quickie about O's

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 04:50 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light
Re: quickie about O's

Originally Posted by zxonone
whenever I see video of people learning O's they all seem to lean to the inside to initiate the circle and I believe, if im not mistaken, that this actually makes you fight the bike more physically rather than just ride with the bike. When I saw your video cjoe and even in your avatar it looks to me like your body positioning is off just a tad.. I could be wrong just a thought maybe someone who is better than I could chime in on this.. Ive always heard stay in line with the bike dont lean to the outside or inside, and dont lean to turn at all use your upper body. anyway tryin to help and learn myself.
he circles to the right, and in the staggered or foot on/in seat position you cant help but lean to the inside. thats what makes it harder to learn tight right handed circles. its difficult to pull the bike down into yourself. for going left i guess u could think of it as a quick adjustment of your body to the inside and then push the bike away from you down into the circle to initiate it. not really just leaning and waiting for it to happen.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:20 AM
Bacons Hot, Need a Spot

cjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud of

SDfkillz is right about putting my body inside of the circle and it un intentionally happens, but I've been workin at staying more over the bike and upright. If I go and try to push on my inside foot when standing tall and close to the bike i end up standing on the brake lever. Might actually have to try the same stance but with HB instead of FB to see if that helps with form.
The inside foot is also higher and more foward(frnt peg) outside on the passenger- or bar/seat.

Last edited by cjoec01; 02-19-2009 at 05:23 AM.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:46 AM

SmokechecK is a decent person

My RR keeps bogging down. I think i am going to slow, and sometimes i catch myself hitting too much brake. They are coming.... I can feel it. haha
Old 02-19-2009, 01:32 PM
CLUTCH IT UP BRRAAPPP!

dstb40 is a decent person

well i jus read all this before i go out today maybe ill make progress if i find someone to record a lil bit ill post up somethin but im keepin in mind stay in line with the bike blip the gas an dont ride the brake so hard. an i think realizin now i was tryin to turn into a circle not push it down into one which i think will be the biggest help. thanks guys ill see what happens lol
Old 02-19-2009, 02:43 PM
F*(K Yut Uggh

287ridah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dstb40
well i jus read all this before i go out today maybe ill make progress if i find someone to record a lil bit ill post up somethin but im keepin in mind stay in line with the bike blip the gas an dont ride the brake so hard. an i think realizin now i was tryin to turn into a circle not push it down into one which i think will be the biggest help. thanks guys ill see what happens lol
I think the main thing when learning is to keep it HIGH (less chance to highside) and come in ON idle. Then just learn the back n fourth transistion of gas to brake. Once you get the concept down and can rock 2-3 consistency, you can start being smoother, more inline, push/pull, etc.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:49 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

JesseJacobs can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
idle is def all preference. sometimes i ride with my idle as low as 2200 and someimtes ill crank it up to 4 just for fun. its all in what feels good to you, theres no right or wrong on it. for learning purposes you need to have it adjusted so its not making you rape your brake so much that your bogging and stalling out, or the other end where youre circling on mostly throttle. find the medium to make it smooth so you can better feel what youre doing.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.. Gonna go out right now.. Wish me luck!!

-Jesse
Old 02-19-2009, 04:39 PM
CLUTCH IT UP BRRAAPPP!

dstb40 is a decent person

**** my life.....
so i got kicked out today i did one ****** wheelie not even enough to be happy with an some le dueche kicked me out an in this bum *** town there is not much to ride in lol... now back to findin some where to ride for a lil while
Old 02-19-2009, 05:55 PM
I ♥ uR mOm

INSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant future

subscribed......... this should help this summer.