Sprockets??

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 03:44 PM

RSexy07 is a decent person
Talking Sprockets??

So i have a 2007 Yamaha R6 Type S and im lookin to get some sprockets with a 530 conversion..i had a 520 conversion and from doin wheelies i snapped a tooth so i wanna go to a thicker chain and i want some sprockets that i can do sick *** wheelies with prob not so many clutch ups pretty much all throttle do you think a 55 in tha back is too much since i do ride through town a lot too?? wats a good suggestion how many teeth is decent?? thanks for ya help!
Old 02-19-2009, 03:52 PM
www.frontiercycle.com

jebova2301 is a decent person
Re: Sprockets??

you dont need a 530 chain to rock wheelies. just stick with 520s. and i would tell you to clutch em up. power wheelies are somewhat unpredictable, and they take too long to get to balance point.

55 should be fine though. i still say to use the clutch.

welcome to the site
Old 02-19-2009, 03:54 PM

RSexy07 is a decent person

thanks man and yea i just scared about clutch ups i shattered my clutch plates from doin so many wheelies in second..i guess also cause it has 32,000 miles on its stock clutch so i found a wrecked R6 and installed its clutch i think had somewhere round 12,000...and do you know why my sprocket tooth snapped then on a 520 vortex aluminum?
Old 02-19-2009, 04:00 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by RSexy07
thanks man and yea i just scared about clutch ups i shattered my clutch plates from doin so many wheelies in second..i guess also cause it has 32,000 miles on its stock clutch so i found a wrecked R6 and installed its clutch i think had somewhere round 12,000...and do you know why my sprocket tooth snapped then on a 520 vortex aluminum?
if youre serious which i hope youre not, you are retarded. aluminum sprockets dont last very long and if youre as dumb as you sound its probably because you didnt keep your chain adjusted correctly.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:06 PM

prodigy714 is a decent person

i am not sure how you can snap a tooth off if your sprocket chain and bike is maintained properly. . .
Old 02-19-2009, 04:08 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by prodigy714
i am not sure how you can snap a tooth off if your sprocket chain and bike is maintained properly. . .
aluminum ones will snap off eventually. i usually get around 10k miles out of my aluminum sprockets with extremely meticulous care and about 25k out of a steel sprocket.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:09 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

34k miles on my stock clutch, still clutching wheelies up daily

And 520 sprockets are perfectly fine, just gotta keep your chain lubed and clean, and properly adjusted.

And yes aluminum is weaker then steel, but a properly cared for aluminum sprocket will last well over 10k.. People that wear out aluminum in 1 season I doubt take very good care of their chain..

I wash and relube my chain about once a week!

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
aluminum ones will snap off eventually. i usually get around 10k miles out of my aluminum sprockets with extremely meticulous care and about 25k out of a steel sprocket.

must not take that much care of them then.. My friends fzr with 50k miles still has the stock steel sprocket!
And its teeth aren't hooked or anything
and hell I took my f4i stock sprocket off around 25k and its still in great condition

Last edited by Towlieee; 02-19-2009 at 04:12 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:11 PM
unemployment anonymous

wheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the rough

vortex allumium sprockets are garbage for street bikes

they dont handle abuse well . . .

the bag of douche who installed a used clutch with 12k on it is a dumbass
Old 02-19-2009, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by wheelburns

they dont handle abuse well . . .

the bag of douche who installed a used clutch with 12k on it is a dumbass
i may be weird but i check my bike before and after every time i ride maybe thats just me but better safe then sorry. . .

why did he need a new clutch if he does know how to clutch up

how old is this kid anyways
Old 02-19-2009, 04:15 PM

what do you recommend
Old 02-19-2009, 04:17 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

what do you recommend
steel is definitely hte best and will last almost forever lol

but aluminum isn't too bad..

