180 stoppies

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2003, 10:52 PM
-Si

-Si is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow 180 stoppies

i can ride an endo pretty good i want to know how i can make it turn?
Old 07-10-2003, 11:00 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
just turn the bars..... turn 'em right and the rear end will go left... turn 'em left and the rear end will go right

Make sure you're balanced and dont land sideways going to fast... You'll check out fast and hard when you land. I did it last week
Old 07-10-2003, 11:37 PM

sdudgeonr6 is an unknown quantity at this point
there killing me!!
-sean
Old 07-11-2003, 12:51 AM

BunaRocket is an unknown quantity at this point
I can't ever get the front end to dip into the turn. My bike stays upright, and it travels off of the outside to middle part of the tire instead of the inside of the tire like everyone elses. I tried it for a while back before my surgery.
Justin a.k.a. Wingnut
Old 07-11-2003, 01:17 AM
Has-Been... Was I ever?

Brian_C6 is an unknown quantity at this point
speed and lean..... everything has to be "on point". I got them like no one else
Old 07-11-2003, 01:21 AM

NBSTUNTERZdave is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Brian_C6
speed and lean..... everything has to be "on point". I got them like no one else
i cant get 'em to turn either, and i think redline jimmy has them like no one else....
Old 07-11-2003, 01:31 AM
www.Redline-Xtreme.com

RedlineJimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
I got them like no one else
Willing to put money on it .

Simple Steps - First approach the stoppie around 30-40mph. Once you bring it up nice and high and your bike is about to slow down, just lean into and counter steer your bars...lean to the left...push your bars to the left. If you try it too fast the back end is going to whip around halfway and buck you off like bronco billy. It is probably the 2nd hardest trick to master next to 12's in my book.

Old 07-11-2003, 07:43 AM
Has-Been... Was I ever?

Originally posted by RedlineJimmy
Willing to put money on it .

Simple Steps - First apprach the stoppie around 30-40mph. Once you bring it up nice and high and your bike is about to slow down, just lean into and counter steer your bars...lean to the left...push your bars to the left. If you try it too fast the back end is going to whip around halfway and buck you off like bronco billy. It is probably the 2nd hardest trick to master next to 12's in my book.
Jimmy,
Well, I agree that it isn't easy but I learned them within the first 5 min of trying (ask Johnny DTE). For some odd reason I just nailed them one night.

You don't see many people doing them so I take pride in mine (I'm sure you feel the same). Congrads on the accomplishment.

BTW, here is a clip of me about 2 months ago..... it's the only clip I have so it isn't my best.

www.core6.net/videos/bricombo180.mpg
Old 07-11-2003, 08:39 AM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough
bri's work is all photoshop....i'm the real 180 master!!

teach
Old 07-11-2003, 09:10 AM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough
i can put it on the kick stand. lean it just right & spin 180.
Old 07-11-2003, 12:24 PM
www.Redline-Xtreme.com

RedlineJimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking I call your bluff....

Jimmy,
Well, I agree that it isn't easy but I learned them within the first 5 min of trying (ask Johnny DTE). For some odd reason I just nailed them one night.
If you got around the FULL 180 degrees in first 5min of practicing them I want your autograpgh . I know I went through a rear rim and lots of broken plastics while trying to nail this trick.
Old 07-11-2003, 01:36 PM
Has-Been... Was I ever?

Re: I call your bluff....

Originally posted by RedlineJimmy
If you got around the FULL 180 degrees in first 5min of practicing them I want your autograpgh . I know I went through a rear rim and lots of broken plastics while trying to nail this trick.
no autographs please but I ain't shittin ya man. I think I broke 1 peg because I highsided down the Cape last year. It seriously just happened one night.

Lata,
Bri

PS. I do honestly feel blessed because I see people struggle with it all the time.

PPS. I've past the 180 degree mark a few times and I'm gonna start working on 260's soon.... i think I can do it. But right now I'm working on keeping both feet on my pegs when I land so I can come out in a wheelie. I'll clip a 180 from this weekend at the Summer Nationals.... I think I rolled like 150ft and then turned it without putting them down & drove away. I'll post it tonight.
Old 07-11-2003, 01:50 PM

ProzaK is an unknown quantity at this point
Bri.. stop talkin **** u suck..

you cant even do a 180.. you go right past it every time..
Old 07-11-2003, 06:53 PM

900 Fury is an unknown quantity at this point
AS long as we are talking about 180 stoppies, I have always wondered why ya'll stop after spinnin the 180. Would it be possible to roll the endo, do the 180, then land/use the momentum to continue in the opposite direction? Or this too hard? I think it would be a cool trick. I suck, so I could never do it .
I used to work with a guy who at one time was a photographer for a motorcycle magazine and apparently at one time, he was covering some GP/Superbike race. I guess he was stationed at a 180 hairpin turn, and as the race progressed, he saw riders basically hitting their brakes into the corner, lofting the rear around the turn, setting it down, and riding away. At the end of the race, he said he was standing ankle deep in rubber pieces from the tires landing. Whether or not this dude was fulla bull, I don't know, but have any of you heard about that, or know what I am talking about? I guess it would be a pretty quick way around a corner that sharp, so it probably makes sense. Any input??????
Old 07-11-2003, 06:58 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
They're definetley not easy, but so far I haven't had any problems picking it up..I can get like 1 out of every 5 so far. I really dont do them very often though. I have a bald front tire and no steering damper
Old 07-11-2003, 07:07 PM
Has-Been... Was I ever?

got the clip... but I didn't roll that far before I landed. I'll post a long one is a second

http://www.core6.net/videos/bri180.mpg

Feedback Please
Old 07-11-2003, 07:13 PM

900 Fury is an unknown quantity at this point
THat's cool bri, right on!
Old 07-11-2003, 07:51 PM

YZF_RiDEr is an unknown quantity at this point
yo bri at the end did you clutch that up at that low of a speed or is your bike geared low.. other then that, that was the shiznit man.:YEAH

Quick Reply: 180 stoppies