Stuntin73 is a decent person

sweet thanks ill give this stuff a try and by muscle it i meant i have to fight against it to basically keep it from falling over when turning i know the frames good the forks may have a little tweak in them but nothing drastic
Old 02-23-2009, 02:19 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

either raise your bike to stock height or buy a moped
Old 02-23-2009, 04:15 PM
MJL
Registered Abuser

MJL is a decent person

Originally Posted by Standupnfall
Get a new front tire
Get get both tires, stock size.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:46 PM
Post Whore Nazi

MoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by MJL
Get get both tires, stock size.

Why stock size? just curious.

I had the same problem on my Gix. I made sure the air pressure was correct and then realized the tire was cupping. So I bought a new tire. And I swear by Shinko Advanced. And now I'll get laughed off this forum... And as for stock size. I have a 200 in the back and it is BY FAR the best setup I have ever ran
Old 02-23-2009, 04:54 PM

Bubash is an unknown quantity at this point

what psi you run in your tires?
Old 02-23-2009, 04:55 PM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

Originally Posted by ViagRRa
Why stock size? just curious.

I had the same problem on my Gix. I made sure the air pressure was correct and then realized the tire was cupping. So I bought a new tire. And I swear by Shinko Advanced. And now I'll get laughed off this forum... And as for stock size. I have a 200 in the back and it is BY FAR the best setup I have ever ran
i've heard alot of good things about 200. i was thinking about putting it on my 06 636 but i don't wanna take away anything from turn from that bike
Old 02-23-2009, 04:59 PM

Scott982 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Standupnfall
Get a new front tire
+1

I put a brand new pilot power on the front of my f4i at the same time as the 929 front end and hohey triple. The bike felt like it wanted to fall over taking slow turns and the faster stuff I had to muscle the bike to get it to turn. I took the whole front end apart and everything looked fine but when I put it back together it still handled like ****. Just for the hell of it I tried another tire I had laying around and that fixed it. The brand new pilot power was slightly cupped and that caused the problem.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:51 PM
†★ King of brake lines ★†

Juca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant future

check your bearings...
Old 02-23-2009, 06:14 PM

jayBiRRD is a decent person

You'd be suprised how different your bike handles with a squared off rear tire.

Quick Reply: F4i falling into turns