quickie about O's

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 02:45 PM
CLUTCH IT UP BRRAAPPP!

dstb40 is a decent person
quickie about O's

ok ive read the threads i can find about circles i see about the throttle an brake an "keep it scary" in the turn but are you workin the clutch too? or jus gas brake gas brake etc? are you supposed to pull the clutch in some as you turn in? i can do the usual 3/4 like everyone says is the "easy" part but cant get the last part cuz it kinda dies on me or falls in or throws me off lol clutch ????
an please no stupid **** i know u guys hate the questions but ive tried an fuckd my **** off already lol
Old 02-17-2009, 02:46 PM
K5
I StiLL LivInG

K5 is a decent person
Re: quickie about O's

erveryone will tell you to lean in and committ...gas,dip,brake or something similar

or gas brake dip one of those orientations
Old 02-17-2009, 04:14 PM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

if its stalling out ur too hard on the brake. if it comes down ur lowsiding too much and need more gas. either way..more gas. Just blip the **** out of it. :twocents
Old 02-17-2009, 08:48 PM
CLUTCH IT UP BRRAAPPP!

ok so no clutch jus gas an brake then? so i need to jus stay on the gas a lil bit more
Old 02-17-2009, 08:55 PM

Klos is a decent person

I dont use the clutch in circles, unless it starts to stall but you rarely should have to use the clutch
Old 02-17-2009, 09:02 PM

Cincykillz is a decent person

when i do circles i use my clutch quite a bit but when i was learning i always coverd it it will really help save hi sides and i think circles are kinda like learning idle keep on doin it and one day it will click and start getting easier and easier then come combos and it gets hard again lol hope that helps
Old 02-17-2009, 09:13 PM

xxshiftrxx is a decent person

i have the same problem, i drop back and slow down till i dip in then i just let off the brake and try to feather it and i am like tottally hit and miss sometimes i do a couple most times i do 3/4 and stall, i need alot more practice but i was told that the big thing is it let of the brake and roll on the throttle right after you dip in, and that should kick you into the groove then its all brake and gas
Old 02-17-2009, 11:03 PM
CLUTCH IT UP BRRAAPPP!

yea i start to lean in after i hit the brake then when i hit the gas an it begins to turn it kinda flings me off to the outside so i hold my body in a lil more but its not confortable. but i think now that i know to jus keep the gas blippin while im turnin might help a lil bit guess its like he said jus keep doin it till it clicks lol. i know im not a pro but best advice ive heard is "jus do it" haha but a few pointers along the way help
Old 02-17-2009, 11:33 PM
so cal stunters union

g-man FOFC is a decent person

Originally Posted by dstb40
ok so no clutch jus gas an brake then? so i need to jus stay on the gas a lil bit more
all depends on ur gearing ,have ur idle turned up and get on idle and when u dip in look the way ur going and watch ur front tire keep it in the same spot whitch means clutch gas brake if u need to , but stay smooth and ull get it after a miilon attemps. when u try to hard ull catch urself giving it to much gas then u hit the brake to hard and go into a stall and u gotta pull in the clutch a little. BUT just stay smooooth .. ull drive ur self nuts but hang in there
Old 02-17-2009, 11:39 PM
so cal stunters union

g-man FOFC is a decent person

if u go to the left straighten ur left leg and bend ur rite at the same time and the bike will fall in . thats if ur doing them staggerd.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:10 AM

SmokechecK is a decent person

I am going to the right staggered.... but it is getting sooo comfortable and smooth. I am still learning getting 1 -2 here and there. Biggest things that have helped me in my few days learning is to look where you want the bike to go, stay leaned in, and dont be afraid to blip it.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:49 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

learn to work the clutch. if you start to highside you can save yourself by pulling in the clutch. eventually youll get to where you can stall it out and clutch back in. but you dont need to constantly slip the clutch for circles if youre doing them right. the idea is to keep the bike leaned in. if its comming up and stalling out on you then you need to shove the bike back down into the circle. if its lowsiding out on you then you need to hit the gas and push the bike to the outside of the circle. these things are hard to achieve learning staggered circs. seat standers come alot faster as you have alot more control with the even pressure of your feet. ppl who tell you to keep looking in well, i dont believe that. its true somewhat but whats most important is that you dont get locked into something cuz if you get caught up staring to the inside youll end up lowsiding out. keep control with your body. oh and get on the gas early, if you over think it too much its gonna be too late and youre gonna power highside yourself. small throttle inputs, small brake inputs.

another thing. get some video, its easier to give you help if we can see it. mostly it just takes time to get your muscles trained to react.

