06 GSX-R Impaktech roundbar/reinforcement/nateplate/1piece tailsection setup

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 11:27 AM
www.myspace.com/impaktech

Dick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud of
Lightbulb 06 GSX-R Impaktech roundbar/reinforcement/nateplate/1piece tailsection setup

So anybody rocking the 06-07 GSX-rs as a stunt piece knows that the stock tailsection is hot garbage to stand on and can be downright dangerous...I was doing a merk step to jump to spreader and when I went to jump my tail blew out into pieces and my foot slipped out onto the ground,luckily i wasnt going that fast so i didnt get hurt..anyways this is the hot ticket to fix that little problem...1piece street tail off ebay with seats/blinkers holes(instead of the stock 3piece tail),Impaktech round bar with subframe reinforcement,and Impaktech "nate plate" (similiar to SI tailsaver but BETTER,sorry Ian)for extra stability for SS's....its SO much firmer and stouter and i have piece of mind knowing my tail wont blow out mid SS....let me know what you you guys out there rocking the 06 GSX-r deathtrap think.....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	marysville trip 055.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	220979   Click image for larger version

Name:	marysville trip 053.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	220980   Click image for larger version

Name:	marysville trip 056.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	220981  
Old 02-19-2009, 11:58 AM
Post Whore Nazi

MoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: 06 GSX-R Impaktech roundbar/reinforcement/nateplate/1piece tailsection setup

I think I need one. Why did I decide to make my k6 a lot bike? they are, as you put it "hot garbage"! But I love it . I'll keep snappin necks just so I dont have to ride a generic lot bike
Old 02-19-2009, 12:08 PM
is a squid

BIG-D is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 06 GSX-R Impaktech roundbar/reinforcement/nateplate/1piece tailsection setup

How is that plate better than Ian's?
Old 02-19-2009, 12:18 PM

Dick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BIG-D
How is that plate better than Ian's?
well for starters SI doesnt make em for the GSX-Rbut compared to the f4i and 636 one,i like the fact that mine lays flat and doesnt protrude off the edges...but who knows,i havent personally ridden one with an SI tailsaver just going off the way it looksand that wasnt where i was trying to go with this thread and say one company is better than the other,just my and wanted to share with fellow core GSX-R stunters...(if there is any besides me)
Old 02-19-2009, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by ViagRRa
I think I need one. Why did I decide to make my k6 a lot bike? they are, as you put it "hot garbage"! But I love it . I'll keep snappin necks just so I dont have to ride a generic lot bike
honestly I have to say i have 2 k6 gixxer 600s both street/stunt and besides the weak tailsection and somewhat inconsistant idle(oh and rumors that the frames break in half for no expected reason),i love them...the balance point is way back and challenging to learn with the super twitchy throttle,but once you get enough seat time,they really do make decent stunters...love the brakes,suspension,power,diesel idle,looks,etc....thinking about going to the 05-06 636 but id be ******* myself seeing as i have 2 identically setup FF k6 600s...
Old 02-19-2009, 12:27 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Nice but why didnt you make the tail saver go under the tail?

That is what I am doin on my 09 ZX6R, there is nothing under the tail were your feet go....So Im making a plate like a tail saver but its going on the inside under that area, so it offers the same amount of support its just not ugly...
Old 02-19-2009, 12:28 PM
Post Whore Nazi

MoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for rep

I love the yut ughhhh!!! sticker on your trailer. I have one on my Cadillac and one on my Civic
Old 02-19-2009, 12:30 PM
Squid Supreme

stick1300 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by loogie
id be ******* myself seeing as i have 2 identically setup FF k6 600s...
I'll trade you my F4i for one if it'll make you feel better
Old 02-19-2009, 12:30 PM
Post Whore Nazi

Originally Posted by JohnnyP

That is what I am doin on my 09 ZX6R, there is nothing under the tail were your feet go....So Im making a plate like a tail saver but its going on the inside under that area, so it offers the same amount of support its just not ugly...

Can I see a final product? And if its nice... wanna sell me one?
Old 02-19-2009, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by stick1300
I'll trade you my F4i for one if it'll make you feel better
What??somebody wants to trade an f4i for a gixxer???WTF...im feeling better and better about riding suzuki now
Old 02-19-2009, 12:38 PM

I didnt make it,Impaktech did...and I think the reasoning with putting it on top is so your tail doesnt get jumped around on,the plate does...as far as looks that might be better but as far as function i think its $$$$ on top ...If I was you I def. would make some that go under though,it sounds like some people would be interested in such a product
Old 02-19-2009, 12:46 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Originally Posted by ViagRRa
Can I see a final product? And if its nice... wanna sell me one?
Its just something Im going to make for my 09, I dont plan of selling them or making them for other bikes...Basically its the exact same as a tail saver, but under the tail plastic so you just dont see it...Your still going to be stepping on the tail, but there will be support under it....So it will still look stock...
Old 02-19-2009, 12:59 PM
is a squid

BIG-D is an unknown quantity at this point

well for starters SI doesnt make em for the GSX-R
Thats a good reason. I agree with Johnny about having it under the plastic. Its all about the stock look for me.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:00 PM
Post Whore Nazi

What??somebody wants to trade an f4i for a gixxer???WTF...im feeling better and better about riding suzuki now
Woot! Gotta love the following we have started getting

Its just something Im going to make for my 09, I dont plan of selling them or making them for other bikes...Basically its the exact same as a tail saver, but under the tail plastic so you just dont see it...Your still going to be stepping on the tail, but there will be support under it....So it will still look stock...
Like I said. Wanna make one and sell it? For an 06
Old 02-19-2009, 01:01 PM

SON DOOBY is a decent person

the one i made that went under the tail... worked... but after a month .. my tail still started to tear apart.. thats why i decided to put them over the tail... if i would have used the one over the tail from the start my tail would still be good today
Old 02-19-2009, 01:03 PM

SON DOOBY is a decent person

oh and sorry loogie... i totally forgot to send hardware..my bad
Old 02-19-2009, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by SON DOOBY
oh and sorry loogie... i totally forgot to send hardware..my bad
no biggy....by the way,can i rock a nate plate on my black gixxer?or no because it doesnt have mounts tapped into the roundbar???ive pretty much blown apart my stock minty 3 piece tailsection