swingarm extensions....need feedback

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 05:42 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person
swingarm extensions....need feedback

anybody tried these on a stunt bike?? i'm looking to get a set for my gsxr 1k, for the occasional "ladder high" wheelie....i am really thinking about getting a bolt on 8" over set but kinda question the strength.....any feedback would be appreciated, i have some time to research it as i still haven't gotten it running yet....
Old 02-18-2009, 06:04 PM
Naarden Bike Super Store

NAARDEN INC is a decent person
Re: swingarm extensions....need feedback

I think bill d had some on his stoppie r1 once, if i remeber write. Ive ridden with a few people with them and havent seen them snap just make sure you get some 7075 ones and call it good. I bet you can even find a used aftermarket swingarm on the flea bay
Old 02-18-2009, 06:19 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i think i seen pics of some one doing circles with them , john legion maybe ....

i don't remember who it was
Old 02-18-2009, 06:22 PM

Hazen is a decent person

I've seen 3 sets crack, and 2 sets break... in half at the arm.

I wouldn't do it.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:23 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by old man roger
i think i seen pics of some one doing circles with them , john legion maybe ....

i don't remember who it was
Sitdown Steve
Old 02-18-2009, 06:24 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by nags
Sitdown Steve
ya maybe that was it
Old 02-18-2009, 06:32 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Ryan lanier too i believe
Old 02-18-2009, 06:36 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
Ryan lanier too i believe
Ryan has an aftermarket swingarm. Not extensions
Old 02-18-2009, 08:18 PM
unemployment anonymous

wheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the rough

def sit down steve i think it was the roc thread there was a pic and he got called out on it
Old 02-18-2009, 08:25 PM
MONKEY TACTICS

PAUL H is an unknown quantity at this point

i cracked my f4i stock swingarm almost completely in half ,, and i was riding like that for about 2 months without even knowing it ,, thankgod it didnt snap on my *** lol
Old 02-18-2009, 08:33 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by stuntman420
i cracked my f4i stock swingarm almost completely in half ,, and i was riding like that for about 2 months without even knowing it ,, thankgod it didnt snap on my *** lol
seen that happen a couple times
Old 02-18-2009, 08:47 PM
MONKEY TACTICS

PAUL H is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old man roger
seen that happen a couple times
The funny thing is that i was doing ss circles and mike g or someone out in wisconsin pointed it out to me and i was like **** that must have been cracked for a long time because the crack was filled with dirt lol, kinda weird , now i check it all the time . I think it was from doing fast wheelies over these speedbumps they put up at out spot .
Old 02-18-2009, 08:48 PM
also known as OMR

seen a few break from 180 stoppies
Old 02-19-2009, 04:54 AM
www.EndlessMoto.com

EndlessMoto is a decent person

Just make sure you get a quality set of extensions and you should be fine Ryan; I've sold quite a few RoaringToyz and Exoticycle ones and haven't had any problems There are 400hp drag bikes running these things and launching very hard on sticky tires; like everything a cheap-China knock-off won't take the same abuse as the higher quality ones though and that is the last thing you want snapping when you are on one wheel.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:50 AM

ClutchITup929 is a decent person

My buddy had a set of exotic cycle extensions on his K7 Gix 1000 the only thing that happened was he twisted the adjusting bolt during a launch but he had a built motor so you should be ok I have a 6in set on a spare swing arm for the 929 for rolling burns but you can still get it up really good in 2nd.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:27 AM
www.EndlessMoto.com

EndlessMoto is a decent person

Originally Posted by ClutchITup929
My buddy had a set of exotic cycle extensions on his K7 Gix 1000 the only thing that happened was he twisted the adjusting bolt during a launch but he had a built motor so you should be ok I have a 6in set on a spare swing arm for the 929 for rolling burns but you can still get it up really good in 2nd.
Definitely make sure that the axle block is tight up against the adjuster bolts and the axle nut is as tight as you can get it; I've seen the adjusters bend otherwise, but that is generally caused by the axle nut not being tight enough or the adjust having a little gap between the head and axle block.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:45 AM

snapper1978 is an unknown quantity at this point

this is at the stuntshow after the roc i believe
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	sitdown steve.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	220975