it just depends on the price difference.. If you can score a deal on a aluminum sprocket ****** it up, but if your ognna dump say $80 on an aluminum one, might as well dump $110ish on a steel one
Old 02-19-2009, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Towlieee
steel is definitely the best and will last almost forever lol

but aluminum isn't too bad..

it just depends on the price difference.. If you can score a deal on a aluminum sprocket ****** it up, but if your gonna dump say $80 on an aluminum one, might as well dump $110ish on a steel one
i have steel but i wasnt sure if he was saying all vortex was crap or just aluminum
Old 02-19-2009, 04:21 PM

i have steel but i wasnt sure if he was saying all vortex was crap or just aluminum
just hte aluminum, but are you sure you have a vortex steel? I don't think they make steal

although I could be wrong
Old 02-19-2009, 04:25 PM

just hte aluminum, but are you sure you have a vortex steel? I don't think they make steal

although I could be wrong
to be 100% honest i am not sure who makes it a buddy of mine said he didnt need it and gave it to me i havent put it on yet cause i am not sure what i want to run
Old 02-19-2009, 04:47 PM

34k miles on my stock clutch, still clutching wheelies up daily

And 520 sprockets are perfectly fine, just gotta keep your chain lubed and clean, and properly adjusted.

And yes aluminum is weaker then steel, but a properly cared for aluminum sprocket will last well over 10k.. People that wear out aluminum in 1 season I doubt take very good care of their chain..

I wash and relube my chain about once a week!

must not take that much care of them then.. My friends fzr with 50k miles still has the stock steel sprocket!
And its teeth aren't hooked or anything
and hell I took my f4i stock sprocket off around 25k and its still in great condition
i say 25k cuz ive never had a bike longer than that....i buy one or 2 bikes per season. and i garantee you cant find a spec of dust on my bike even on the chain. ask anyone.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:49 PM

coo coo ka chu is a decent person

So i have a 2007 Yamaha R6 Type S and im lookin to get some sprockets with a 530 conversion..i had a 520 conversion and from doin wheelies i snapped a tooth so i wanna go to a thicker chain and i want some sprockets that i can do sick *** wheelies with prob not so many clutch ups pretty much all throttle do you think a 55 in tha back is too much since i do ride through town a lot too?? wats a good suggestion how many teeth is decent?? thanks for ya help!
+5 – Provides a good place to start for anybody looking to get a little more into the stunts without sacrificing street riding or too much top speed. Will gain some torque/acceleration while losing roughly 10% of top speed.

+10 - Provides good amounts of power for slower wheelies while still having decent street riding. Will gain good torque/acceleration while losing roughly 20% of top speed.

+15 – Provides great power for technical slow wheelies. Street riding will be reduced to moderation in the city limits. No highways. Will gain great torque/acceleration while losing roughly 30% of top speed.

+20 - Provides huge power for anything and everything technical. Street riding will be reduced to just parking lots. Not for beginners. Will gain huge torque/acceleration while losing roughly 40% of top speed.

+25 or bigger – Ridiculous… but fun. Go big
Old 02-19-2009, 05:06 PM
unemployment anonymous

wheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the rough

what do you recommend
steel. i check my stuff often too . . . .

the vortex alluminum just dont stand up to a beating . . even if you keep your **** lubed and chain adjusted properly they wont last a season
Old 02-19-2009, 05:07 PM

lost so i will ask

520 versus 525 pitch and why change from 525 to a 520 and if you change the rear sprocket is it good to change the front.

in my case i have a 07 cbr600rr i want to run a 54 tooth rear steel sprocket and was looking around and i found lots of them with a 520 pitch and not many with a 525 pitch and not sure if the stock front sprocket on my bike is steel or aluminum if it is aluminum i want to change it to steel. . .and i am not sure if i am making any sense
Old 02-19-2009, 05:08 PM
unemployment anonymous

did this bag of douche really cut and paste hai's website
Old 02-19-2009, 05:12 PM

did this bag of douche really cut and paste hai's website
who

Quick Reply: Sprockets??