Last edited by sdfkillz; 02-18-2009 at 12:52 AM.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:14 AM
F*(K Yut Uggh

287ridah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dstb40
ok ive read the threads i can find about circles i see about the throttle an brake an "keep it scary" in the turn but are you workin the clutch too? or jus gas brake gas brake etc? are you supposed to pull the clutch in some as you turn in? i can do the usual 3/4 like everyone says is the "easy" part but cant get the last part cuz it kinda dies on me or falls in or throws me off lol clutch ????
an please no stupid **** i know u guys hate the questions but ive tried an fuckd my **** off already lol
At the end of 3/4th gas it sooner. Your letting the bike fall to much near 3/4th. Or just keep em higher from the start. Its also a push pull application. Body english can really save you too. What ^ said too.

Last edited by 287ridah; 02-18-2009 at 01:17 AM.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:14 AM
5 star

tavis10r is an unknown quantity at this point

I have had people tell me how to, and no words can make sense of a circle, just practice and stall and highside 1,000 times...when you go around once, the 2nd one will be totally different....one should give you the confidence to do 2 and more...
they are so hard to learn because everything you did to try to keep the bike straight when you were slow walking contradicts that of a circle...Know that if you can get that circle to start, you are on your way. you'll get em, and then wonder what all the challenge was about.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:21 AM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

Originally Posted by Cincykillz
when i do circles i use my clutch quite a bit but when i was learning i always coverd it it will really help save hi sides and i think circles are kinda like learning idle keep on doin it and one day it will click and start getting easier and easier then come combos and it gets hard again lol hope that helps
goddammit i got a big *** hill to climb
Old 02-18-2009, 01:24 AM
F*(K Yut Uggh

287ridah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tavis10r
I have had people tell me how to, and no words can make sense of a circle, just practice and stall and highside 1,000 times...when you go around once, the 2nd one will be totally different....one should give you the confidence to do 2 and more...
they are so hard to learn because everything you did to try to keep the bike straight when you were slow walking contradicts that of a circle...Know that if you can get that circle to start, you are on your way. you'll get em, and then wonder what all the challenge was about.
**** highsiding 1,000 times. I havet highsided yet. If your doing fast/wide O's then maybe. I still havent really tried them, but regular O's you shouldn't highside once you get the concept down. Not everybody will learn the same. I understand that. This one guy at the spot is learning circles but hes starting off with wide ones, looking close to highsiding everytime i see him. Different strokes for ....
Old 02-18-2009, 01:44 AM

zxonone is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by K5
erveryone will tell you to lean in and committ...gas,dip,brake or something similar

or gas brake dip one of those orientations
ive heard stay in line with the bike, and turn with upper body not by leaning. Im not very good at them though maybe you know better?
Old 02-18-2009, 02:18 AM

thehate. will become famous soon enough

I don't clutch 0's...but my boy does! it all what your used to! there is no easy way to do them just GO do them! once you do them there easy! it's like any other trick practice then practice some more!
Old 02-18-2009, 04:10 AM

zxonone is an unknown quantity at this point

depends on your gearing right? I guess maybe your style, how much you ride the brake, how fast and how much lean angle? someone correct me if im wrong please
Old 02-18-2009, 04:41 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by zxonone
depends on your gearing right? I guess maybe your style, how much you ride the brake, how fast and how much lean angle? someone correct me if im wrong please
no not really

Quick Reply: quickie about O's